China Will Not Host ISU Events in 2018-19 | Page 8 | Golden Skate

China Will Not Host ISU Events in 2018-19

In fact, the only saving grace of the men's competition judging was that the nationalistic bias largely cancelled out, at least as far as top placements were concerned. Which is one reason why going after biased judges in an inconsistent way makes the problem worse, not better. Judges that are biased in different directions can counteract each other. If you eliminate some of the biased judges but not others, then that counterbalance is thrown off.

:agree:

But hey why fix anything ever, when you can single out one Chinese judge, and let the others escape. Who cares about fair judging?

This sport is garbage.

charlotte14

Medalist
:agree:

But hey why fix anything ever, when you can single out one Chinese judge, and let the others escape. Who cares about fair judging?

This sport is garbage.
:laugh: let's stop watching it.

I am certain Chinese fed will strike a deal with ISU after this season and it will be fine. It is not like ISU does not need them, ISU need them very much for the next Olympics. The matter is how much ISU will give in, especially on the short track.

Oh, I will. Not like Sochi didn't make me dislike the ladies event so much that I've been watching it at all outside of this Olympic season and WCs. I'm guessing I'm not the only one either. So that natural rhythm will be restored this season, and I'm predicting that I will follow men only till 2022, as well. And probably only watch the faves. Why stick with this crap? I hope the sport loses all viewers, it deserves the worst.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique

I am certain Chinese fed will strike a deal with ISU after this season and it will be fine. It is not like ISU does not need them, ISU need them very much for the next Olympics. The matter is how much ISU will give in, especially on the short track.

ok.. please tell me what were the unfair decisions for Chinese in short track... because the way i watched the games, everyone got stiff rulings... and China didn't stand out as being screwed by such decisions

charlotte14

Medalist
ok.. please tell me what were the unfair decisions for Chinese in short track... because the way i watched the games, everyone got stiff rulings... and China didn't stand out as being screwed by such decisions
It does not matter. The point is Olympic 2022 will be in Beijing. It will cost a lot of money. Logically... ISU should give in.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
It does not matter. The point is Olympic 2022 will be in Beijing. It will cost a lot of money. Logically... ISU should give in.

wow... i mean... one would expect that ISU would give in for short track in korea... where it is the national sport.. but actually, koreans were DQ when they impeded... and what happened? a canadian won a medal and was sent death threats...

this is pretty petty things in my opinion... Chinese fed is making a huge mistake.

apple123

On the Ice

Everyone got stiff rulings, but to what extent? China has been particularly targeted and lost a few golds because of the DQs. ISU is so guilty that it didn't allow China to make an official complaint. They intentionally avoid Chinese team for an hour after the match and then announced it's over time for any complaint. That tell you a lot.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Everyone got stiff rulings, but to what extent? China has been particularly targeted and lost a few golds because of the DQs. ISU is so guilty that it didn't allow China to make an official complaint. They intentionally avoid Chinese team for an hour after the match and then announced it's over time for any complaint. That tell you a lot.

regarding short track.... all i will say is that China was NOT a main contender for these olympics.. they were in previous games.. but not these ones... Canada was DQ from the relay just like China was (women's) ... but Canada is still hosting their events... Marianne St-Gelais, a Canadian star of short track, who is a world champion and 3 times silver medalist at O games was more or less DQ from all her races.. same as Elise Christie, the reigning all distance World Champion

this is short track for you... unpredictable.. shocking.. etc..

and honestly, long are gone the times of the wonderful superwoman yang yang. China was not a favourite for short track at these games... if that's the reason used by chinese authorities.. wow... they are making a huge mistake.

apple123

On the Ice
regarding short track.... all i will say is that China was NOT a main contender for these olympics.. they were in previous games.. but not these ones... Canada was DQ from the relay just like China was (women's) ... but Canada is still hosting their events... Marianne St-Gelais, a Canadian star of short track, who is a world champion and 3 times silver medalist at O games was more or less DQ from all her races.. same as Elise Christie, the reigning all distance World Champion

this is short track for you... unpredictable.. shocking.. etc..

and honestly, long are gone the times of the wonderful superwoman yang yang. China was not a favourite for short track at these games... if that's the reason used by chinese authorities.. wow... they are making a huge mistake.
Yeah right. Not a main contender but still got a gold and lost a few other golds just because of DQs. I'm not sure what's your definition of main contender. Clearly you made up your mind. So whatever.

apple123

On the Ice
Short track is unpredictable and shocking. But it should come from the competition NOT from the judging. I guess someone just doesn't get it.

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Chinese judges are not the only ones or the worst. If they are mad, i think it's not because they think they are innocents but because they are treated as the only judges who have nationalistic or favorites judging.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Yeah right. Not a main contender but still got a gold and lost a few other golds just because of DQs. I'm not sure what's your definition of main contender. Clearly you made up your mind. So whatever.

what i am saying here is that many countries had decisions against them... when the top two women in the world don't even medal, one from the UK and one from from Canada, you know that there was action on the tracks...when the home nation, Korea, doesn't do as well as they were supposed to do, yeah.. you know that a lot of action happened. In the end, except for the ladies relay, China met the expectations, considering their pre-games placement... the truth is that entering the games, china has had stronger teams in the past. China should celebrate Wu and focus on the future. it's not helpful in my opinion to think about the past. especially when it has to do with shot track... every race is a surprise.

PS i have been following the sport for many years... even before it was an olympic sport... i know some decisions are iffy... but in these games, China wasn't targeted at all. You are welcome to disagree but it remains the same issue... if the Chinese federation was so angry, why didn't they protest the rulings at the games? Why now??? why withdrawing events now? Sometimes, nations dispute referees calls.. never heard the Chinese did such a thing

irriya

On the Ice
The funny thing is, nobody knows why they're doing this still...If you're doing this to protest against something, what is it? (・_・ヾ no news no official announcement nothing. What are you trying to hide if you already took the action?

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
If ISU does not give in, who will host the next Olympic?

Host the skating in Korea again for all I care. Just don't give in when a tantrum is thrown.

Oh, I will. Not like Sochi didn't make me dislike the ladies event so much that I've been watching it at all outside of this Olympic season and WCs. I'm guessing I'm not the only one either. So that natural rhythm will be restored this season, and I'm predicting that I will follow men only till 2022, as well. And probably only watch the faves. Why stick with this crap? I hope the sport loses all viewers, it deserves the worst.

Bye then. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Chinese judges are not the only ones or the worst. If they are mad, i think it's not because they think they are innocents but because they are treated as the only judges who have nationalistic or favorites judging.

Uh, no. That would be the Russian judges. But I don't see the Russians throwing a temper tantrum over it.

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
But I don’t get how dropping the events is gonna help Chinese’s case. Their skater lose home advantage for this year GP series.

I do think all irregular judging should have been called (yes I’m looking at you US), if you don’t called is injustice.

And I know nothing about speed skating, so I can’t tell if the DQ was right or wrong.

charlotte14

Medalist
But I don’t get how dropping the events is gonna help Chinese’s case. Their skater lose home advantage for this year GP series.

I do think all irregular judging should have been called (yes I’m looking at you US), if you don’t called is injustice.

And I know nothing about speed skating, so I can’t tell if the DQ was right or wrong.
Post Olympic season is not that important anyway. The scoring will be a mess because of the new rules. The events will be a mess because of so many polticial games. In the end it is all for EXPERIMENT! Chinese fed want to show ISU they are important in the grand scheme of things. And ISU will find a way to negociate with them.

I've read that it's maybe all winter sports? If so, I doubt the CSA is doing this by its own volition.

Post Olympic season is not that important anyway. The scoring will be a mess because of the new rules. The events will be a mess because of so many polticial games. In the end it is all for EXPERIMENT! Chinese fed want to show ISU they are important in the grand scheme of things. And ISU will find a way to negociate with them.

Agreed. Just that it's also a ripe time to start the mud-flinging for the next quad. So hope the mess resolves. If it's on the Chinese OC's orders, though, I don't think there's TOO much to worry for the FS athletes, at least, as they would have a ready-made excuse.

apple123

On the Ice
what i am saying here is that many countries had decisions against them... when the top two women in the world don't even medal, one from the UK and one from from Canada, you know that there was action on the tracks...when the home nation, Korea, doesn't do as well as they were supposed to do, yeah.. you know that a lot of action happened. In the end, except for the ladies relay, China met the expectations, considering their pre-games placement... the truth is that entering the games, china has had stronger teams in the past. China should celebrate Wu and focus on the future. it's not helpful in my opinion to think about the past. especially when it has to do with shot track... every race is a surprise.

PS i have been following the sport for many years... even before it was an olympic sport... i know some decisions are iffy... but in these games, China wasn't targeted at all. You are welcome to disagree but it remains the same issue... if the Chinese federation was so angry, why didn't they protest the rulings at the games? Why now??? why withdrawing events now? Sometimes, nations dispute referees calls.. never heard the Chinese did such a thing
Did you even read my posts? China protested at the games but ISU cited procedure error to ignore it. ISU intentionally avoided Chinese team for an hour after the match and then said it passed the time limit to acclaim any complaint. It's that ridiculous. You claim you watched the games, but you didn't see China's head coach argue with the referee at the rink? It's broadcast alive world wide. How strange.