2015-16 Grand Prix Final Tickets Barcelona | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2015-16 Grand Prix Final Tickets Barcelona

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
I suspect I was not the only one to have problems making payments, and furthermore the seats I tried to buy took a very long time to become available again, after the transaction failed.

eg. I saw some seats I tried to buy unsuccessfully... weren't released for sale again for about 1.5 hours

So, depending on how widespread the problems are, that I had with payment... the seats that are suddenly (re)appearing may actually be less "conspiracy", and more technical problems and IT ineptitude...!

PatricksGaze

On the Ice
Oh my god, this time the whole thing's gone crazy. I got a ticket in 13 boka because everything seemed sold out at first and now I'm so angry. I've been fooled :drama: deep sympathy for other "victims of teh system".
Guys, has anyone had an experience of sitting in that part of the arena? Is it actually possible to see anything well from there? Maybe this corner is actually a not-so-bad position for a viewer.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
For those curious where they sit, how the view might be, it might be worth checking out the videos from last year's GP. I just looked up the general area of my seats by watching a Yuzuru Hanyu video, the LP, I think. :laugh:

Lys

Match Penalty
I admit I'm a bit disappointed myself :p
I wished for Boca 2 tickets, they seemed to be all sold out, and I picked what seemed to be the best seat still available in boca 12 and in the upper half; so to see that NOW I could get the seat I wanted in Boca 2 *grrrr*
But still, it's going to be my first live event, people there last year said the view is good from every side and corner, and the line-up should be great, so... I guess I will get over my disappointment soon. But still, those tickets in Boca 2 still up *grrrrr*

PatricksGaze

On the Ice
I admit I'm a bit disappointed myself :p
I wished for Boca 2 tickets, they seemed to be all sold out, and I picked what seemed to be the best seat still available in boca 12 and in the upper half; so to see that NOW I could get the seat I wanted in Boca 2 *grrrr*
But still, it's going to be my first live event, people there last year said the view is good from every side and corner, and the line-up should be great, so... I guess I will get over my disappointment soon. But still, those tickets in Boca 2 still up *grrrrr*

I definitely know that feeling!:laugh: A lot of us've suffered here together at some point. At least it's closer to the center and view is going to be pretty good :agree:

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Okay, feeling stupid, but I have this image in my mind about a schedule that listed the days (and times) of the practice sessions. I cannot figure out where I saw it, though (or maybe I dreamed it). Anyone?

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
Okay, feeling stupid, but I have this image in my mind about a schedule that listed the days (and times) of the practice sessions. I cannot figure out where I saw it, though (or maybe I dreamed it). Anyone?

I remember last season there was a schedule with practice times. This year I didn't see this kind of schedule.

Caroskate

Spectator
Sorry...no practice session times there

Winnie_20....go to the gpfbarcelona homepage and drop down first menu on the left. Go to" Calendari i Resultats"

sorry Winnie_20...thought I had seen it there

Last edited:

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
I remember last season there was a schedule with practice times. This year I didn't see this kind of schedule.
Ugh, okay, guess I am stupid. It's on the same picture that lists all the ticket prices.
Although, now that I look at that picture... I cannot make head or tails of it. It's almost as if one column is double, and some of the numbers shifted to the left.
I mean, it doesn't list times or anything, but at least it lists the days. Supposedly. It's a bit weird. So is it Wednesday through Saturday?

Never mind. I am officially not smart. I could just look at the ticket and see that it's Wednesday 9 through Saturday 12. :hopelessness::hopelessness:

Last edited:

Snow63

Record Breaker
Ugh, okay, guess I am stupid. It's on the same picture that lists all the ticket prices.
Although, now that I look at that picture... I cannot make head or tails of it. It's almost as if one column is double, and some of the numbers shifted to the left.
I mean, it doesn't list times or anything, but at least it lists the days. Supposedly. It's a bit weird. So is it Wednesday through Saturday?

It's weird. First practice session is on Wednesday. So that means I'm not going. Probably will be only juniors anyway.

Never mind. I am officially not smart. I could just look at the ticket and see that it's Wednesday 9 through Saturday 12. :hopelessness::hopelessness:

:laugh: You're funny. And you're definitely not stupid :)

Last edited:

Snow63

Record Breaker
Probably also seniors, considering some of the seniors are already skating on Thursday.

You're right. Thank God it's only pairs and Men :) Don't want to miss dancers practice session.

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Perhaps you are thinking of the "Time and Practice Schedule" PDF's, that you can download from the ISU event pages?

For example take a look at the one for JGP Bratislava, the link is on this page:
http://www.isuresults.com/events/fsevent00051630.htm
The time blocks in solid colour are practice sessions.
The blocks with coloured bands top and bottom, and white in between, are the competitions.

These PDF's don't usually get published til closer to the start of the competition though...

Last edited:

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Perhaps you are thinking of the "Time and Practice Schedule" PDF's, that you can download from the ISU event pages?
Thanks, but alas, it was just the events ticket prices 'schedule' that I was thinking of. Which was a crappy picture, anyway. But the training session ticket itself says the correct dates, so problem solved. The training sessions are probably every morning again.

Caustica

Final Flight
Thanks, but alas, it was just the events ticket prices 'schedule' that I was thinking of. Which was a crappy picture, anyway. But the training session ticket itself says the correct dates, so problem solved. The training sessions are probably every morning again.

Hey, so on the training session ticket, does it say what time the practices are? I was just wondering if there would be practices on Wednesday afternoon since there are no competitions then.

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Hey, so on the training session ticket, does it say what time the practices are? I was just wondering if there would be practices on Wednesday afternoon since there are no competitions then.
I don't think that information is available yet?
The tickets for practice sessions only show the dates and times for the competitions.

We already know the (competition) schedules are a bit different this year... but you might get a rough idea of practices from last year's "Time and Practice schedule" which is still downloadable from http://www.isuresults.com/events/fsevent00051562.htm

eg. Last year on Wednesday, there was practice for Juniors (one session for each discipline) between 9:00 and 13:00, then the same for Seniors (all disciplines) 13:00 til about 17:00.

Last edited:

Caustica

Final Flight
I don't think that information is available yet?
The tickets for practice sessions only show the dates and times for the competitions.

We already know the (competition) schedules are a bit different this year... but you might get a rough idea of practices from last year's "Time and Practice schedule" which is still downloadable from http://www.isuresults.com/events/fsevent00051562.htm

eg. Last year on Wednesday, there was practice for Juniors (one session for each discipline) between 9:00 and 13:00, then the same for Seniors (all disciplines) 13:00 til about 17:00.

Ah I see! I remember the practice tickets were a bit weird last year: they didn't let you see ALL the practices. For example, on Friday, you could only see the practices of senior pairs and ladies - no men or dance. I hope that will change this year!

jtpc

Rinkside
Had the same experience buying tickets as a few others. Was online at the start of sales and got an error message with the first set of tickets I'd selected. When I went back to try again, the seats I'd selected before were still showing as being unavailable to choose. I bought the row behind what I had originally planned, so no big deal. But, my original seats stayed unavailable for close to an hour. After about an hour and a half, sections 1, 2, 3, 4, 10, 11 and 12 were all showing that they were sold out. I'm guessing that's part of what happened. Tickets didn't seem to get freed up from orders that didn't go through (even after the cart time would have expired). Seeing other posts in this thread and going back to check the ticket site now, I'm surprised to see so many tickets available in all sections. Now it almost looks like they hardly sold any, when it appeared earlier that it might sell out on opening day.

lauravvv

Medalist
Country
Latvia
I really wonder if there will be any tickets left at all when they start selling tickets for separate sessions. Probably just a small number of the worst ones. And I really can't go to all sessions and competitions. No matter that me and my mother can't actually afford the season pass tickets, we are travelling to Barcelona to also see the city itself and to attend some museums. My mother won't go to Barcelona just for figure skating, and it's not like I want to just sit at competitions while she is seeing the city either. And we can't cancel the trip anymore, as plain tickets are bought and the hotel is booked. It looks like we might end up going to Barcelona just for the city itself, and my joy about being in that wonderful city will be spoiled by almost constantly thinking about the competitions that are going on at the same time, and which I won't be able neither to attend, nor see on TV/live stream like I usually do. Because, even if there will be some of the cheaper tickets left, I am not going to see the GP Final live just to sit in places with bad visibility - I'd rather see it on TV then. Or if I can't see well, I will just look up the results as fast as I can, and then view videos on YouTube.

Please forgive my whining - I just couldn't keep it to myself.

Last edited:

Saralala

Rinkside
I really wonder if there will be any tickets left at all when they start selling tickets for separate sessions. Probably just a small number of the worst ones. And I really can't go to all sessions and competitions. No matter that me and my mother can't actually afford the season pass tickets, we are travelling to Barcelona to also see the city itself and to attend some museums. My mother won't go to Barcelona just for figure skating, and it's not like I want to just sit at competitions while she is seeing the city either. And we can't cancel the trip anymore, as plain tickets are bought and the hotel is booked. It looks like we might end up going to Barcelona just for the city itself, and my joy about being in that wonderful city will be spoiled by almost constantly thinking about the competitions that are going on at the same time, and which I won't be able neither to attend, nor see on TV/live stream like I usually do. Because, even if there will be some of the cheaper tickets left, I am not going to see the GP Final live just to sit in places with bad visibility - I'd rather see it on TV then.

Please forgive my whining - I just couldn't keep it to myself.

I'm really sorry to hear you like this. I've also have friends who are waiting for individual day tickets to be available. I would tell you not to be hopeless, as for now there is a big handful of seats available in bocas 2, 3, 4, 10, 11, 12 which are actually very god seats. They are not golden I admit, but silver are also very good as people are saying, the venue isn't big and you will have good visibility even seated at the farest row. I hope you get your tickets ;)
And if you can't get them (which I hope not), you can at least come to the official hotel and meet the skaters (I know it's not the same nor the point of going to Barcelona, but that would be more than anything at all).
Cheer up! :)