3S+COMBO - fall, maybe <
2A
StSq
LSp

SP: 19.16+18.03-1.00 = 36.19 (PB), 17/27

Last edited:

nadster

Final Flight
So why wasn't Kim given 2 JGP spots so she could get more experience and build on each outing? It is nice that she probably will be skating in the final group but with so little experience it really may put her off in the long.

That is what happens when you only have 4 slots. It is equally important to get as many ladies on the circuit as possible so that you don't have the situation where you can't send your best skater to JW simply because they weren't sent to an international.

Also Kim did not skate well at junior nationals in January and the summer competitions usually happen after the entry deadline for the first couple of JGPs at least. So by the time she impressed in Quebec the first few slots were already filled.

With that few slots, you don't give anybody 2 unless they have an excellent chance of making the JGPF. Which is hard given how the Russia and Japan in particular seem to produce skaters with triple-triples so easily.

Last edited:

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Sara CASELLA (ITA)

Music: My Immortal by Evanescence

Black long-sleeve dress, pink skirt

3Lz+2T - ok, forward on lutz
3F - ok, bit forward
LSp
StSq
2A - ok, hangs on
FSSp
CCoSp3p

29.18+21.37 = 50.55 (PB), 7/28

Last edited:

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Patricia SKOPANCIC (CRO)

Music: Lastock by Dimitrij Masljukov

Neon yellow dress, pink details

2Lo+2T
2A<< - twofoot, fall
FSSp
StSq
LSp
2F - stepout
CCoSp3p

SP: 10.66+12.38-1.00 = 22.04, 29/29

Last edited:

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Nina LETENAYOVA (SVK)

Musik: Don't Panic perfomed by Molotov Jukebox

Black one-shoulder dress, long gloves, red rose in hair

3S+COMBO - fall, maybe <
2A - fall
FSSp
StSq
2F
CCoSp3p
LSp

SP: 16.40+17.01-2.00 = 31.41, 19/30

Last edited:

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
Marin is by far the best here. Such a promising skater - a good match to Alisa. Even though she popped the flip she should not have been so far behind Wakaba with 2T, clear outside edge on flip, and uninspiring spins. Wakaba seems even weaker than the last season. Pervushkina is nothing special too. At least she did hit all her jumps. A very dissappointing competition. Now that Marin is quite secure to be the 4th we shall see if she is willing to do her best during LP.

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Here are the placements after the SP. I think the top three will be on the podium unless one has a meltdown, the order may change though. Nice to see 2 US ladies in the Top 10 but overall, the US has been a disappointment on the JGP, even with Vivian Le's two bronze medals.

1 Wakaba HIGUCHI JPN 60.77
2 Diana PERVUSHKINA RUS 60.52
3 Marin HONDA JPN 57.92
4 Ivett TOTH HUN 53.39
5 Kim DECELLES CAN 52.27
6 Ji Hyun BYUN KOR 50.69
7 Sara CASELLA ITA 50.55
8 Paige RYDBERG USA 46.93
9 Matilda ALGOTSSON SWE 45.73
10 Sarah NUNEZ USA 44.22
11 Michaela-Lucie HANZLIKOVA CZE 42.79
12 Maria-Katharina HERCEG GER 42.74
13 Lara ROTH AUT 39.90
14 Karoliina LUHTONEN FIN 39.20
15 Elif ERDEM TUR 37.67
16 Amanda STAN ROU 36.91
17 Teodora MARKOVA BUL 36.60
18 Minglu ZHAO CHN 36.19
19 Nina LETENAYOVA SVK 31.41
20 Elizabete JUBKANE LAT 31.13
21 Marusa UDRIH SLO 30.48
22 Alina SYDYKOVA KAZ 29.41
23 Christina Lillian BAKER CRO 27.93
24 Phoebe WANG SIN 27.20
25 Thita LAMSAM THA 26.33
26 Brooke TAMEPO NZL 24.96
27 Mihaela STIMAC ROJTINIC CRO 24.24
28 Amelia Scarlett JACKSON AUS 23.46
29 Zona APOSTOLOVIC SRB 22.43
30 Patricia SKOPANCIC CRO 22.04

Leonardo

Final Flight
Wakaba's artistic performance is looking so weird. Sometimes she looks very into her program, sometimes she looks tired, sometimes she looks bored. Something is wrong with her this season. Maybe some injury or pain or she doesn't feel comfortable with her program.

Last edited:

MIM

Medalist
Wakaba's artistic performance is looking so weird. Sometimes she looks very into her program, sometimes she looks tired, sometimes she looks bored. Something is wrong with her this season. Maybe some injury or pain or she doesn't feel comfortable with her program.

Wakaba was really impressive to me!:dance: Yes, there are some little parts of choreo she committed less (i.e. right before camel/illusion spin), but overall I like her even better than I did last season. She got nice, big, strong movements to the music. Love her!:biggrin: And I was happy to see her layback. It was gorgeous. Each position has different speed,; quick and slow(relatively) just like the music does.

Lipea

Final Flight
So Serafima would have been third here after SP if she had the same score as in Logrono. However, the judging is not as generous here as it was in Logrono. Although, there was not a single clean skate (by clean I mean having clean without doubles and URs).
Oh, there was actually Ivett!!! Why the heck did she get such a low score then??????? :mad:

Last edited:

yyyskate

Record Breaker
Wakaba was really impressive to me!:dance: Yes, there are some little parts of choreo she committed less (i.e. right before camel/illusion spin), but overall I like her even better than I did last season. She got nice, big, strong movements to the music. Love her!:biggrin: And I was happy to see her layback. It was gorgeous. Each position has different speed,; quick and slow(relatively) just like the music does.

I agree.:eek:::yes::agree:

nikros

Rinkside
Marin is a great performer, I like her. But I am disappointed after her only 2F. Wakaba is also good, but I don't think that a skater with only 3+2 cascade deserves the final.
Diana is not such a good performer, but she is only one who fights to win.

Last edited:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Welcome to GS Nikros....I see its your first post. As we say here....post often and post long :yay: :cheer:

I didn't see any of today's skating action but I love a skater who puts up a fight. That would be how I would have described Wakaba last season. This season has been a struggle but maybe she'll come out swinging in the FS.

Perdita

Final Flight
Welcome, Nikros! :yay:
I understand what you mean but I would like to give credit to Wakaba for trying out 3Lz+3T in the second half. To me, it shows that she is putting up a fight!

That being said, it seems that Sima and Wakaba are both struggling with the new ambitious layout for SP, let alone puberty. I am not a fan of this layout artistry wise, but strategically, as long as they are trying to win WJ, I understand that they have no choice but to do it (unless they make some sort of treaty not to do this :rolleye:).
The first half of this season is going to be difficult for both anyways. I just hope that no matter Wakaba would make it to the final or not, this struggle will benefit her in near future!

I kinda have a feeling that Wakaba will pull this off tomorrow though!

mirai4life

1Lo <
Record Breaker
Marin is a great performer, I like her. But I am disappointed after her only 2F. Wakaba is also good, but I don't think that a skater with only 3+2 cascade deserves the final.
Diana is not such a good performer, but she is only one who fights to win.

it will take a good skate for her to win tomorrow and if she pulls it off then she totally deserves it.
We've seen her pull two 3-3 in the last LP including 3LZ-3LO. Her talent is crazy.

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
Marin was superb :love:
Please win the LP!
Diana was OK
not that big a fan of her but lol her hairstyle reminds me of Alisa SP so I approve:biggrin:
Wakaba does nothing for me :hopelessness:

Last edited:

Kittosuni

Medalist
The problem with Wakaba is that she doesnt commit/stay in character to the whole program. Her routine is very sectional. Some parts look good and some looks dead.