2015 Coupe de Nice 14th-18th Oct | Page 20 | Golden Skate

2015 Coupe de Nice 14th-18th Oct

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I don't know what to say about Tuktamysheverus.

Loved the routine itself, and think it has potential. But, I wasn't keen on everything else about the programme.

Firstly, the music. It started and finished with a piece that I absolutely love. But, they went and stuck some opera in the middle of it!!! :eek:

I HATE opera!!!

(Well, I don't mind male opera singers. It is the female opera singers that I can't stand.)

This opera bit just spoiled the whole programme for me. To the extent that I don't think I will ever like this FS programme.

As for the dress, it was lovely (a lot of people don't like Liza wearing black, but I do. I think black does really suit her). BUT, it could have done with being shorter. It was more like an Ice Dance dress, and it swirling about just did not look right for a Singles Skating routine.

Don't take this the wrong way. I still love Liza and will continue to support her!

But, I just can't love this FS programme.

Sorry.

CaroLiza_fan

tulosai

Record Breaker
PCS lower than Liza's? After that spirited performance, I did not expect that. :confused:

Yes it is unfortunate. I do think Leonova's programs are not as impacted by mistakes as Liza's are since the music choice allows Leonova to really sell the program anyway if that makes sense. I am not really surprised though by the placements.

LisaM

Medalist
Firstly, the music. It started and finished with a piece that I absolutely love. But, they went and stuck some opera in the middle of it!!! :eek:

I HATE opera!!!

Not just some opera, that was Solveig's song which is also from Peer Gynt! So though it may seem out of place, it wasn't! Though I understand if it's not your cup of tea.
I haven't seen the program this time but I believe that Liza will bounce back soon enough :) Was she ill, as if seen someone point out? In that case, it'll be fine for sure. :)

tulosai

Record Breaker
Not just some opera, that was Solveig's song which is also from Peer Gynt! So though it may seem out of place, it wasn't! Though I understand if it's not your cup of tea.
I haven't seen the program this time but I believe that Liza will bounce back soon enough :) Was she ill, as if seen someone point out? In that case, it'll be fine for sure. :)

We don't know for sure if she was ill but something seemed off, especially in the short. At a minimum she looks really tired. It could just be that she had a few off days though- no one is perfect all the time, and this is a good time for that to happen to her if so.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Anna Marie PEARCE / Mark MAGYAR (HUN)

Music: My Way; Fly Me to the Moon

Red dress / white shirt, black pants

2Tw
3FTh - fall
3S+COMBO - she fell, he did 3S+2T
1A - she did 2A, he singled
FCCoSp3p - unison on/off
BoDs
5RLi
ChSq
1STh - stepout
PCoSp3p
5ALi
4Li

FS: 35.16+31.52-1.00 = 65.68, 98.74, 1/1

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland

Ah, thanks. I didn't realise that. I suppose it's inclusion is appropriate then.

Still doesn't mean I have to like it, though! ;) :biggrin:

That's my quota of skating for today. It's Superbike Sunday on Eurosport 2! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Ioulia CHTCHETININA / Noah SCHERER (SUI)

Music: James Bond; Skyfall

Black strapless dress / white shirt, black pants, bowtie

2Tw - hard landing
2Lz+2T
3T - she twofoot/hand down, maybe <
3Li
CCoSp3p - unison off
3FTh - twofoot
5ALi - simple
ChSq
BiDs
4Li
3STh - twofoot
PCoSp3p

FS: 40.52+34.16 = 74.68, 111.78, 1/2

Last edited:

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Minerva-Fabienne HASE / Nolan SEEGERT (GER)

Music: Dance of the Knights (from "Romeo and Juliet") by Sergei Prokofiev
Romeo and Juliet (soundtrack) by Nino Rota

Pale orange/peach costumes

2Tw
3LoTh
3S
FCCoSp3p - unison on/off
5SLi
ChSq
2A+COMBO - she forwardh, he did 2A+2T
5SLi
FiDs
3Li* - aborted after take-off
3STh
PCoSp3p

FS: 41.12+34.72 = 75.84, 118.62, 1/3

Last edited:

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Camille MENDOZA / Pavel KOVALEV (FRA)

Music: To Build A Home by The Cinematic Orchestra

Light blue costumes

3T+COMBO - she did 3T+2T, he fell
2Tw
3S - she fell
3LoTh - ok, bit low landing
5BLi
CCoSp3p - unison on/off
ChSq
3STh - hand/foot down
5ALi
FiDs
PCoSp3p
3Li

FS: 44.82+37.76-2.00 = 80.58, 127.00, 1/4

Last edited:

tulosai

Record Breaker
I actually think this French couple has great potential! Some very nice moments in there and I love their music and choreo! Not so sure about her costume though...

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Miriam ZIEGLER / Severin KIEFER (AUT)

Music: Moulin Rouge

Red strap dress / white shirt, black vest and pats

1Lz - she singled, he did 3Lz
3Tw - bit low catch
3T+2T+2T
FiDs
3FTh - fall
5BLi
FCCoSp3p - unison on/off
ChSq
5ALi
PCoSp3p
3STh
3Li

Some mistakes, but good energy

FS: 50.20+44.32-1.00 = 93.52, 141.02, 1/5

Last edited:

tulosai

Record Breaker
I really like Z/K but the program really has to be cleaner than that to be truly effective I think.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Mari VARTMANN / Ruben BLOMMAERT (GER)

Music: Somewhere (from West Side Story) by Leonard Bernstein

White costumes, dark pink detail

3Tw - arm/shoulder catch
3STh - ok, bit forward
3T+REP - he stepout
5RLi
3LoTh - twofoot, hand down
ChSq
3S - he stepout
FCCoSp3p
5ALi
FiDs
PCoSp3p
3Li

tulosai

Record Breaker
That was really really lovely!!! Too bad that on a day when she really had both her jumps he was the one to struggle, but I thought it was totally beautiful regardless :) :love:

mustafakent

On the Ice
It is unbelievable how Liza earned positive GOEs for her first 2A, lutz combo and 3T+3T.Same for Alena, she earned +.28 for her 3T+3T.Sometimes I feel like judges don't even watch carefully and just distribute GOEs all around.