2014 Skate America Men's FS 10/25 | Page 25 | Golden Skate

2014 Skate America Men's FS 10/25

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Oops looks like my comment touched a nerve. Sorry. Please allow me to rectify.

Jason brown is indeed a lovely young man with enormous talent and exciting personality, huge fan base ... but he still look like the secret love child of George W Bush (Great well respected US president of 2 terms) and Alison Janney (One of my fav actress since the West wing days- a highly rated great well respected intelligent show).

No offence intended. It is no way a criticism just an observation.

... off for some political correct sensitivity session with my US shrink.

Alba

Record Breaker
Oops looks like my comment touched a nerve. Sorry. Please allow me to rectify.

Jason brown is indeed a lovely young man with enormous talent and exciting personality, huge fan base ... but he still look like the secret love child of George W Bush (Great well respected US president of 2 terms) and Alison Janney (One of my fav actress since the West wing days- a highly rated great well respected intelligent show).

No offence intended. It is no way a criticism just an observation.

... off for some political correct sensitivity session with my US shrink.

:laugh: :thumbsup:

By the way, I love Alison Janney too, and The West Wing.

balletanddancefan

On the Ice
I once said Yulia and her dog looks alike. And you know very well how much I like her, and her dog actually. ;) :biggrin:

I don't think Brown is good looking guy, far from it, but that's just my opinion. For some he could be prince charming.
1) Dogs and owners look alike, one thing is known.
2) I did not say that Jason is the charming prince. I said a handsome young man (apart from being a good skater), now I add, he has very intelligent eyes.
3) OK, Bush was your president, but actually, I being from a distance, in Eurpe, I find no similarity between Bush and Jason ... What would be the resemblance?

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
:laugh: :thumbsup:

By the way, I love Alison Janney too, and The West Wing.

Allison Janney is a striking actress, and also a *skater*. She has said in interviews that she figure skated as a teen, but since she was already 6 feet tall, there was no way she was going to compete. She has skated on a sitcom she was on about two or three years ago, as a smurf.

BTW, I do not see GWB or Allison Janney at all in Jason, but I don't really care. He's a compelling skater and I enjoy his programs. Now if he would skate with Allison Janney (who has about five inches on almost every male singles skater):biggrin:

balletanddancefan

On the Ice
OK., OK. Well imagine that someone writes an Italian skater appears to be the secret love child of Silvio Berlusconi ... or a Russian skater appears to be the secret love child of Putin ... or a German skater looks like the secret love child of Angela Merkel (by the way: this is a politician much more respected than the other two in European Union). I have never heard say things like that. Maybe the customs are different between the two continents.
I'm sorry for mistake.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Allison Janney is a striking actress, and also a *skater*. She has said in interviews that she figure skated as a teen, but since she was already 6 feet tall, there was no way she was going to compete. She has skated on a sitcom she was on about two or three years ago, as a smurf.

BTW, I do not see GWB or Allison Janney at all in Jason, but I don't really care. He's a compelling skater and I enjoy his programs. Now if he would skate with Allison Janney (who has about five inches on almost every male singles skater):biggrin:

Wow I had no idea Janney was a skater, she is an awesome actress.

GWB= Eyes, pupil, nose, ears.
Allison = Long face jawline and build stature, proportion. Anyway, my apologies for any offence I might have caused. I thought it was a just an amusing observation, I will keep it to myself from now on.

Re:Balletanddancefan, well if someone does look like Silvio Berlusconi, Putin, or even the Pope, it will be nice if some one is allowed to be say what is true. (BTW did you just compare George W Bush to Berlusconi and Putin?! Wow, i dare not even go there...lol)

ks777

Record Breaker
OK., OK. Well imagine that someone writes an Italian skater appears to be the secret love child of Silvio Berlusconi ... or a Russian skater appears to be the secret love child of Putin ... or a German skater looks like the secret love child of Angela Merkel (by the way: this is a politician much more respected than the other two in European Union). I have never heard say things like that. Maybe the customs are different between the two continents.
I'm sorry for mistake.

Who cares, if you can't handle other people's opinions on skater's looks, then don't come to a public forum, period. don't be so sensitive.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
On NBC's coverage of the Men when Nam finished and came over to hug Brian he yelled something like "WOW DUDE ......SPICY" at him :rofl:

lavender

Record Breaker
Machida only has one that can compete with him technically and that's Hanyu. Everyone else is gone. Once Chan comes back then it will be 2 but who else is there.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Machida only has one that can compete with him technically and that's Hanyu. Everyone else is gone. Once Chan comes back then it will be 2 but who else is there.
Javi when he's not zayak can even beat Hanyu.

balletanddancefan

On the Ice
Who cares, if you can't handle other people's opinions on skater's looks, then don't come to a public forum, period. don't be so sensitive.

OK, I understand there are vast differences between the European and the American political correctness ... The cultures are different... You, ks777 wich american states live?

Poodlepal

On the Ice
What is the big deal? Jason has high cheekbones like GWB and sort of crinkly eyes. They are not twins, but they look like they could be related.

Jason's new program was good, but Riverdance was great. Tristan and Isolde lacked some uniqueness or something, but if he can skate it clean, he will do well this season, though he won't be in gold contention until he quads.

Jeremy needs to find another hobby or interest. Whether it's his brain or his energy or stamina level, he just can't be consistent.

HanDomi

Record Breaker
Javi when he's not zayak can even beat Hanyu.

For sure it will be very interesting at top of men's field. I believe it depends in big part what Hanyu will deliver, because the layout that he is planning is on insane level :popcorn:

balletanddancefan

On the Ice
What is the big deal? Jason has high cheekbones like GWB and sort of crinkly eyes. They are not twins, but they look like they could be related.

Jason's new program was good, but Riverdance was great. Tristan and Isolde lacked some uniqueness or something, but if he can skate it clean, he will do well this season, though he won't be in gold contention until he quads.

Jeremy needs to find another hobby or interest. Whether it's his brain or his energy or stamina level, he just can't be consistent.
OK T & Isolde is not Riverdance. But: I think it is much more. Riverdance was one entertainment, T & Isolde is theater or film on the ice! But .. there are people who argue that Jason seems to be the secret love child of Bush ... a little 'explanation for the Europeans, please, otherwise we do not understand!

balletanddancefan

On the Ice
I am waiting for your answer! Really! I want to understand the differences between European and American Culture and Political Correctness!

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
"Secret love child" Just means they have features of two people. Same as saying they look like a "cross between" hell it is the same as saying they look like a Photoshop mash up. It is actually a pretty common expression to indicate a person reminds you of two different people to form a blend. Or they look like what you would get if they had a child, or if you mixed their DNA.

You could say someone looks like the secret love child of two people who have been dead for entries and never met or even lived at the same time, it just means they remind you of both people and/or look physically like a mix.

Calling someone secret love child really just means you think they resemble two different random people.

balletanddancefan

On the Ice
"Secret love child" Just means they have features of two people. Same as saying they look like a "cross between" hell it is the same as saying they look like a Photoshop mash up. It is actually a pretty common expression to indicate a person reminds you of two different people to form a blend. Or they look like what you would get if they had a child, or if you mixed their DNA.

You could say someone looks like the secret love child of two people who have been dead for entries and never met or even lived at the same time, it just means they remind you of both people and/or look physically like a mix.

Calling someone secret love child really just means you think they resemble two different random people.
OK, Monkey, I understand, is the fault of my poor English ... but the question remains: which similarity between Bush and Jason?

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
OK, Monkey, I understand, is the fault of my poor English ... but the question remains: which similarity between Bush and Jason?

Well I am not sure I see it. It might be that they both squint a bit when they smile, that would be my best guess.

Different people see people differently. Sometimes you get it, sometimes you don't. And sometimes it is not really explainable or quantifiable, you just for whatever reason see similarities in people. If you don't see what they see, you are not really missing a joke or anything. There is not really something to get, just a different aesthetic interpretation.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Not sure where to post this, but I love Jeremy's gala.

2 words that sums entire Skate America 2014 for me.

Jeremy. Pants.

I'll just leave it to that.