Ice skate advice | Golden Skate

Ice skate advice

Vidana

Spectator
Hey, i’m just looking for a bit of advice with some new ice skates I bought. For context I have some new Risport Electra Lights (With Edea Rotation blades if that is important to this), i got them fitted and they seemed like a pretty great match, i’ve been skating in them for around 3 weeks for like 45 mins - an hour most days.

I expect to be in pain breaking in new boots (although can’t really compare from my first pair) but my ankles and front of my feet are genuinely in so much pain, i’ve tried loosing laces but it doesn’t really do much since even if they are tight, my laces end up coming loose themselves within a couple minutes doing anything.
Am I doing something wrong? i’ve heard you should wear them at home to break them in but i’m a bit worried to since my gaurds are too small since they were for my first skates (i’m trying to find new ones) and i don’t have soakers yet (not that i’d walk in them, just to have on whilst im wearing them) because they’re still being shipped.

I’m just not sure what to do, any and all advice would be great, thanks in advance

WednesdayMarch

Nicer When Fed
Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Hey, i’m just looking for a bit of advice with some new ice skates I bought. For context I have some new Risport Electra Lights (With Edea Rotation blades if that is important to this), i got them fitted and they seemed like a pretty great match, i’ve been skating in them for around 3 weeks for like 45 mins - an hour most days.

I expect to be in pain breaking in new boots (although can’t really compare from my first pair) but my ankles and front of my feet are genuinely in so much pain, i’ve tried loosing laces but it doesn’t really do much since even if they are tight, my laces end up coming loose themselves within a couple minutes doing anything.
Am I doing something wrong? i’ve heard you should wear them at home to break them in but i’m a bit worried to since my gaurds are too small since they were for my first skates (i’m trying to find new ones) and i don’t have soakers yet (not that i’d walk in them, just to have on whilst im wearing them) because they’re still being shipped.

I’m just not sure what to do, any and all advice would be great, thanks in advance
Go back to your fitter and tell them. They should be able to help you.