2014-15 French Natl 18-21 Dec 2014 | Golden Skate

2014-15 French Natl 18-21 Dec 2014

Mattieu

Medalist
Papadakis & Cizeron are supposed to be here, but given the nearness of the GPF, I wonder whether they will.

They will not have choice, Gailhaguet say be there or no funding.
I can't imagine he not having his star team there.

russell30

Final Flight
oh no... No Yrethe Silete either!! another injury! - time seems to be running out for her!:no:

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Papadakis & Cizeron are supposed to be here, but given the nearness of the GPF, I wonder whether they will.

Funny you should ask that, because that was something I was thinking about with the German and Swiss Championships both being held the same weekend as the GP Final.

What would have happened if, say, Mari Vartmann / Aaron Van Cleave and Annabelle Prölß / Ruben Blommaert had both qualified for the final? (For the purposes of this question, let's assume that Annabelle and Ruben had stayed together).

By not doing Nationals, would these 2 Pairs (who you would naturally expect to be the ones to get the slots) have been passed over for the 2 slots at Europeans? Would Minerva-Fabienne HASE / Nolan SEEGERT have got one of the slots, and the other left unfilled?

There's bound to be some sort of mitigating circumstances clause in the rules to allow for this, but I just wanted to make sure.

Starting soon!

Entries by CaroLiza_Fan :cheer:

Thank you for the cheer! By the way, I have now edited the entry lists in the Predictions thread to include ISU Bio links.

CaroLiza_fan

Mattieu

Medalist
Pairs:

1. Daria POPOVA / Andrei NOVOSELOV

I love it, an all Russian couple. So the FFSG expects other countries to share their skaters, but throws it's toys out of the pram when other countries want to share the skaters of the FFSG

Nirti

Medalist
Daria Popova competed for France with Bruno Massot, and as I've read some months ago, Andrei Novoselov got the release from Russian federation. That was before James/Ciprès were forced to go back to France for training and the Zahorski affair.
But that's strange that Popova/Novoselov didn't compete internationaly for the moment. So they cannot go to the Europeans next month.

Mattieu

Medalist
It is possible that they are guest competitors. Shantel Jordan and Jeremy Barrett once won French nationals in Pairs, despite being American skaters (and not French) invited to compete.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeremy_Barrett_(figure_skater)#With_Jordan

Apparently not, it seems they are planning on competing for France. Which is kinda crazy, an all Russian couple for France when France won't release Zahorsky to Russia.

Yes indeed strange they didn't compete internationally already. Maybe they were not ready.

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Why?

It isn't like she and Guerreiro will ever make it to Europeans, nor has there been a partner for her in France???

It seems pointless.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
I wonder if there is any live streaming planned for the competition. If so, I would want to see some of the top French skaters' performances.

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
The adverts have finally finished and we now have a 5 minute countdown to the Pairs, which starts at 14:30 CET (13:40 GMT)

Not sure whether this is the time of the warm up starting, or the first competitors (Popova / Novoselov) start their SP.

All the best to all the skaters!

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Now we have a clock counting up rather than counting down.

I hope this isn't a livestream showing live timing!

EDIT: The pictures appeared half-way through Popova / Novoselov's routine! And the music is still playing on top, so we can't hear the music that is being skated to!

Thanks a lot!

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Just a quick update to let you know that I posted a comment to the Facebook page letting them know about the music playing over the top of the livestream audio and, right enough, they did fix it... when the sponsor's adverts came on after the Pairs SP was over! :bang:

So, we didn't get to see the Pairs SP properly. :mad:

Hopefully the stream will work as it should for the rest of the day...

CaroLiza_fan