4T-4T Combination | Golden Skate

4T-4T Combination

gonewiththewind25

Final Flight
Is it possible to do a 4T-4T combination and if so, has anyone ever landed it in practice?
Also, with the new rules does it make sense to even try it?

pinetree67

Spectator
I would think not. It seems, at least at the moment, to be humanly impossible, or at the very least, unreasonably difficult. Also, considering the difficulty of doing a combination along with the likelihood of failure, it would probably make more sense to do the quads in separate jumping passes.

combo

Rinkside
Takahito Mura's 4T-4T attempt, at 1:14 - http://dai.ly/x2bf7t9

I don't really think it makes sense to try, points rewarded wouldn't accurately represent the difficulty imo, but I do think its possible.

asiacheetah

On the Ice
Yes it's possible. I don't know if anyone ever landed it.

And no it makes no sense to try. You can only repeat 1 quad. Your GOE suffers if you underrotate or have a bad second jump in the combo so why risk it. Most quads in combination now days is done so they can repeat the quad. I would imagine with the quad repetition rules, more single quads in the future. I actually think that's good. I saw a 4T video comparison between Kolyada and Yuzuru. Every quad combo of Kolyada's he tend to collapse his upper body and his quad and the whole combination end up looking bad and leads to loss of GOE points. Whereas the single 4Ts have smooth curved exits and higher GOE. and that's just a 4T 3T combo.

pohatta

On the Ice
There are videos of Shoma (and maybe others) practicing 3A-4T, and I think that makes sense. With three combinations in the LP, at some point the second/third jump slots become more important, too important to be filled with just 3Ts/2Ts.

gonewiththewind25

Final Flight
There are videos of Shoma (and maybe others) practicing 3A-4T, and I think that makes sense. With three combinations in the LP, at some point the second/third jump slots become more important, too important to be filled with just 3Ts/2Ts.

Do you have a link to the video of Shoma practicing the 3A-4T?