2024 U.S. Nationals Senior Pairs Short Program | Page 20 | Golden Skate

2024 U.S. Nationals Senior Pairs Short Program

Janice4th

On the Ice
I would like to know when Spencer had the surgery, and when doctors said he could get back on the ice to train, and realistically when it was felt he would be fully recovered enough to compete. They had to know the GPs were out of reach, though I can understand waiting till the last minute to pull out.

At this point, if Spencer is not healed now, will he be by Worlds? Certainly, the U.S. pairs discipline could use C/H's proven talent and competitive track record at Worlds.
He had the surgery in 2022 was my understanding. I don’t know if he will be able to do Worlds, but I think they will have a test skate before they give approval.

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
He had the surgery in 2022 was my understanding. I don’t know if he will be able to do Worlds, but I think they will have a test skate before they give approval.
No, he had the surgery in May 2023. He had the injury all through the 2022-23 season; maybe that's what you were remembering.
You can go back a few pages to click on the article that went out Friday.

Janice4th

On the Ice
No, he had the surgery in May 2023. He had the injury all through the 2022-23 season; maybe that's what you were remembering.
You can go back a few pages to click on the article that went out Friday.
I probably misheard when the people I was with talked about it.