Inline Figure Skate Advice | Golden Skate

Inline Figure Skate Advice

AussieIceSkater07

Spectator
Hi, this is my first post on here so I apologise if I’m not posting in the right area or something.
I’m thinking about getting new figure skates soon and putting inline wheels on my current ones. I’m researching Snow White inline wheels and The PicSkate company. Is there anyone here with experience with either products? Also, I’m not sure if my current blades would even be able to be removed. I’ve got Risport Venus skates.

Any replies would be much appreciated :)

wobblepro

Rinkside
Sorry, not an answer here, just a related question. I've been offered a pair of used inline hockey skates by someone who doesn't ice skate, let alone figure skate, but who thinks they might be useful to me. Does anyone practice off ice with these kind of skates? What kind of techniques can you do? (I've skated almost 3 months and my coach has me working on backward crossovers, 3 turns, single leg spins, swing rolls, t-stops, etc... so please don't suggest anything too crazy lol). And is it a good idea to practice figure skating techniques in inline skates, or will this give me bad technique?

mystery905

Rinkside
I have PIC skate framesets mounted on Edea chorus boots.

It is the best compromise on wheeled/inline skates, as there is a rocker as well as 'picks' on the toes.

It is harder to do moves on them than ice figure skates, and you cannot go as fast. I think I exert at least twice as much energy doing the same moves I do on the ice, and I have to be more precise (which I guess would help when I get back on the ice.)

I was able to do salchows and waltz jumps my first time on them, and outside 3-turns. Inside 3-turns and toe loops I was able to do after a few sessions.
I just learned my loop jump on the ice, but cannot do them on my PIC skates yet.

For wobblepro: you cannot do figure skating moves on normal inline skates. You need to get either PIC skates or Snow Whites, so you get the rockered edge as well as correct toe stops.

Schpanky

Rinkside
Hi Aussie, I had two friends with artistic inline skates. They both prefer the Snow White set up to the Pic Skates, but I can't tell you why. Both were ice skaters first. Sorry I can't help more.

Wobblepro- hockey inline skates are bad because they offer little to no ankle support and are not comfortable. They have a hi-low set up which is almost rockered, but not like a figure skate. My inline skate feels just like an ice skate, it's called Seba, I use it for slalom inline skating, it's a challenging discipline. I have a small rockered frame on them but no toe stop because most of the difficult moves require the toe. I would recommend these if you're not into jumping. If you want any roller blade to feel more like an ice skate, all you have to do is rocker the wheels. This means change the front and back wheel to 4mm smaller than the middle two wheels.