Choosing new blades | Golden Skate

Choosing new blades

Bells546

Spectator
Hey everyone! So sorry to ask the same repetitive question, but after reading most of the forum I'm undecisive.

I'm looking into getting new blades (no more blade to sharpen). I currently have Matrix Elite blades... I've never had a problem with them, but I've never tried anything else either to compare. My friend mostly recommends Pattern 99 (his Elite blades broke!!! within two months), and says he's seen a huge difference in the lift off for his jumps.

If this helps at all I'll mostly be practicing/jumping triples with these blades. I have really deep and quality edges, so I'd like for that to be conserved as well. Is the Matrix technology worth it to choose it over the 99s? Would Revolutions be even better? Even though they're similar, they still must have some differences. If you have any input to offer, I'd love to hear it!

Thank you,

Bells xx

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Hey everyone! So sorry to ask the same repetitive question, but after reading most of the forum I'm undecisive.

I'm looking into getting new blades (no more blade to sharpen). I currently have Matrix Elite blades... I've never had a problem with them, but I've never tried anything else either to compare. My friend mostly recommends Pattern 99 (his Elite blades broke!!! within two months), and says he's seen a huge difference in the lift off for his jumps.

If this helps at all I'll mostly be practicing/jumping triples with these blades. I have really deep and quality edges, so I'd like for that to be conserved as well. Is the Matrix technology worth it to choose it over the 99s? Would Revolutions be even better? Even though they're similar, they still must have some differences. If you have any input to offer, I'd love to hear it!

Thank you,

Bells xx

I'm a former elite and after wearing just about every blade known to the skating world, have stayed with and swear by P99s. I have extremely deep edges (former ice dancer too) and again love them. No to Revolution version of blades though, hated them and they make catch foots and other moves a nightmare.