2024 U.S. Nationals: Pairs' Thoughts? | Golden Skate

2024 U.S. Nationals: Pairs' Thoughts?

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

It was messy. 🤷‍♂️

I wasn't a fan of Efiova and Mitrofanov's SP, but they are looking strong for not being together very long. Kudos to McBeath for doing the best she could after only 6 minutes on new blades!

I really hope that Howe nurses that shoulder. I would like to see them back strong next season. I winced watching him lift her and just think it's not a good idea to compete anymore this season. For both their safety, but just my personal opinion.

Happy for Kam and O'Shea, but she needs to get those jumps under her!

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
I've not seen all programmes of the FS yet, but I was impressed by Efimova and Mitrofanov. That definitely did not look like a new partnership. I understood they won the FS. I saw Chelsea and Balasz as well, quite impressed by them too, even if it did not go according to their wishes regarding the throws. That there exists a thing like the pewter medal, is a good thing on that score. McBeath skating on new blades was also pretty impressive, even if she and Parkman fell out of the podium. Hope to see more later, messy or not.

noskates

Record Breaker
Congrats to Danny and Ellie. However, if they hope to be successful internationally she's going to have to conquer her singles skills. I was so sad when Spencer and Emily had to withdraw but his health is more important.

slider11

Medalist
I think Kam/O'Shea are the best chance right now to keep 2 World spots, hopefully 3. I love Emily and Spencer but he needs time to heal with that serious tear; will he be ready in March? Efimova and Mitrofanov looked good yesterday but need time to gel; too bad they were not appointed to 4CC.

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
Efimova and Mitrofanov looked good yesterday but need time to gel; too bad they were not appointed to 4CC.
Alisa Efimova and Daniil Parkman can't compete internationally for the US at the moment (Alisa because her last competition for Germany was less than a year ago, Daniil because he hasn't been released by Georgia yet).

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I love Ellie and Danny and Ellie and Timmy. I also love Nica and Mark and believe they would have placed higher if she had not had a sprained ankle. In fact, I'm surprised they were able to do as well as they did with her having a sprained ankle.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Emily and Spencer are sadly needed. I say sadly because really they probably shouldn't be picked. They haven't skated competitively like in a year. They didn't make it through Nats. There were some other promising teams but weren't eligible. Their body of work isn't that fantastic especially since they couldn't compete. It's not their fault of course but in fairness they just are the best hope but I can see good cases for other teams because of the lack of competition and no nats full result. I am surprised theydidn't say they would monitor them wiht the injury and not completing nationals. But with Ellie and Danny two spots are secure and three are not out of the possibility. I think a lot has to do with how well the three Canadians teams do.and where the ordinals end up.