IceNetwork Ending/NBC Sports Gold update | Page 7 | Golden Skate

IceNetwork Ending/NBC Sports Gold update

Dragonheart97

Rinkside
I didn't get the email either and I've been an IN member from day 1.

I had my watching "system" down. Watch/dvr everything on NBC/NBCSN/OLYS Channel and everything else on IN. Worked great (most of the time). I hope the new 'arrangement' will be easy to use.:rolleye:

I'm hoping that they won't show things on Olympic Channel exclusively like they seemed to this year because that's only available for our cable provider if you buy a package with other sports channels that we have no interest in whatsoever, just like Universal Sports got changed to before it went under. It won't even let me use it on the app because we don't pay for it on TV. :rolleye:

alyssamarie

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Update your account by Friday, June 8 at noon ET
Dear icenetwork subscriber:

This email is to inform you that the technical glitch associated with updating your icenetwork account wallet has been resolved. If you have not already done so, please update the billing information on your account prior to noon ET on June 8 to receive the Figure Skating Pass on NBC Sports Gold for a special, discounted auto-renewal price of $49.99.

To update your account, please follow the steps below:
1. Login to your icenetwork account at icenetwork.com
2. Under "Your Account" at the top left of the "Account Management" page, click WALLET
3. Update your billing information and click save

Current icenetwork Season Pass subscribers will be migrated to the NBC Sports Gold platform in advance of the launch of the new subscription service on July 1, 2018. To ensure that your account is up to date prior to the migration, and to take advantage of a special discount, please login to your icenetwork account prior to noon ET on June 8 and verify that the credit card and billing information in your account Wallet is up to date. If you have any trouble accessing or updating your account, please contact icenetwork customer service for assistance.

The current icenetwork Season Pass subscription service will be available through June 30, 2018. All auto-renewed subscribers will be contacted after July 1 to set up their NBC Sports Gold username and password, providing access to the Figure Skating and/or Speed Skating Pass service.

We are pleased to inform you that the price for the NBC Sports Gold Speed Skating Pass will be just $19.99. There will not be a Premium Pass offering, and each sport subscription service will be sold separately.

NBC Sports Gold, including the “Figure Skating Pass” and “Speed Skating Pass,” is available on Apple iOS, Android, Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV, Chromecast and Roku, and online at NBCSportsGold.com. This expanded access will provide figure skating and speed skating fans with unprecedented convenience in their viewing experience. The “Figure Skating Pass” coverage on NBC Sports Gold will be in addition to the more than 80 hours of programming per season that will be shown on NBC and NBCSN through the 2025-26 season. The full schedule of events will be announced this summer.

If you have any questions, please refer to our FAQ or contact us at [email protected].

Thank you,

U.S. Figure Skating/Icenetwork, LLC

How come speed skating is so cheap?? When I got in I got both for $25 ($50 if you weren’t a usfs member)

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Seriously though, what is WITH these four day deadlines?? I've never heard of a deadline so short for other financial things!

Moxiejan

Medalist
Country
United-States
So I replied to the latest "auto-renew"email with a question: If I don't renew by the deadline, what will the price be?

The response was that my question couldn't be answered, because NBC hasn't announced the pricing structure yet.

So I asked how it was that a "special, discounted" price could be advertised when the "regular non-discounted" price wasn't yet known.

Still waiting for an answer.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So I replied to the latest "auto-renew"email with a question: If I don't renew by the deadline, what will the price be?

The response was that my question couldn't be answered, because NBC hasn't announced the pricing structure yet.

So I asked how it was that a "special, discounted" price could be advertised when the "regular non-discounted" price wasn't yet known.

Still waiting for an answer.

I thought they had announced the pricing?

Tavi...

Record Breaker
the non in subscriber price is just $10 higher. it's not really a discount

I guess it depends on how you look at it. $10 doesn’t seem like a lot, but the $49.99 subscriber price is actually discounted 17% versus the $59.99 non-subscriber price.

DC2003

Rinkside
Apart from the videos, one thing that I will really miss about IceNetwork is the news. Apart from searching for figure skating news on Google News, are there any other sites that have timely news about figure skating that anyone can recommend?

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Ice Network is technically still around if you want to catch some last minute things!
http://web.icenetwork.com/home

NBC Sports Gold has officially launched. If you are on IN and made the switch, you can go on https://www.nbcsports.com/gold and on the log-in page, state "forget password" and you should be able to log in.

I downloaded the app on my apple TV and iPad and watching the 4CC men's FS final group and it looks really good on my TV!

NaVi

Medalist
Apart from the videos, one thing that I will really miss about IceNetwork is the news. Apart from searching for figure skating news on Google News, are there any other sites that have timely news about figure skating that anyone can recommend?

There really needs something to fill this void. Russia and Japan and somewhat Canada are the only countries that have real news sources covering figure skating regularly and they frequently cited icenetwork. It would have been nice if icenetwork continued as a news outlet... maybe supported by patreon and the federations or the ISU match donations. And Goldenskate could pick things up a bit in the news department.

The icetalk podcast is still continuing though.

temadd

Final Flight
Ice Network is technically still around if you want to catch some last minute things!

NBC Sports Gold has officially launched. If you are on IN and made the switch, you can go on https://www.nbcsports.com/gold and on the log-in page, state "forget password" and you should be able to log in.

I downloaded the app on my apple TV and iPad and watching the 4CC men's FS final group and it looks really good on my TV!

As an IN subscriber I tried the "forget password" thing and it did not recognize my email. Any suggestions?

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
As an IN subscriber I tried the "forget password" thing and it did not recognize my email. Any suggestions?

Did you do the update wallet thing and get charged for the new NBC subscription?

Tally

Rinkside

Thanks Mrs. P! I logged into NBC Sports Gold per your instructions, and also streamed the 4CC competition on my tv - very good quality indeed! I'm hoping NBCSG delivers this season! I noticed the app received abysmal reviews... :palmf:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Does it work on anyone's computer?

The forgot password trick works, but there are many of those check all the boxes with signs/motorcycles/cars etc captcha tests to get there.

The app downloaded to my firestick ok, so I can watch on tv, and it is ok for Android phones.

Last edited:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I received an email from IceNotwork that they would not be renewing my subscription because of "territorial reasons". Apparently, after all these years, they've suddenly realised I'm in Australia? Here I am ready and waiting with my money, but apparently Australian money is no good to them.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Did this apply to the NBC app as well?

I guess NBC might be more aware of where Australia is than IN :(

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Did this apply to the NBC app as well?

I guess NBC might be more aware of where Australia is than IN :(

They just said flat-out they wouldn't be renewing me at all. So I guess it's all of it.

I just had a thought, though - what about the US Classic? If that's going to remain exclusively on NBCSportsGold like it was on IceNetwork, then suddenly, an event with a traditionally quite large Australian contingent has been cut off from their viewers. Sorry Mama and Papa Dodds, no seeing your boys skate this year...(not that they saw much of them any other year because they seemed to constantly be victims of the garbage streaming, but still...)

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Does it work on anyone's computer? snip

Yes it is working on my phone and my PC. I have Windows 7. I have been watching the
ID SD from Worlds and so far the quality of the video is excellent.

Now I have to figure out how to get the app onto my Smart TV. :scratch2:

Ducky

On the Ice
Yes it is working on my phone and my PC. I have Windows 7. I have been watching the
ID SD from Worlds and so far the quality of the video is excellent.

Now I have to figure out how to get the app onto my Smart TV. :scratch2:

Depending upon what type of Smart TV you have it may not be available. :-(

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
My credit card company thought the $49.99 for NBC Sports Gold was a suspicious purchase, so the charges never went through when I didn't approve it in time. I think I'm going to wait and see what people think of the streaming service for the US Classic before I go ahead with a purchase. I have Playstation Vue and can watch the Olympic Channel on there; last year I could watch pretty much every event live so I almost stopped using IceNetwork entirely.