2018-19 Japanese Ladies' figure skating | Page 141 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Japanese Ladies' figure skating

sakurano

Final Flight
Who else will skate on SIA?

Rika K, Alexandra Trusova but it was an EX so I do not know if it matters, it's just that I feel like I see a lot of it, but I can not wait to see her choreography, her dress is beautiful

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh:yahoo: Shae or Wakaba must read in my thoughts!!!
Yesterday i was listening this Sia's song and i wanted to say in the dream program thread that "bird set free" would be a cool choice for Wakaba. This song is totally her. But i wasn't sure that it suits figure skating. If Shae did a choreo on that it means that it is.
Wakaba's next season programs https://mobile.twitter.com/wakahfans/status/1122084278018273280

Marin keeps her SP https://mobile.twitter.com/figureskatingm1/status/1122091506460794880

you should read tarots :biggrin:

zanadude

Medalist
Country
Japan
JSF - 2019 strengthened athletes (FS) announcement:

Special Athletes
Men: Shoma Uno, Daisuke Takahashi, Yuzuru Hanyu, Keiji Tanaka
Ladies: Kaori Sakamoto, Rika Kihira, Satoko Miyahara, Mai Mihara, Wakaba Higuchi

Strengthened A:
Men: Kazuki TOMONO, Koshiro SHIMADA, Yuma KAGIYAMA, Tatsuya TSUBOI, Yuto KISHINA, Shun SATO
Ladies: Mako YAMASITA, Yuhana YOKOI, Ayaka HOSODA, Nana ARAKI, Tomoe Kawabata, Yuna SHIRAIWA

Strengthened B:
Men:Sota YAMAMOTO, Taichiro YAMAKUMA, SHU NAKAMURA, Sena MIYAKE , Mitsuki SUMOTO, KAO MIURA
Ladies: Akari MATSUBARA, RINKA WATANABE, Yuna Aoki, Wakana NAGANAWA , Moa IWANO, (松生理乃 - Matsuike Rino?)

Yes, Rino MATSUIKE.

To me, the saddest part of that list was the omission of Rika Hongo, coupled with the fact that absolutely nobody seemed to notice.

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
Yes, Rino MATSUIKE.

To me, the saddest part of that list was the omission of Rika Hongo, coupled with the fact that absolutely nobody seemed to notice.

i feel sorry for Rika H., si was one of my favourite japanese ladies, but it's not a surprise given the terrible season she had

zanadude

Medalist
Country
Japan
i feel sorry for Rika H., si was one of my favourite japanese ladies, but it's not a surprise given the terrible season she had

Yes, she has crashed so hard that she should be spoken of in the same breath as Yuka Nagai.
Which is sad because she has actually competed at a Grand Prix Final, something the likes of Mai Mihara and Mirai Nagasu have never accomplished.

figurefan0726

Final Flight
Yes, she has crashed so hard that she should be spoken of in the same breath as Yuka Nagai.
Which is sad because she has actually competed at a Grand Prix Final, something the likes of Mai Mihara and Mirai Nagasu have never accomplished.

I actually loved her FS from 2016. But, I believe she also won a GP! Sadly, I remember her going to the GPF as an alternate (Gracie Gold withdrew) but it was a nice feat to do, and she was the only Japanese there (Satoko Miyahara didn’t make it)!

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
I believe Rika recently gave an interview and promised to include quad and 3A in the first half of her FP next season, and another 3A in the second half.
Very ambitious, but you better deliver Rika!:agree:
No more pops please, Rika-chan, we've had enough of those this season :drama:

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
I believe Rika recently gave an interview and promised to include quad and 3A in the first half of her FP next season, and another 3A in the second half.
Very ambitious, but you better deliver Rika!:agree:
No more pops please, Rika-chan, we've had enough of those this season :drama:

She said her success rate for 4S is 85%. This sounds awesome. I hope she has the same success rate in competition. 2 3A's and one quad in the free program would be insaaaaane(ly good ;) ). I am so looking forward to Rika's new layout and programs.

RafaelAstro

Final Flight
I wonder which musics will Yuna Shiraiwa use for her programs, I think she should use "notre dame de paris" again coz we only see that program two times and I think she performed so well with maturity as a junior, or maybe another classical/lyrical program?, and for the sp I think she should skate some funy program again, maybe keep her "get on board" program? XD I love it and she can do more clean performances but if not I would be so happy if she skates something like "the storm" from Havasi, love that piece, but I think a classical/lyrical program plus a funy/fast/modern program will help her to find her style and to show more variety. I will miss so much Rika's "Beautiful Storm" and Yuna's "Pictures at an exibition" :'(

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Wooooow!!! quads? Ayaka is ruining all stereotypes about figure skating.
Mastering 3A at 24, and now quads? I'm so shook, she's my star now.

She can be another Akiko Suzuki, a late bloomer who competed in her first major competition at 24yo and medaled at worlds at 26 yo.
Sure, the technical level is not the same but Ayaka has a big gun (3A) and is training another (quad). So with good performances and maybe with a bit luck (being at the right competition, with the right field, the right scoring, someone withdraws from a big comp, not that i wish that, etc.), she can bloom.

denise3lz

On the Ice
Country
Japan
Potential junior skaters for next season?

Since no one responded, I chose it irresponsibly.

Yuhana Yokoi will be Senior and likely Yuna Aoki too.

skaters who competed 2 JGPS in 2018 are still promising.

Tomoe Kawabata, Nana Araki, Shiika Yoshioka, Rion Sumiyoshi

Novice National champions

(Sumiyoshi (2016)), Hana Yoshida (2017), Rika Tejima (2018)

competed Senior National

(Araki(13), Kawabata(10)), Wakana Naganawa(12), Rinka Watanabe(18)

strong results at domestic competitions in 2019

Azusa Tanaka, Mone Chiba, Chisato Uramatsu, Natsu Suzuki, Rino Matsuike

skaters who landed domestically ratified 3A (I mean no <,<< and not minus GOE)

(Hana Yoshida), Kinayu Yokoi

age as of July 1 2019
18 (Akari Matsubara), Rino Kasakake, (Wabaka Higuchi)
17 Tomoe Kawabata, Nana Araki, Riko Takino, Yuna Aoki, (Sui Takeuchi), (Marin Honda), (Yuna Shiraiwa)
16 Shiika Yoshioka, Rinka Watanabe, Chisato Uramatsu, Natsu Suzuki, (Rika Kihira), (Mako Yamashita)
15 Rion Sumiyoshi, Wakana Naganawa, Akari Matsuoka, Moa Iwano, Sora Maeno, Serina Okada, Miyu Honda
14 Rino Matsuike, Kinayu Yokoi, Mone Chiba, Mana Kawabe
13 Hana Yoshida, Rika Tejima, Azusa Tanaka, Nonoka Ise, Juria Tamura, Noa Hozumi