2014-15 Japanese Nationals Ladies FS | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2014-15 Japanese Nationals Ladies FS

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
So according to Kanako's after-skate interview, Kana just implied that she'll return next season much more stronger. Does this mean she's not retiring after this? Let it be true! It's too early for her to quit! (Her POTO programs are just not the best programs lbr)

Oh I also hope Kanako returns for another season though I wonder what her coach Machiko Yamada has to say about that as the latter had expressed surprise that Kanako did not want to retire this season.

Congratulations to the medalists Satoko, Rika, and Wakaba!

juuryokunashi

On the Ice
When will world/4cc/jw teams be announced?

afaik it will be announced tonight after the medal ceremonies.

---

On another note, I'm just really LOLing at how the commentators of FujiTV keep on bringing up the 'Who will be the new Queen' question. :)

Kuan

Final Flight
Very happy with the podium. Just as I wished. Congrats to Satoko, Rika und Wakaba :)

juuryokunashi

On the Ice
More on Kanako saying she'll be back next season.

(It's just a transcribed news of her post-skate interview but hey it's on paper/on the record!)

Hoping for the best for Kanako next year! (I think she really needs to go abroad and get coaching from someone who can correct her jump landings...)

FujiTV's commentator on Rika Hongo: this year's Cinderella Girl (as if Cinderella was a boy...?) ^^;;

chezzu

On the Ice
Rika attacked her StSq and ChSq! And her jumps were so secure. I actually enjoyed her performance! I guess her performance was why she got the PCS boost :3

Lota

Record Breaker
I love Rika's tenacity and energy on the ice. She's really working hard on her problems and you can see her improve more and more with every competition! It's like she got her first taste of winning (in the GP) and being at the top and she wants more :laugh:

Last edited:

juuryokunashi

On the Ice
I love Rika's tenacity and energy on the ice. She's really working hard on her problems and you can see her improve more and more with every competition!

I think she's getting pointers from Akiko, since they're both from Howa. I quite enjoyed this performance too. (The music has a lot to do with it though, but I'm not complaining.)

hurrah

Medalist
Minus Satoko, Japanese ladies jump sooo high.
I have yet to see Satoko, but I am soooo missing Mao and her divine skating.
Rika has an awful neck and sure Wakaba's jumps are great (her 2axel-3 toe!!) but so what. I still miss Mao....

burntBREAD

Medalist
Seems like people still got smacked with UR calls considering the reports/some videos of the skates (like Sakamoto getting barely over 60 in TES despite having very little discernible errors or even URs on replay)...

juuryokunashi

On the Ice
Checking the TES part of the protocols of Kanako and Rika -- Kanako has 5 UR calls and Rika, 4 UR calls and one unclear edge call. Kanako lost points on her singled flip and had 5 elements with -GOEs, and Rika has just one jump with a -GOE.

In fact, scrolling down to all the entries, most of them have been given URs at least once by the technical panel. Looks like they're spendthrift on dishing out UR calls, eh.

Alchamei

Record Breaker
Checking the TES part of the protocols of Kanako and Rika -- Kanako has 5 UR calls and Rika, 4 UR calls and one unclear edge call. Kanako lost points on her singled flip and had 5 elements with -GOEs, and Rika has just one jump with a -GOE.

In fact, scrolling down to all the entries, most of them have been given URs at least once by the technical panel. Looks like they're spendthrift on dishing out UR calls, eh.

:shocked: :rolleye: What about Satoko?