Moulin Rouge
    POTO
    Carmen
    Les Mis
    Romeo & Juliet of any kind
    Moonlight Sonata
    Clair de lune
    Piazzolla, but only;
    Adios Nonino/Libertango/Oblivion/One of les 4 estaciones (anything ending in porteno)
    Chicago
    Swan Lake
    Puccini but only;
    Turandot/Madame Butterfly/La Boheme/Tosca
    Scheherezade
    Hallelujah
    Sound of silence

Missed anything?
    anything by Il Volo or Bocelli or Lara Fabian...Maria de Buenos Aires (i don't remember the actual name)

Quote Originally Posted by TA91 View Post
    I know these are the basic warhorses but I don't feel like I've heard a Scheherezade in a while so I wouldn't mind it too much.
    this year i've heard at least two of them

3 Not allowed!
    I love Puccini (warhorses or not), but I would love it if we could get to see a programme on Suor Angelica. Not so famous, but a lovely opera. Lots of dramatics and emotions (I can easily see our favourite S-Korean friend including the despairing soprano scream when the lead finds out her child has died which is part of a beautiful piece of music), but rather gentle in its story. Just soft voiced nuns, a rather nasty aunt and an unhappy mother. And of course (this is a story taking place in a convent) a glorious, supporting Mary.

I always wish for some Doctor Who, but so far only Star Wars and the Matrix have managed to nestle in.

Would anyone dare to include d'Artagnan again? Phillippe's programme in 1998 is iconic, so it might be difficult to surpass. I can see Yuzu doing it because his style is so totally different. And of course technically far ahead.

Bona Fide Member

5 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ladyjane View Post
    I love Puccini (warhorses or not), but I would love it if we could get to see a programme on Suor Angelica. Not so famous, but a lovely opera. Lots of dramatics and emotions (I can easily see our favourite S-Korean friend including the despairing soprano scream when the lead finds out her child has died which is part of a beautiful piece of music), but rather gentle in its story. Just soft voiced nuns, a rather nasty aunt and an unhappy mother. And of course (this is a story taking place in a convent) a glorious, supporting Mary.

I always wish for some Doctor Who, but so far only Star Wars and the Matrix have managed to nestle in.

I'm all for exploring OTHER WORKS by Warhorse Composers and/or OTHER WORKS in a similar genre from warhorse pieces. I'd love to see someone use the Vivaldi mandolin concertos and not the 2839498374734873947938743rd Four Seasons program or something by Baroque composers other than Vivaldi and Bach. Why not Telemann or (especially) Arcangelo Corelli? Or (since I just watched it again) the soundtrack to Brideshead Revisited, which is totally Baroque in feel, familiar enough to a large part of the skating audience, and a prime possible example of "everything old is new again."

Not so sure about the d'Artagnan, though who would have thought anyone could be successful with another Bolero after Torvill and Dean? I could see Kolyada doing it justice.

So I totally give your post a big

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Step Sequence4 View Post

Missed anything?
    La La Land

Medalist

1 Not allowed!
    Cleo Hamon/Denys Strekalin, FRA

FS: Notre Dame de Paris (the musical), choreo by Fabian Bourzat - chosen before the fire, it should be noted.

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Harriet View Post
    Cleo Hamon/Denys Strekalin, FRA

FS: Notre Dame de Paris (the musical), choreo by Fabian Bourzat - chosen before the fire, it should be noted.
    Thanks fo the news, this theme "Notre Dame de Paris" it's not original choice. This is already often use... it's an unfashionable music...i'm disappointed however i like this pair because theyt incarnate the future of pairs in France. I prefer their choice when they skated with Mehdi Bouzzine.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ladyjane View Post

Would anyone dare to include d'Artagnan again? Phillippe's programme in 1998 is iconic, so it might be difficult to surpass. I can see Yuzu doing it because his style is so totally different. And of course technically far ahead.
    i wish somebody could scate on Vissi d'arte instead of E lucean le stelle; about d'Artagnan we had one this season in juniors, it was fun.

Quote Originally Posted by WeakAnkles View Post
    I'm all for exploring OTHER WORKS by Warhorse Composers and/or OTHER WORKS in a similar genre from warhorse pieces. I'd love to see someone use the Vivaldi mandolin concertos and not the 2839498374734873947938743rd Four Seasons program or something by Baroque composers other than Vivaldi and Bach. Why not Telemann or (especially) Arcangelo Corelli? Or (since I just watched it again) the soundtrack to Brideshead Revisited, which is totally Baroque in feel, familiar enough to a large part of the skating audience, and a prime possible example of "everything old is new again."

Not so sure about the d'Artagnan, though who would have thought anyone could be successful with another Bolero after Torvill and Dean? I could see Kolyada doing it justice.

about vivaldi what do you think about Gloria? and staying in baroque era what about some Handel's arias like Verdi prati or Ombra mai fu?

On the Ice

7 Not allowed!
    Serafima Sakhanovich new SP “Megapolis” https://www.instagram.com/p/BweX02EjRfa/

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by GINO View Post
    Serafima Sakhanovich new SP “Megapolis” https://www.instagram.com/p/BweX02EjRfa/
    Not my favorite song but that step sequence looks quite nice

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks for the news; it's a good choice, it's original!

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by WeakAnkles View Post

I would never have thought of that, but it could absolutely work. I love the notion.

I really enjoyed that - looking forward to the full program.

7 Not allowed!
    Christina Carreira & Anthony Ponomarenko

So excited to announce that our freedance this season will be Flamenco themed! We will skate to Farrucas, a live version of Malagueña by Benise, and an assortment of other songs!
    https://twitter.com/AnthonyPono9/sta...73031356497926

On the Ice

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by elektra blue View Post
    or master of the house!
    Todd Eldridge used master of the house for short program (I think) once, and was roundly criticized. Empty chairs would be great, though

5 Not allowed!
    Marin Honda has a new program choreographed by Lori Nichol. Music: La La Land. Still unknown if it is SP or FS
    Source: https://www.instagram.com/p/BwgkEaJH...=1r5aafybv03lb

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Penny View Post
    Todd Eldridge used master of the house for short program (I think) once, and was roundly criticized. Empty chairs would be great, though
    why? because it's the song of a pimp? it has its reasons in its context

Quote Originally Posted by Marius View Post
    Marin Honda has a new program choreographed by Lori Nichol. Music: La La Land. Still unknown if it is SP or FS
    Source: https://www.instagram.com/p/BwgkEaJH...=1r5aafybv03lb
    should we take a sip?

Medalist

2 Not allowed!
    why? because it's the song of a pimp? it has its reasons in its context

should we take a sip?
    Why not!

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar

8 Not allowed!
    Daisuke is keeping last year's FS and is considering some international competition!

Daisuke Takahashi JPN
    FS Pale Green Ghosts" by John Grant (with BBC Philharmonic Orchestra); choreo by Benoit Richaud
    https://translate.google.com/transla...12250025.shtml

I hope this is correct!

Bona Fide Member

1 Not allowed!
    i wish somebody could scate on Vissi d'arte instead of E lucean le stelle; about d'Artagnan we had one this season in juniors, it was fun.

about vivaldi what do you think about Gloria? and staying in baroque era what about some Handel's arias like Verdi prati or Ombra mai fu?
    Admittedly I'm not an opera fan (we all have our Moral Failings ), so I will have to defer to your greater knowledge here.

Bona Fide Member

3 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    Daisuke is keeping last year's FS and is considering some international competition!

Daisuke Takahashi JPN
    FS Pale Green Ghosts" by John Grant (with BBC Philharmonic Orchestra); choreo by Benoit Richaud
    https://translate.google.com/transla...12250025.shtml

I hope this is correct!
    The music mix in that program is FIRST RATE (THAT'S how you mix two very disparate pieces of music into a seamless whole). Admittedly I'm a HUGE fan of John Grant, so I have to bow to Mr Takahashi's inspired choice for a program.

And its step sequence into the spin is to die for.

Page 4 of 57 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454 ... LastLast