2015 Europeans Short Dance Jan 28 | Page 34 | Golden Skate

2015 Europeans Short Dance Jan 28

QuadThrow

Medalist
Ha ha, funny joke!

not at all

it is a special interpretion. it is a late and hot night and the spanish man takes his wife and they start an intensive dance.

i would like to see more unconventional routines in all disciplines of figure skating, but not many skaters have enough brave to try it.

elif

Medalist
Capellini had to work on paso doble pattern very very much. OK even If we count this as a mistake today, when they skate in COC and nationals her free leg looked sloppy and untidy. Paso doble is easy pattern and it is about body control+precise footwork. They should skate sharper. Usually thier pattern dances was good. For example 2009 Europeans most peoples thought their Finnstep is best. I don't understand paso doble problems now.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
not at all

it is a special interpretion. it is a late and hot night and the spanish man takes his wife and they start an intensive dance.

i would like to see more unconventional routines in all disciplines of figure skating, but not many skaters have enough brave to try it.

I totally agree with a major caveat. Testa and Csolley last year did a FD to The Addams Family. A kind of character dance. And it certainly had plenty of character. I LOVED it. It was quirky and offbeat and fun fun fun. This year, they're doing a circus-themed FD. I've seen it, I believe, twice so far. And it's just a little TOO offbeat and quirky, to the point that it almost heads into gimmick territory. Unconventional is great, but it still has to be grounded in some way. Otherwise, you run the risk of confusing "offbeat" and "innovative" with "just plain weird."

YMMV of course.

elif

Medalist
Ilinykh/Zhiganshin loses so much GOE on lift. They should change to rotational lift or something other. Even Stepanova/Bukin's rushed lift got 1.20. They only got 0.77.:think:

MsLiinaLii

Final Flight
Ilinykh/Zhiganshin loses so much GOE on lift. They should change to rotational lift or something other. Even Stepanova/Bukin's rushed lift got 1.20. They only got 0.77.:think:
It is their first season, they will eventually know what workds best for them.
I would rather see them improving levels now and focusing on it(which they have done brilliantly)

lmarie086

Medalist
Chiming in with my love for the Shibs' SD; one of my absolute favorites of the season. They are not my favorite team but it's been enraging to see them not score as highly with it as they should be. Thought they should have won the SD at Nationals (was not as surprised by point gap for FD, since that is a weak dance and has hurt them all season).

Thanks to all for the pbp! Can't wait to see videos - sounds like there are a few new teams for me to become a fan of!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Glad to see the Shibs get some love. :love:

Anyway, sounds like it was a great competition. I look forward to checking it out later!

fleeting

Queen Anissina
Medalist
The real question is how C/L got two 9.00s for both performance and choreography... :sarcasm:

Lipea

Final Flight
On another note, I wasn't alone in feeling like the music was quiet... :laugh:

Elena Ilinykh, on the volume of the music: Very quiet! I wanted to shout, "Louder!", But I did not know how to say it in Swedish. I thought that would not understand.
from here (x)

She is not the only person who complained on that. I guess they placed monitors somehow that the skaters themselves hear the music from far out. Maybe they will fix it tomorrow.

bramweld

Record Breaker
And better SS. :slink:

Absolute nonsense. As for the Shibs people need to start giving them their due. They have a smashing SD. It is telling that their TES have been so low, however their marks for PCS need to go up!! The time Margaglio spends talking smack about Ruslan he should be figuring out how to do his job better in Detroit. Are you blind, Nikita cannot paso. He couldn't paso if his life depended on it. He is a waltz type of guy, period. :rolleye: Anyways I digress, really happy for I/Z. Please bring it in the FD, pretty please :dance::cheer2: