Adult Beginner Looking to Upgrade to New Skates - Edea, Riedell or Jackson? | Golden Skate

Adult Beginner Looking to Upgrade to New Skates - Edea, Riedell or Jackson?

lizzy15

Spectator
I’m adult skater in my 30s who returned to the ice after about a year and a half ago after quitting figure skating as a teen and never touching the ice since.
I was hoping to wear my old Riedell skates as they were beautiful with amazing new blades shortly before I quit but the toe box pinches too much.
I went to my local skate shop and purchased Riedell Emeralds which I’ve never been happy with.

Looking to upgrade before working on my waltz jump more but having trouble finding straight forward recommendations for adults. Currently based on my own research I’m considering Riedell Stride or Motion or Jackson Freestyle. I’m looking at Risport and Edea but don’t know much about either brand. Thanks so much.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
I’m adult skater in my 30s who returned to the ice after about a year and a half ago after quitting figure skating as a teen and never touching the ice since.
I was hoping to wear my old Riedell skates as they were beautiful with amazing new blades shortly before I quit but the toe box pinches too much.
I went to my local skate shop and purchased Riedell Emeralds which I’ve never been happy with.

Looking to upgrade before working on my waltz jump more but having trouble finding straight forward recommendations for adults. Currently based on my own research I’m considering Riedell Stride or Motion or Jackson Freestyle. I’m looking at Risport and Edea but don’t know much about either brand. Thanks so much.
HI and welcome. In order to help you: We need to know foot shape (look this up), height/weight, arches: v. high/high/regular/low/flat?
Also, what is your current skill set and what are you hoping to accomplish skill wise in the near future?

Good luck!

lizzy15

Spectator
Thank you!
I had no idea there were so many specific foot shapes! After looking at several examples I’d say mine are closest to Egyptian feet shape. I have high arches.

I’m 5’3”, 140 lbs. My current skill set is up through Freestyle 1 based on ISI and Pre Freeskate US Figure Skating. I’m hoping to improve my spins and half jumps this year and would love to progress to single jumps.

Thanks again

Ic3Rabbit

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Thank you!
I had no idea there were so many specific foot shapes! After looking at several examples I’d say mine are closest to Egyptian feet shape. I have high arches.

I’m 5’3”, 140 lbs. My current skill set is up through Freestyle 1 based on ISI and Pre Freeskate US Figure Skating. I’m hoping to improve my spins and half jumps this year and would love to progress to single jumps.

Thanks again

Look at Risport Royal Pro great for high arches and decent for Egyptian foot shape. Risport in general is good for high arches, but Royal line for Egyptian foot. You could also look into Riedell and Graf, and if you need suggestions, let me know! Good luck to you!:)

lizzy15

Spectator
Look at Risport Royal Pro great for high arches and decent for Egyptian foot shape. Risport in general is good for high arches, but Royal line for Egyptian foot. You could also look into Riedell and Graf, and if you need suggestions, let me know! Good luck to you!:)
Thank you so much for your help! Seems from talking to other adult skaters at my rink like the fitter by me puts most people in Jacksons. So I’m glad to have this knowledge to specifically ask to try the Risport Royal Pro. Planning to try non gem series Riedell too possibly.

Ic3Rabbit

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Thank you so much for your help! Seems from talking to other adult skaters at my rink like the fitter by me puts most people in Jacksons. So I’m glad to have this knowledge to specifically ask to try the Risport Royal Pro. Planning to try non gem series Riedell too possibly.
For Riedell try the Stride. Good luck!