2018-19 Japanese Ladies' figure skating | Page 59 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Japanese Ladies' figure skating

Mawwerg

Final Flight
JGPF is not the key thing this season but Japan team need to improve their performance for Junior Worlds where next season spots will be at stake.

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Two ladies in top 10 at junior worlds still very doable. I don't worry for next year JGP spots.

leoleo

Medalist
It seems they showed bits of Wakaba's new free skate on japanese tv today. We shall wait until some nice japanese fans kindly post it online for us :agree:

rikaquegira

On the Ice
preview of Wakaba's FS! the music already annoys me https://twitter.com/figureskatingm1/status/1038443192763310082
she went for the delicate theme for her FS this season! very different from skyfall. I won't judge it yet cause it's from earlier this summer so obviously not complete + we don't see it all. I just hope her performance will help me forget i hate Edith Piaf :laugh:

Yay!!!! Love the dress! And love her choice of music. She’s always moving forward, trying something different. I love that!
The dress is very pretty.
And her 3Lz3T is sooooo solid!!!!
A shame for the fall. But this was just a summer competition so, no big deal.
Can’t wait to watch her incredible skate this season. She’s one my favorite skaters. ❤️

leoleo

Medalist
Yay!!!! Love the dress! And love her choice of music. She’s always moving forward, trying something different. I love that!
The dress is very pretty.
And her 3Lz3T is sooooo solid!!!!
A shame for the fall. But this was just a summer competition so, no big deal.
Can’t wait to watch her incredible skate this season. She’s one my favorite skaters. ❤️

The dress is very pretty indeed :love:

sakurano

Final Flight
I will not judged because it is only the beginning but for the moment she does not have any connection with the music which can make the program weird, however there is room for improvement the little we see.<3
The Hamada team is ready ;), strongly next week to see the programs in competition conditions.

I am surprised by Rika K for a 16-year-old girl she seems to have her head on her shoulders, she made the right decision by focusing on the 3A.

the Japanese juniors may not be JGF this season but they have time to grow and they already have a lot of talent.

leoleo

Medalist
Not being successful in the junior field does not necessarily mean the jpn junior girls won't succeed in senior field anyway (and vice versa). Plus the competition is really scary! I'm seeing great qualities in some of the girls (TOMOE :love: ) coaches just need to work on making them full packages and the JGP can just help them get experience and get used to the atmosphere of the international competitive field.

sakurano

Final Flight
Not being successful in the junior field does not necessarily mean the jpn junior girls won't succeed in senior field anyway (and vice versa). Plus the competition is really scary! I'm seeing great qualities in some of the girls (TOMOE :love: ) coaches just need to work on making them full packages and the JGP can just help them get experience and get used to the atmosphere of the international competitive field.

Absolutely
as some have said a lot of great skater did not win as juniors and as soon as they came in as seniors, won big competitions.

I think Nana, Hanna, Sara, Yohanna have this potential.

skatenewbie

Medalist
Just notice that Shiika Yoshioka is assigned to Ostrava with Nana Araki, and JSF filled Shiika previous assignment in Ljubljana with Yuna Aoki, and that's left Tomoe Kawabata with no 2nd assignment yet. If Yuna performs poorly i think Tomoe will have her 2nd assignment back or JSF may send her to Yerevan as well.

madmax

Rinkside
After russian test skates I've got the sensation that this year there's room for a Japanese lady winning the world championships

leoleo

Medalist
After russian test skates I've got the sensation that this year there's room for a Japanese lady winning the world championships

not if the judges keep giving them the pcs they usually give them :noshake: :rolleye: but i'm rooting for the japanese girls to surprise everybody this year

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
It's literally September. Skaters of every nation are making mistakes early in the season and no senior has had a really magnificent outing yet because it's early September. I'm not sure that now is the time to predict the downfall of Russian skaters or say that certain skaters won't be podium contenders. Maybe they will, maybe the won't. Let's wait and see.

leoleo

Medalist
Just notice that Shiika Yoshioka is assigned to Ostrava with Nana Araki, and JSF filled Shiika previous assignment in Ljubljana with Yuna Aoki, and that's left Tomoe Kawabata with no 2nd assignment yet. If Yuna performs poorly i think Tomoe will have her 2nd assignment back or JSF may send her to Yerevan as well.

Tomoe doesn't have a second assignment already? i could swear i saw someone mention her getting a second assignment somewhere :shocked:

yume

🍉
Record Breaker

In a world where they all bomb so bad that even their monster GOEs and PCS can't save them (that can happen actually).

madmax

Rinkside
It's literally September. Skaters of every nation are making mistakes early in the season and no senior has had a really magnificent outing yet because it's early September. I'm not sure that now is the time to predict the downfall of Russian skaters or say that certain skaters won't be podium contenders. Maybe they will, maybe the won't. Let's wait and see.

In the last three years the gap between Evgenia, Alina and the rest of the world was stellar. I had little doubt that at the awards ceremony it would've been played the Russian National Anthem.
This year they both seem in trouble, for several reasons. So, the competition is open. Nothing more, nothing less.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Wakaba struggled at a summer comp.
Evgenia struggled a bit today. Alina struggled a bit more than a bit today.
Kaetlyn struggled last summer.
And many more, of course.

And yet, all of them got better over the season, not just technically, but in their programs. (Like I didn't know how Skyfall would go for Wakaba at Lombardia but at Worlds it was magnificent).

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Tomoe doesn't have a second assignment already? i could swear i saw someone mention her getting a second assignment somewhere :shocked:

She had a second assignement but JSF gave her 2nd spot to someone else.