2018-2019 Programs By Discipline | Page 25 | Golden Skate

2018-2019 Programs By Discipline

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
These programs may be what the ISU bios say, but I am wondering?:scratch2:

Those are last year's SPs for Donovan and Andrew T. Andrew skated to "Open Arms" by Journey as his SP at Broadmoor . Donovan said he would have a new SP this year to a unnamed samba tune. Now I haven't seen any SP clips from Donovan, so he may have returned to Capone (which I :luv17: so that won't bother me. I'm less crazy about Andrew's Moonlight Sonata.)

They need to get cracking on updating their bios:biggrin:

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
Kevin Reynolds
SP : Illusionary World by 植松伸夫 Nobuo Uematsu (Final Fantasy IV) choreographed by Lance Vipond
FS : music of Ni no kuni (a role-playing video game ) by 久石譲 Joe Hisaishi

what a nerd (i mean it as a compliment :biggrin:)

c3zara

On the Ice
Country
Romania
Yuhana Yokoi
SP - The Lion King (Miho Kawaume)
FS - Phantom of the Opera (Miho Kawaume)

Mako Yamashita
SP - Una Voce Poco Fa (Mihoko Higuchi)
FS - Madame Butterfly (Mihoko Higuchi)

Hiroaki Sato
SP - Too Close (Massimo Scali)
FS - Shostakovich Symphony Number 5 "Revolution" (Misao Sato)

Yuna Shiraiwa
SP - All On Board (Tom Dickson)
FS - Pictures at an Exhibition (previous season's FS)

Keiji Tanaka
SP - Memories (previous season's SP, Massimo Scali)

Mitsuki Sumoto
SP - Tosca (Nanami Abe)
FS - Mi Mancherai (Nanami Abe)

Koshiro Shimada
SP - Adios (Stephane Lambiel)
FS - Winter in Buenos Aires (Stephane Lambiel)

Source: https://twitter.com/InTheLoPodcast/status/1021663847822712833

markovai

Rinkside
These programs of the first JGP men competition are from last season. Even though the federations send the competitor's new info sheets by the deadline of the JGP competition, it takes some time for ISU to update the bios.

Lenny318

On the Ice
Kevin Reynolds
SP : Illusionary World by 植松伸夫 Nobuo Uematsu (Final Fantasy IV) choreographed by Lance Vipond
FS : music of Ni no kuni (a role-playing video game ) by 久石譲 Joe Hisaishi

MarinHonda:
SP - Seven Nation Army (Shae-Lynn Bourne)
FS - Lovers (Lori Nichol)

WakabaHiguchi: FS - Hymne à l'amour (Yuka Sato)

Satoko Miyahara
SP: Song for the little sparrow (Patricia Kaas) by Lori Nichol
FS: Invierno porteno (Astor Piazzolla) by Tom Dickson

I'm excited for all of these

Ophelia

Record Breaker
Whoaaaaa. Did not expect Marin Honda to be doing Seven Nation Army. Would've thought Higuchi for that song if anyone.

Super intrigued by Nathan Chen's long program choice.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
There are so many cool music choices this season so far!!! Much better than last season, honestly.

Post-Olympic season effect, people want to tackle some new, different things and see if it will work, same with coaching changes to be honest:)

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Piper Gilles has decided to make clues for G/P’s programs for the season. This is the first (for the RD?):

https://www.instagram.com/p/Blnh88ch6AF/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=16hi7op6e7rkk

Make your star-themed predictions.

My first thought seeing Van Gogh's painting posted by Piper was 'Clair de Lune', because there is a YT clip of the piece illustrated with this painting, but then Ithought about 'My Vincent' movie and music to it...Regardless what it will be -I'm excited!:)

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
These programs may be what the ISU bios say, but I am wondering?:scratch2:

Those are last year's SPs for Donovan and Andrew T. Andrew skated to "Open Arms" by Journey as his SP at Broadmoor . Donovan said he would have a new SP this year to a unnamed samba tune. Now I haven't seen any SP clips from Donovan, so he may have returned to Capone (which I :luv17: so that won't bother me. I'm less crazy about Andrew's Moonlight Sonata.)

They need to get cracking on updating their bios:biggrin:

They will. Meanwhile, I erased the post. Too many are last year's.

pearly

Record Breaker
My first thought seeing Van Gogh's painting posted by Piper was 'Clair de Lune', because there is a YT clip of the piece illustrated with this painting, but then Ithought about 'My Vincent' movie and music to it...Regardless what it will be -I'm excited!:)

There's also a song called Starry, Starry Night by Don McLean. Seems obvious, though.

eppen

Medalist
Country
Spain
Nathan Chen FS: Land of All by Woodkid
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eh0hpFeuVuI

Sort of old news, but just watched it properly for the first time and got curious about changes in program layout. This is one of the first 4 min, new rules FS seen from the top male skaters. It was not completely skated there (about 3 min), but well beyond the midway point. So, I give them the benefit of doubt with regards to layout etc.

For men the normal layout with the backend bonus and 4,5 min program has been 3+5 with preferably the combos in the 2nd part to maximize TES. The first part has also contained usually one spin and ChSq/steps. This one looks like it's going to be 5+2 and the first 2 min contained nothing but jumps which I found rather boring to watch (That was probably why I stopped watching quite quickly the first time I clicked that link).

I am very curious to see whether this will be the trend for everyone or will someone actually bother to take a risk of putting out a 4+3 program although it will not benefit them in the score. For guys the 30 s reduction is quite a lot even with one less jump element - the jumps take about 20 s to do from start to finish, so the time reduction is larger than the jump that was taken out.

E