2018 Canadian Nationals Senior Men - SP | Page 26 | Golden Skate

2018 Canadian Nationals Senior Men - SP

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yeah that's what I was thinking. And he did that summer comp in Detroit, so it's not like he hasn't done such a thing before.

I don't think any competition is beneath any skater, so long as it's the right fit for that moment in the season.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker

waterblades

On the Ice
I thought Patrick seems much calmer then at Skate Canada and even happier let's not write him off yet.

Absolutely gutted for Liam I loved this program and he was even doing pretty good. I hope he slays it in the long he has nothing to lose now.

Wow Nam has improved a lot still seems slow but so much improvement.

Keegan sure can save a jump love it!

Tomorrow men's event is really going to show who has nerves of steel! Skate Canada is going to have a tough decision to make.

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
Just reading this thread and I don't really think anyone should have expected Patrick to skate an SP at his Worlds 2017 level. Like dude had a meltdown at the end of October. Didn't even skate for a while. That he's back, even if he's falling on quads, is something else. Others in his situation have straight up retired. I know sympathy can be hard to find for Patrick for some of you but at least cut him some slack.

topaz emerald

Match Penalty
Nam did a great job! I hope he is in the lead :) loved his music.. wish he didn't go for a crew cut....

Nam reminds me of someone ,maybe an actor, I just can't figure it out yet, haha.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
I thought Patrick was beautiful with his skating skills and footwork and spins.

Very close battle between the other 4 guys. I'm sort of hoping for Nam or Keegan to go to the Olympics at this point. Keegan has skated good SP's this season.

My heart sang tonight for Eliadj. Just.. I can't tell you how much I like him, guys. My dream would be for him to get on the podium. His interview with Sara O was so touching and moving and showed his heart.

topaz emerald

Match Penalty
God, I'm not sure why Nam didn't blow the roof off with that performance?!?! I know he botched the lutz, but wow, what a performance! I find him amazing! He skates with so much passion and personality, I'm not sure what the commentators are yapping about how he's skating more mature now? pshhhh https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adpz2AGw9XU

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Roman was the only one with 2 quads in the SP tonight. 3rd placed Keegan and 4th placed Elladj had none.

Roman was a surprise to me. That was a completely different skater than I had seen previously this season. I really enjoyed his program.

My sentimental favorite is Liam - I fell in love with his LaLaLand program at a summer comp. I hope he repeats that performance. It had such an easy-going swing and flow.

Nam was better than I have seen him in years, and that is a good sign.

And what about the 13 year old boy throwing out the 4/3 combo? Orser's secret weapon!

auser

Record Breaker
You’ll get worse than the cattle prod if you start with your jinxing antics in the free program. *prepares cannon, muskets, and bow ‘n arrows* We’re kicking it old skool, civil war style! :laugh:
(*Cowers behind couch*) Okay I promise not to watch until after the FS ends so I can't jinx anyone. Well, unless I can't resist ;). But I definitely promise not to jinx by posting no drama/clean skating posts like this https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/s...-Short-Dance&p=1920886&viewfull=1#post1920886 :laugh:

Trillium

Rinkside
Nam did a great job! I hope he is in the lead :) loved his music.. wish he didn't go for a crew cut..

Just reading this thread and I don't really think anyone should have expected Patrick to skate an SP at his Worlds 2017 level. Like dude had a meltdown at the end of October. Didn't even skate for a while. That he's back, even if he's falling on quads, is something else. Others in his situation have straight up retired. I know sympathy can be hard to find for Patrick for some of you but at least cut him some slack.
I could not agree more!

auser

Record Breaker
OH YES.. I just remembered something I wanted to float by you guys..

Since Javi is retiring :cry: Brian will have room. Does anything think Jason Brown to Brian Orser might be a good idea or is it too late? This is probably it's own thread but I wanted feedback on my idea.
Now I remember why I sometimes have trepidation about Olympics(besides the politics and potential difficult emotions of deeply invested fans). It means I have to face the moving on of wonderful skaters :cry:.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Now I remember why I sometimes have trepidation about Olympics(besides the politics and potential difficult emotions of deeply invested fans). It means I have to face the moving on of wonderful skaters :cry:.

Well.. 3 out of 4 national champions (leaders after the short) are going to retire. If Kaetlyn medals at the Olympics and decides to bow out we will have a real changing of the guard here.. especially since Lubov and Dylan and I think W/P are also going. Canadian skating will probably be a little dry as far as medals go for awhile.

auser

Record Breaker
Well.. 3 out of 4 national champions (leaders after the short) are going to retire. If Kaetlyn medals at the Olympics and decides to bow out we will have a real changing of the guard here.. especially since Lubov and Dylan and I think W/P are also going. Canadian skating will probably be a little dry as far as medals go for awhile.
I didn't see Ladies and only parts of Pairs comps today. But from what I saw of Men SP and SD, Canada has some very promising skaters coming :). I do hope Piper and Paul continue :pray:.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
I didn't see Ladies and only parts of Pairs comps today. But from what I saw of Men SP and SD, Canada has some very promising skaters coming :). I do hope Piper and Paul continue :pray:.
I believe they are. They are.. I think 25 each. Poje is 31 and Moir is 30. Dylan is 32 I believe and so are Meagan and Eric.
I do wonder if anyone will stay in for the Worlds in Montreal in 2020. Montreal is the home of Marie-France's group and Bruno Marcotte's group.