On the Ice
Warm-up Group 2
6 Loicia DEMOUGEOT / Theo LE MERCIER FRA
7 Diana DAVIS / Gleb SMOLKIN GEO
8 Katerina MRAZKOVA / Daniel MRAZEK CZE
9 Olivia SMART / Tim DIECK ESP
10 Hannah LIM / Ye QUAN KOR
Ø8
I still don't understand what Thus Spake Zarathustra has got to do with Elvis and I can't say I like the program but Olivia Smart is great

Oof spin mistake
At Elvis concerts in later years they would PlayStation music as an intro to h
Yes--"Also sprach Zarathustra" was the song Elvis played when he first took the stage at concerts.

If tends to confuse people when skaters reference this (I'm thinking specifically about Coomes and Buckland's Elvis Cirque du Soleil program--and yes, that really existed--I'm on a double does of Prevagen today).

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
And both of them are wearing flower crowns.:clap:

I am sure from number one fan Beatrice @NoNameFace . The crowns are gorgeous!
Catching up on everything after HECTIC day yesterday for Wreath Couture galore :laugh:
Thank you - those crowns received the lot of attention so far. I've poured all my love into them, thought about P² painting each flower. I've debated whether maybe go into more pale palette, but looking at photos I'm glad I used those lilac/violets to break up pinks.
Screenshot_20240323-171402_Chrome.jpg

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Catching up on everything after HECTIC day yesterday for Wreath Couture galore :laugh:
Thank you - those crowns received the lot of attention so far. I've poured all my love into them, thought about P² painting each flower. I've debated whether maybe go into more pale palette, but looking at photos I'm glad I used those lilac/violets to break up pinks.
View attachment 7791
Crowns were fantastic! Just wish you had one for Shaidorov!

rain

Record Breaker
View attachment 7791
Your crown for Carolane Soucisse was spectacular as well.

rain

Record Breaker
And, gosh, I am here for Mrazkova/Mrazek to continue to climb. They are my favorite team, and I was glad they nearly beat Davis Smokin who outscored them heavily at the start of the season. I hope to see them advance next year into top 10.
Watching the two teams back to back, and both doing Swan Lake, no less, was very instructive. At least the better team of the two won the FD.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Your crown for Carolane Soucisse was spectacular as well.
A funny tidbit related to making that crown was that usually when I buy pearl/metallic crepe paper, the green roll is that light shade I don't use often, so I leave it out. Now keeping those green rolls paid off as the shade matched perfectly with Carolane gorgeous dress.
20240319_225153.jpg

Diana Delafield

Frequent flyer
Medalist
Country
Canada
A funny tidbit related to making that crown was that usually when I buy pearl/metallic crepe paper, the green roll is that light shade I don't use often, so I leave it out. Now keeping those green rolls paid off as the shade matched perfectly with Carolane gorgeous dress.
View attachment 7792
It was one of the prettiest dresses in the competition, and your crown was perfect for it.

Diana Delafield

Frequent flyer
Medalist
Country
Canada
:ot: Since we have been talking about older skaters, does anyone know who is the oldest male to win a figure skating World Championship? They keep telling us Deanna is the oldest female, which seems to imply there is an older male, but I couldn't discover by googling who that is.
Just by accident in another thread I saw @SubRosa supplied the answer to this: Walter Jakobsson, a Finnish pairs skater with his wife Ludowika. He was born in 1882. They won Olympic gold in 1920 when he was 38, and the last of their world titles in 1923 when he was 41.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
@NoNameFace I loved all your crowns as usual but especially loved the one you gave to Christina Carreira after the FD yesterday.
:), glad the crowns are getting love!
Christina's was also one of my/my 'consultants' favourites, I've tried to blend cream with bold edges painted, pearly and plain pale pinks plus that wine red crepe paper that gives me headaches because it is THIN and tears easily. But cannot find this color in more solid grammature.
20240318_002937.jpg

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Just by accident in another thread I saw @SubRosa supplied the answer to this: Walter Jakobsson, a Finnish pairs skater with his wife Ludowika. He was born in 1882. They won Olympic gold in 1920 when he was 38, and the last of their world titles in 1923 when he was 41.
That is truly amazing. I know it's also not even vaguely possible in other disciplines, but makes me hopeful for those who will move into shows that we can see them for a fair while longer.

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I did a bit of looking into Walter, and he wasn't actually 41 yet. The Worlds pairs competition was Jan 21, 1923 and he was born on Feb 6, 1982, so he was about 2 weeks short of being 41. Deanna was born June 22, so she is about 3 months short of being 41. So she's close!

Diana Delafield

Frequent flyer
Medalist
Country
Canada
I did a bit of looking into Walter, and he wasn't actually 41 yet. The Worlds pairs competition was Jan 21, 1923 and he was born on Feb 6, 1982, so he was about 2 weeks short of being 41. Deanna was born June 22, so she is about 3 months short of being 41. So she's close!
A squeaker :clap:. (My husband and I were just days apart in age. I was the older one. I avoided riding in a car with him during those days between our birthdays, in case we got in an accident that was reported in the newspaper and our ages would be given. The assumption would then be that I was a year older :drama:.)

So if Deanna continues, and wins again, she'll pull ahead of Walter in the age race :hap10::yahoo:

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Watching the two teams back to back, and both doing Swan Lake, no less, was very instructive. At least the better team of the two won the FD.
It was, and yes, particularly with the same music, and also showing that taking out romantic tension out of interpretation of music doesn't detract from the power of performance in any way. I know that Mrazkova/Mrazek are still struggling with levels, but their impact and power is just wow.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker

Diana Delafield

Frequent flyer
Medalist
Country
Canada
I know it's already almost a week after Worlds, but some social media tidbits/photos or just plain, old screenshots with crowns :)

To those interested and having Twitter access (? not sure how it works now with viewing without having an account), here is thread made with summary of all crown action at Worlds: https://twitter.com/NoNameFace10/status/1772333206051688690?t=86WSaOD1v6KV3rGJm7GUxQ&s=19
View attachment 7803
View attachment 7804

View attachment 7805
View attachment 7806
Skaters will be starting their own private competition to win one of your crowns!

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I uploaded these videos in case anyone wanted the commentary with Asher Hill and Kurt Browning.

CBC TV coverage (1080p):

Fournier Beaudry & Soerensen FD:

Fournier Beaudry & Soerensen Post-FD Interview:

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Last edited: