Jean-François Ballester has passed away | Golden Skate

Jean-François Ballester has passed away

Weathergal

Medalist
I am utterly stunned and saddened to read this!! Yes, I loved him in the kiss and cry. And what he and Alexander Koenig did with Aliona and Bruno is remarkble and something I really respect. I also enjoyed seeing Bruno work with him as a coach. Sincere condolences to his family and friends. RIP, Jean-Francois.

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
I always noticed his joy at competitions, my thoughts are with his family.

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Oh no, how terribly sad. Thinking of his family and all his students and colleagues.

liv

Record Breaker
Oh my. I didn't recognize the name at first, but I certainly recognized the face. Wow. What a shock to everyone around him. RIP, sir. Just too young....

Mohacz

Medalist
Country
Poland
How sad! I loved his reactions during Aljona and Bruno's FS in PyeongChang. He always seemed so positive and respectful. And he was so young.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Oh my heavens!

Wasn’t he just in the KnC with Laurine LeCavalier and Kori Ade this past week at IdF?

Prayers for him and his loved ones:pray:

Nirti

Medalist
He just went back from Tallinn Trophy... Shocking news. He was really appreciated by the people who knew him personnaly.

Ladybug89

On the Ice
Oh my heavens!

Wasn’t he just in the KnC with Laurine LeCavalier and Kori Ade this past week at IdF?

Prayers for him and his loved ones:pray:

Oh my god.. yes he surely was. I was sitting directly behind him during the ladies practice last week in Grenoble... watching him and trying to listen as he was talking with Lambiel rinkside while Laurine and Matilda were practicing...

I am completely shocked. All the best to his friends, families and students. 🙏😥

QuadThrow

Medalist
I am in tears. What a loss this is.

He was the man behind Bruno through his whole life and he chose "La terre vue du ciel". Such a great man.

P44

On the Ice
OMG what a shocking news... He was still so young, I saw him one or two weeks ago at a grand prix event, I never imagined it could happen :sad21:

rachno2

Record Breaker
His legacy—and facial expressions—will live on forever in Aljona and Bruno’s iconic Olympic free skate. RIP 🙏

libecha

Rinkside
I feel sick from this news. So sudden and shocking. Condolences to his family, friends, and everyone who loved him.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Always loved his Kiss and Cry reactions. He has been a permanent fixture for quite some time now. I see the article says he was only 53 years old. So sorry, and my condolences to his family and friends.

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
Unexpected and heartbreaking. He was very young, too. Thinking of all his family and friends right now - I had no idea he was so close to Bruno.

MDIslander

Rinkside
Still trying to wrap my head around the reality that JF passed away ... so sudden and unexpected. My heartbreaks for his family, friends and students - especially for Bruno who not only spent 22 years with him, but also loved him like a second Dad. I had no idea that it was because of JF that Bruno relocated to Switzerland - according to this French article https://www.ouest-france.fr/sport/p...nd-jean-francois-ballester-est-decede-6106572 .

May they find comfort in their memories of him. Gabi posted this message in French & English on Twitter & IG "RIP to my good friend Jean-François Ballester. He was one of the most special person I got to meet, full of joy, laughter, humility. My thoughts to his family, friends and student. The world lost someone wonderful, but lucky are those who crossed his path we love and miss you"

enzet

On the Ice
Shocking news. :shocked:
I didn’t know him personally, but I loved seeing him at competitions as he always seemed like such a nice guy.
I called him Roy Orbison, not only because of some physical resemblance to Roy in one stage of his career, but in general, I got a similar vibe from him.
I only wish the similarities had stopped there.
Both taken away way too soon due to heart attack at the age of 53 and 52 respectively… I hate to think of this!:noshake:
He will be sorely missed…:sad21:

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I didn't know him by name, but I certainly recognized him in the K&C. Gone way too soon. Condolences to his family, Bruno, and students.