2014-2015 GPF Gala | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2014-2015 GPF Gala

Oreo

On the Ice
What??!!!! I was under the impression that julia performed because Porgo was injured or because of some other extenuating circumstance. :jaw:

Didn't know it was out of someone's whimsical choice other than that of the skater. :confused:

There's not enough information here to know why. Who knows what's been going on behind the scenes. Maybe she was too sick the day before (she certainly looked it) and the organizers said she couldn't skate. Maybe there was some bad behavior and accusations going on behind the scenes from either she or her coach because she didn't skate well, and then it's: "I've been snubbed!" (Wild conjecture here) Nobody knows. I wouldn't be so quick to pass judgement on either her team or the organizers.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Just seen Liza's exhibition routine.

Somebody give me something to bring my heart rate down. It's going 15 to the dozen!!! :eek:

You know, I always though Liza suited black. But, boys does she suit red as well!!! :love:

Good to see she has taken my advice and put that black dress into retirement. But, that is some dress she has replaced it with!!!

It definitely does her figure more justice than that black dress ever did! :biggrin:

Anybody got a bucket of water to throw around me?

CaroLiza_fan

Noolan

On the Ice
There's not enough information here to know why. Who knows what's been going on behind the scenes. Maybe she was too sick the day before (she certainly looked it) and the organizers said she couldn't skate. Maybe there was some bad behavior and accusations going on behind the scenes from either she or her coach because she didn't skate well, and then it's: "I've been snubbed!" (Wild conjecture here) Nobody knows. I wouldn't be so quick to pass judgement on either her team or the organizers.
Absolute Skating wrote on Facebook "We saw her today, she was perfectly well. Yesterday in the mixed zone she said that after her free skate she just needed some air, no need to worry". They've also said that Pogo told them she was upset that she wasn't selected for Gala. So nope, she's not sick.

chezzu

On the Ice
I know everyone's all hung up over Yuzuvier, and Pogorilaya being snubbed, and Yuzu's pretty EX number, and Liza being beautiful

but dear god Radionova's EX gave me life :rofl: She is so amazing. She is the only one who'd be able to pull that number off.

Ryusa5

Rinkside
I don't want to say this but it's like Javi is introducing his girl to his huge family in Barcelona lol
this is exactly what my roomate said while she was watching the steam with me lol
She even asked if he was proposing to him XD

I feel bad for Anna but I sorta understand why they wanted Yulia.I'm not saying it's fair but it makes sense they picked Yulia,she's more famous and her spins are an attraction.Ideally they would have invited both but they had a limited number of slots available

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
Absolute Skating wrote on Facebook "We saw her today, she was perfectly well. Yesterday in the mixed zone she said that after her free skate she just needed some air, no need to worry". They've also said that Pogo told them she was upset that she wasn't selected for Gala. So nope, she's not sick.

Oh dear. Just read this. So there was a fly in the ointment after all...:(

I just hope Anna takes this "snub" as fuel to do even better. Go Anna!

rollerblade

Record Breaker
You know, I always though Liza suited black. But, boys does she suit red as well!!! :love:

Good to see she has taken my advice and put that black dress into retirement. But, that is some dress she has replaced it with!!!

CaroLiza_fan

Hey, can you convince her to replace all those wizard robe outfits with stuff like her exhibition dress? The red dress is stunning!

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
I love Liza, but the exhibition left me scratching my head. At first it seemed like one of those "just a competitive program" exhibitions, with the jumps and spins and whatnot. Then it became "Ah, some time to practice my axel, since I'm supposed to be bringing 3A back." And then suddenly it became a Javi-esque "acting on ice" skate. It felt like two different programs with an axel break in the middle.

That being said, I'm so thrilled she won that she could've come out, sneezed, and left the ice, and I wouldn't care. And I love the dress!

Lol, I was surprised when I saw the pics. Now can we put the "Liza is trying to cover up her body" rumour to rest?

pitterpatter

On the Ice
:clap: Shoma's EX! I remember this from DOI 2013, it was my first time watching him live and he gave me chills. Delighted that his jump consistency has improved and looking forward to future performances :cheer::agree:

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
just have a time (finally...) to watch some gala programs and I have to confess that Maia and Alex program left me speechless...I never was a huge fan of them and after watching this particular performance (thank God probably) I know why - the s**t created for them by Marina suffocates their AMAZING musicality, creativity and somewhat originality. For several seasons, except one MJ experiment, same crap, same walz/light jazzy themes for them, nothing original, nothing to show off their great abilities...And that makes me sick. And sad. And MAD.

This Coldplay gala program literally opened my eyes and I saw Maia and Alex in different light. Such musicality, choreography created along with the music, not aside like in case of many dance duos, great emotion, connection - amazing effect made without tricks, hops, loud music and big moves. I wish they had gone far away from Marina and expand that direction - more contemporary, "organic", maybe some unusual music or unusual arranges of well-known themes...

lbc2138

On the Ice
Can someone post up the links for the skaters from the Gala? I saw a couple float around but I would like to see the opening number :D

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Can someone post up the links for the skaters from the Gala? I saw a couple float around but I would like to see the opening number :D

And FYI, the ISU channel has non-geoblocked video of everything from the GPF:
- the competition segments
- the opening and victory ceremonies
- the gala​

ETA, update as of Dec 19: Geoblocking now is in effect. :eek:hwell:​

More information is in this thread:

(For better or worse, the archived ISU video is not broken down into individual programs. The amazing video links from Mao88 :bow: are more convenient for going straight to a program from Skaters X or Y or Z.)

Last edited:

meteorlight8

Rinkside
just have a time (finally...) to watch some gala programs and I have to confess that Maia and Alex program left me speechless...I never was a huge fan of them and after watching this particular performance (thank God probably) I know why - the s**t created for them by Marina suffocates their AMAZING musicality, creativity and somewhat originality. For several seasons, except one MJ experiment, same crap, same walz/light jazzy themes for them, nothing original, nothing to show off their great abilities...And that makes me sick. And sad. And MAD.

This Coldplay gala program literally opened my eyes and I saw Maia and Alex in different light. Such musicality, choreography created along with the music, not aside like in case of many dance duos, great emotion, connection - amazing effect made without tricks, hops, loud music and big moves. I wish they had gone far away from Marina and expand that direction - more contemporary, "organic", maybe some unusual music or unusual arranges of well-known themes...

I completely agree with this. I actually like the Shibs' SD a lot this year, but this exhibition beats all their competitive programs imo.