Gracie Gold training for a comeback? | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Gracie Gold training for a comeback?

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Regardless if it is true or not - wishing all the best for Gracie, if this is what she want, I will be there watching with excitement, not expectations.
I think it could be a good thing for her with that coaching thing and maybe it is even a part of healing, coming at peace with that part of her life, making the transition - I have trust she knows what is the best for her right now and do things that will push her forward only in positive direction.

Plumededragon

Medalist
Too lazy to read the whole thread (sorry lol), but I hope that if she does attempt to come back, it will be as her true self and not as the air-headed ice princess the fed wanted her to be. Only then will we see an athlete who is simply happy to be skating. But I don’t really worry about that. She made it clear several times that she feels much better and happier as her true self. :)

SteveK1986

Spectator
I read that Gracie is back Training now coached by Vincent Restencourt . ( eiskunstlaufblog.com).
An offical announcement is still to await is written there.
Does anybody has more Information ?

Sounds good to me 😊

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I read that Gracie is back Training now coached by Vincent Restencourt . ( eiskunstlaufblog.com).

Sounds good to me 😊
An elite skater who trains out of the Skating Club of Wilmington said on Twitter in a public post that he had heard that Gracie was training at Ice Works in Aston Pa., about 30 miles from Wilmington.

Gracie has been photographed at IceWorks holding talks or coaching, not training AFAIK. She will be holding a Meet & Greet there for a show in late April. It is one of the rinks Coach Vincent works at. I know of no official announcement that Gracie has returned to training.

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
I used to compare Gracie and Osmond when both broke into the international scene around the same time. I thought it was pretty obvious at that time Gracie had better jumps (3lz-3t which Osmond still does not have) and better spins, and she was also very charming. But Gracie went down and Osmond kept on skating & improving. Theoretically she can still have a comeback, as long as she gains her mental strength. At this moment, she doesn't have much to lose.

In their first meeting at junior worlds, Kaetlyn had to do a qualifier as she was unknown/unranked and she won the 'Q round'. Her main rivals (except for Joshi) did not have to do a 'Q'. Next she skated in the main event and finished a respectable 10th overall, behind skaters like Julia L., Gracie, Adelina, Satoko, Christina G., Zijun Li and Joshi. To say that she has improved versus her former 2012 competitors, would be an understatement.

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Oh please, we all just want to know what’s up with Gracie.

Endless nitpicking over comparing her to Kaetlyn, not so much. Kaetlyn does not need to be defended in this thread. Good luck to Kaitlyn, but no one here has diminished her.

Back to Gracie......

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
Oh please, we all just want to know what’s up with Gracie.

Endless nitpicking over comparing her to Kaetlyn, not so much. Kaetlyn does not need to be defended in this thread. Good luck to Kaitlyn, but no one here has diminished her.Back to Gracie......

Ya think? Than you're likely a speed reader el henry, and must have glazed over posts by both jammers and skaterboy here, with their usual trash talk, or perhaps you just like to ignore some on here, and I don't blame you. Anyways, as you said, back to Gracie.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
I used to compare Gracie and Osmond when both broke into the international scene around the same time. I thought it was pretty obvious at that time Gracie had better jumps (3lz-3t which Osmond still does not have) and better spins, and she was also very charming. But Gracie went down and Osmond kept on skating & improving. Theoretically she can still have a comeback, as long as she gains her mental strength. At this moment, she doesn't have much to lose.

Osmond wouldn't do a 3Z+3T because if she happens to get an edge call it would affect the GOE on both jumps. If she's more confident with her 3F (her best jump) then she wouldn't do it.

Osmond also doesn't have a 3F+3S that she competes with but has done beautiful ones in practice. Zagitova does a 3F+3T in her SP run throughs but doesn't do it in competition - same with a 3Z+3T... doesn't mean she still doesn't have them. I'm sure Medvedeva could do a 3Z+3T but if she gets an edge call, like Osmond, it'll cost her points.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
The “source” is a lower level skater who finished towards the bottom of the standings in his division at Sectionals: Not exactly elite. Just saying.

Can we just let Gracie do what she’s going to do and then cheer for her regardless?!??

louisa05

Final Flight
Too lazy to read the whole thread (sorry lol), but I hope that if she does attempt to come back, it will be as her true self and not as the air-headed ice princess the fed wanted her to be. Only then will we see an athlete who is simply happy to be skating. But I don’t really worry about that. She made it clear several times that she feels much better and happier as her true self. :)

I don't think the federation actually tries to mold images. They don't do a good job with PR at all, quite frankly, let alone creating an image for any skaters. If they were so damn good at controlling image and PR, there wouldn't be fiascos like Mirai's post skate interview at the Olympics or Karen's boot flap or about 8 million other PR nightmares over the years. I think people are way too conspiracy minded in general and give U.S. Figure Skating way too much credit.

What I do think is that Gracie was a high achieving teenager with a people pleasing personality who let her parents (or most likely her mother), coaches and choreographers be in charge because she didn't know herself yet and didn't want the conflict that would have come with asserting herself and thus displeasing the adults. Eating disorders are often related to lack of control and high achieving teens are more prone to them. Those two elements in her personality and situation would also lend themselves to other people controlling her skating career.

NAOTMAA

Medalist
I don't think the federation actually tries to mold images. They don't do a good job with PR at all, quite frankly, let alone creating an image for any skaters. If they were so damn good at controlling image and PR, there wouldn't be fiascos like Mirai's post skate interview at the Olympics or Karen's boot flap or about 8 million other PR nightmares over the years. I think people are way too conspiracy minded in general and give U.S. Figure Skating way too much credit.

Well they did tell Rachel Flatt to get a hair cut and that it would be most beneficial :biggrin: :rofl:

Honestly, while they may not be as hands on as the Russia fed. is, I do believe they do to some extent meddle with their top skaters. Especially when you taken into consideration money being involved and no federation/company will be completely hands off when money is in play. They're just not as open or in your face about it, more subtle and sporadic. As you said the're not very good at it :confused2:

mrrice

Record Breaker
Well they did tell Rachel Flatt to get a hair cut and that it would be most beneficial :biggrin: :rofl:

Honestly, while they may not be as hands on as the Russia fed. is, I do believe they do to some extent meddle with their top skaters. Especially when you taken into consideration money being involved and no federation/company will be completely hands off when money is in play. They're just not as open or in your face about it, more subtle and sporadic. As you said the're not very good at it :confused2:

I agree. We have all seen that scene in I Tonya where the judge tells her "We also judge on presentation." Whether or not a judge tells you personally, as a coach, you see what's winning and make adjustments accordingly. I doubt a judge would order Rachel to cut her hair. They might have told her.....Rachel is ready for a new look and she might look better with short hair. I've received suggestions like these from judges either with hair, costume, and even shoe choice. In my most cases these suggestions come after a coach asks what they can do improve a skaters status.

macy

Record Breaker

Sounds good to me

I also just read this on Instagram in the comments on a Gracie fan page...one person said Carly coaches at her rink and she confirmed Gracie is training, another said she skates with Gracie at the same rink and is being coached by Vincent. Of course Gracie herself hasn't made an announcement, but from what I’m seeing she is training for a comeback

SteveK1986

Spectator
Hopefully - i Hope her Story will end on a different note.There is so much Potential ...Let‘s if she will find a way to fight her demons and come back stronger than ever.

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I also just read this on Instagram in the comments on a Gracie fan page...one person said Carly coaches at her rink and she confirmed Gracie is training, another:eeking: said she skates with Gracie at the same rink and is being coached by Vincent. Of course Gracie herself hasn't made an announcement, but from what I’m seeing she is training for a comeback ��

I read this really fast and I thought someone was saying that Carly was also in Aston, and I was like Wow! :eek: but now I get it:laugh2:

I only wish Gracie the best, and whatever she wants to do and wherever she wants to do it is fine with me, but if her one time BFF Jason would visit her rink, and they would let me know, I would not take that amiss:laugh:

princessalica

Final Flight
I really am excited! I really hope that she is able to break free and skate for herself and in the process show a realization of all of her potential!

narcissa

Record Breaker
I also just read this on Instagram in the comments on a Gracie fan page...one person said Carly coaches at her rink and she confirmed Gracie is training, another said she skates with Gracie at the same rink and is being coached by Vincent. Of course Gracie herself hasn't made an announcement, but from what I’m seeing she is training for a comeback ��

:hap93:so excited

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
If nothing else, I'd love if she was able to craft a more positive ending to her competitive career. She was forced out by severe personal problems, and if she were able to skate again and put out some work she was proud of, that would (one hopes) make a huge difference in how she viewed her time skating.

bevybean

On the Ice
What do you mean by: “They’re not as great as I thought”? :scratch2:

Figure skaters, like any and all famous people, are no less human than you and I and everyone in between. Sure, Gracie has said some things in the past that made me raise an eyebrow, but so have many other skaters. She’s 22 years old with a life outside of the rink - she’s not always going to speak and act like prim and proper royalty, nor should we expect that she has to.

In Sportfan's defense...I've heard things about musicians that I wish I hadn't and it keeps me from following famous people too. In my case I got the story because of working in the theater business. Basically, a certain singer I won't mention got sass from someone in his band, so he backhanded her. And, I'm sorry, but that is not "just a mistake" being made. And I seriously have issues listening to that person's music even though I really like it.

So, while SarahSynchro is right that sometimes skaters will say things incorrectly and we need to have some forgiveness for them. There are also celebrities out there (be it sports, music, acting, etc.) who aren't good people. I get that need to not be "disappointed".

Jedi

On the Ice
Ya think? Than you're likely a speed reader el henry, and must have glazed over posts by both jammers and skaterboy here, with their usual trash talk, or perhaps you just like to ignore some on here, and I don't blame you. Anyways, as you said, back to Gracie.

This is completely uncalled for Osmond4gold. But I agree this post is about Gracie. I am curious is she really doing a comeback or simply doing some training for herself. It does seem odd though she had just announced a major change in her life to do a career/job in coaching. I hope she can find true peace because I am sure that effects everything else. I still think she needs stability in her life.