2014 Skate America Men's FS 10/25 | Page 17 | Golden Skate

2014 Skate America Men's FS 10/25

charmblade

Final Flight
Yay Machida!! Love the Beethoven. I'm glad he's going to win. I think that so far I agree with the placements and I'm ok with Jason getting silver, but I don't think he gave a gold-medal worthy performance, in either SP or LP, so I'm glad that he's not getting it. Machida earned this gold medal easily. :clap:

unico

Final Flight
His TES is kind of low? Let's see his PCS

EDIT: WOW 88 PCS! The PCS doesn't seem to have gone down that much from last season, I guess we can expect some people getting close to 100s for 2018 Olympics?? ;)

Wo|flax

Final Flight
Again, Machida is an example who OWNS the quad in this program. Great skate!

IDGI his quads weren't anything special both today and yesterday; unless you just mean doing everything else as well; and of course 100x better than the others here

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
I don't think Tätsuki achieved full flight here (appears a bit injured), but still a great effort. Congratulations to him, Jason, and Nam.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Machida needs a handful of Kleenex for his face after crushing all!!!!

andyjo24

Medalist
It is so strange that Denis is always sick and seems to always bomb GP's and other less important competitions, but when it comes to Worlds or the Olympics, he always does really well. :laugh:

caitie

Medalist
Yay, congrats to the winners.

Re: Jeremy, if he isn't going to FIGHT for those landings and that great performance, why did he come back? He can't wait for that magic moment and just let it happen, he has to fight for it. Machida was great tonight but he fought for a few of those landings, they weren't all perfectly magical jumps where he suddenly won the battle with gravity for four minutes and thirty seconds. Oh, Jeremy. :(

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
IDGI his quads weren't anything special both today and yesterday; unless you just mean doing everything else as well; and of course 100x better than the others here

I think he has nice height. Yeah, the landings weren't quite perfect, but he still got the job done. As I said, there only a few skaters who I feel have the quad truly in their arsenal -- Chan, Hanyu, Fernandez and, of course, Machida.

Last edited:

Icey

Record Breaker
There is a message here, hope some of the competitors and their coaches pick up on it.

Mao88

Record Breaker
MEN'S FREE PROGRAM - VIDEOS & RESULT

1. Tatsuki MACHIDA (JPN) - 269.09 Free Skate
2. Jason BROWN (USA) - 234.17 Free Skate
3. Nam NGUYEN (CAN) - 232.24 Free Skate
4. Denis TEN (KAZ) - 224.74 Free Skate
5. Jeremy ABBOTT (USA) - 219.33 Free Skate
6. Adian PITKEEV (RUS) - 212.07
7. Chafik BESSEGHIER (FRA) - 208.70 Free Skate
8. Douglas RAZZANO (USA) - 204.48 Free Skate
9. Artur GACHINSKI (RUS) - 200.13 Free Skate