2018-19 U.S. Ladies' figure skating | Page 190 | Golden Skate

2018-19 U.S. Ladies' figure skating

oatmella

陈巍
Record Breaker
Girl changed her music and program again. How is she going to be ready with two new programs by Nationals?

Music Short Program / Short Dance as of season 2018/2019
Malaguena by Ernesto Lecuona
Asturias by Isaac Albeniz

Music Free Skating / Free Dance as of season 2018/2019
Trio Elegiaque No. 3 by Sergei Rachmaninov

http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00034366.htm

That’s the SP she skated in Talinn - a piano arrangement of Malagueña and Asturias.

The FS looks new though.

MarinHondas

Final Flight
Bradie scores 71+ at Golden Spin! Yay! “Only” a lutz toe, but it’s clear that was the right decision. Her first ever 70+ sp score.

klutzy

On the Ice
Bradie scores 71+ at Golden Spin! Yay! “Only” a lutz toe, but it’s clear that was the right decision. Her first ever 70+ sp score.

Which shoots her past Sakamoto's PB and puts her pre-GP in 4th for 2018 PBs among Senior Ladies. She moves down to fifth though with Rika's new PB and, of course, the Golden Spin is generously scored--still, definitely a move in the right direction. If she'd skated her short like this at the GP events she'd have had a shot at the final.

macy

Record Breaker
Girl changed her music and program again. How is she going to be ready with two new programs by Nationals?

Music Short Program / Short Dance as of season 2018/2019
Malaguena by Ernesto Lecuona
Asturias by Isaac Albeniz

Music Free Skating / Free Dance as of season 2018/2019
Trio Elegiaque No. 3 by Sergei Rachmaninov

http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00034366.htm

this is what is on USFS Fanzone, so they must both be new-

2018-19 SEASON NOTES
SP Music: "Fire Dance" by Jennifer Thomas
FS Music: "Illumination" by Secret Garden

regardless even if it's just one program... :palmf: come on karen.

lusterfan

Final Flight
Great skates from Bradie and Mariah! I'm really loving Mariah's programs this season -- she sells them well with great joy and emotion. Bradie was fierce and smart switching to the lutz toe.

andromache

Record Breaker
Very impressive that Bradie scored as high as she did without much PCS inflation. I wonder if she will keep the 3Lz-3Lo combo in the LP? If not, I think that will impact her overall layout a bit.

The 3-3 for Mariah continuing to cause problems. Let's see if she can do another clean LP.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Bradie should keep the 3z+3lo in the FS, because then she can do two lutz combos without repeating 3t. Even if she gets < on the lo, that's still a boatload of points. The risk for the < is so much less in the FS than it is in the SP.

Interesting that the two top Russians skate after Bradie in the FS.

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
I wouldn't read too much in Mariah beating Bradie on PCS. The former skated 33rd, while the latter performed 3rd, and skate order is hugely important when it comes to the second mark. Having said that, it's obviously a great sign for Mariah to win PCS in the event.

Charlotte 71

On the Ice
I'm with Frida80 in that I don't think Kostner's a factor this season. So, it's really a question of whether Bradie (and it will be Bradie), our no. 1 US Lady, can beat out the third ladies of Japan and Russia and get fifth and then whether Mariah or Ting can pull in a strong enough skate to pull in just behind them--so, say, Bradie fifth, Mariah eighth.

Bradie was sixth last year at Worlds, though she was helped by Japan getting only two spots. On the other hand, Kostner's not a major contender and the Canadians seem to be on a sort of break. The Russians are going to be Zags and possibly two fairly inexperienced younger skaters. Japan will probably be strong, but it's possible one skater will have a weak skate.

Bradie has decent nerves--she's had fumbles, but her skates don't fall apart--and she's already been under a ton of pressure at this point. (Mariah, alas, makes me nervous--so beautiful when it's all working, but consistency has been a bugabear.)

So, I'm not saying I'd bet on this, just that it's not impossible.

I'm with you - I think a 5th and an 8th - or a 4th and a 9th - or a 6th and a 7th - is possible. All it would take would be a couple of subpar skates from maybe one Russian and one Japanese lady, and four good skates from the two Americans. Not likely, but possible.

Sugar Coated

Final Flight
Bradie should keep the 3z+3lo in the FS, because then she can do two lutz combos without repeating 3t. Even if she gets < on the lo, that's still a boatload of points. The risk for the < is so much less in the FS than it is in the SP.

Interesting that the two top Russians skate after Bradie in the FS.

How do they determine start order? I thought it was random within group but am new to the sport. If that’s the case it seems that the top ranked skater (one with most clout) tends to be last more than one would expect statistically.

lanceupper1114

On the Ice
How do they determine start order? I thought it was random within group but am new to the sport. If that’s the case it seems that the top ranked skater (one with most clout) tends to be last more than one would expect statistically.

I think within a group, the bottom 3 after SP are randomized for 1-2-3; the top 3 are 4-5-6?

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Don't look too much into it..Bradie skated third, that is the only reason her PCS was lower than Mariah's. Mariah needs to get a 3-3, fast!

Judges tend to hold the early PCS down so as to save the higher scores for 'established' skaters. Bradie is still only in her second season and may not be seen as 'established' just yet. Two of the judges on the Ladies panel aren't ISU level and probably hadn't seen Bradie perform live before, so to them she is a newbie.