2015 Four Continents Championships: Predictions Game Round 3 | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2015 Four Continents Championships: Predictions Game Round 3

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
I got a whopping....wait for it..... 35 points in Men! :laugh: That's actually a LOT more than I thought I'd have, I could only remember that I'd probably get 10 points for Denis :biggrin:

Weathergal

Medalist
I'd been enjoying some beginner's luck with the Europeans and Winter Universiade, but with Four Continents...not so much! I don't think I've done too well this time. I have learned a valuable lesson about second guessing myself though. I originally had a hunch about Polina Edmunds and put her in second but then thought, no that's silly it will be Gracie Gold there so I moved Polina to fourth. Note to self: Don't change original guesses. :unsure: Oh well, lots of fun and looking forward to watching (and predicting!) Worlds.

Besides, having Joshua Farris get the silver even though I totally missed that one and having Polina Edmunds get the gold is awesome, and I'm very happy for both of them! Also very happy for Denis Ten getting the gold--and I really loved his short program!

Last edited:

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
I got a whopping....wait for it..... 35 points in Men! :laugh: That's actually a LOT more than I thought I'd have, I could only remember that I'd probably get 10 points for Denis :biggrin:

Wow, you're probably one of the highest scorers with that!

There's one prediction I'll get points for in men: Joshua. I'm so happy for that I don't care about the rest anyway - plus I'm super happy Hanee proved me wrong :love:

invisiblespiral

Record Breaker
Okay, pairs time!

Gold: snowflake with 75 points! :cheer2:

Silver: gopatrick with 65 points! :party:

Bronze: sunny_stars, Sandpiper, Poice, gallavich, kresslia, cjmorton29, katmari, Debrah, Li'Kitsu, Mangomango, msteach3, guenever, YesWay, amusedstranger, desertskates, lighthouse, coolboogie22, Kuan, sequinsgalore, and demarinis5 with 55 points! :cheer:

(Most common mistake was underestimating P/Z and overestimating S/H....)

Last edited:

GF2445

Record Breaker
Well I think Im pretty much out of contention now. So many surprises here this weekend.
The more comps i watch, the harder it is to predict.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Okay Dance scores are up minus some names that have to be added to the spreadsheet :)

This is definitely more like the predictable happy dance predictions we all know and love!

A whopping 30 people got all 75 possible points! I hope you will all forgive me for not listing your names individually :/ this is pretty much 80% of the people who made predictions!

The mean was around 69.46 and this is actually dragged down by some people who only chose to predict 3 places. The median is 75 :D

guenever

Rinkside
I'm sure none of you are surprised to learn that the men's scores are really low this round! (I personally walked away with only 10 points.)

Congratulations to our medalists inside edges (gold, 50 points), katmari (silver, 45 points), and CaroLiza_Fan (bronze, 40 points) and better luck to everyone else next time!

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
My points from 4CC have disppeared from the scoring spreadsheet ;_;
(Looks like they might have all been shifted up one row)

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
My points from 4CC have disppeared from the scoring spreadsheet ;_;
(Looks like they might have all been shifted up one row)

I'm in the middle of adding new names to the spreadsheet (I took a break to have breakfast). So, that's why the names and scores may be a bit skew-whiff at the moment.

All will be sorted shortly

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
I'm in the middle of adding new names to the spreadsheet (I took a break to have breakfast). So, that's why the names and scores may be a bit skew-whiff at the moment.

All will be sorted shortly

CaroLiza_fan
Aha, that'll be it then. Bon apetit!

As ever, thanks for your hard work, and all the scorers.

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Right, YesWay's post has made me think, and I've realised that if I do make a mistake, I won't be able to spot it as I don't have a backup.

So, although I know what stage I got to, I've decided to restore the previous version so that I can back it up. And then I'll start adding the new names again.

Moral of the stroy - don't do major surgery like this first thing in the morning. And if you do, don't break away from it, even if you are hungry!

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Panic over!

Just wanted to let you know that I've just finished adding the names of the new players who joined the Predictions Game for 4 Continents to the spreadsheet.

At the moment, these new players only have their Ice Dance scores in the spreadsheet, for the simple reason that it was the Ice Dance scorer who sent me the list of names to add! ;)

But, the scores for the other categories will follow suit.

Hopefully I haven't messed up anybody's scores. If I have, please let us know.

CaroLiza_fan

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
Hey everyone, I'm sorry I haven't scored the ladies yet - it's been a pretty busy week because of my work, and I just didn't have the time (or honestly forgot about it a little too). I'll get around to do the scores tomorrow evening. Just wanted to let you know before you'd fear I forgot about it completely. Again, apologies for taking so long!

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
I'm sure none of you are surprised to learn that the men's scores are really low this round! (I personally walked away with only 10 points.)

Congratulations to our medalists inside edges (gold, 50 points), katmari (silver, 45 points), and CaroLiza_Fan (bronze, 40 points) and better luck to everyone else next time!

:laugh2: This is incredible; me winning the gold in the unpredictable men's event! However, I still don't figure out how the game rules work since I think I'm only correct on 2 or 3 placements. :think:
I feel good though. :party2:

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
And finally - the ladies scores:

Gold: 45 points - CaroLiza_fan, Inside edges, Poice, Somomo
Silver: 35 points - Florencito, gallavich, HanDomi, msteach3, rosacotton, surimi
Bronze: 30 points - well... 35 people (out of 66 participants!). I'm sorry I won't name every single person here, but that would be a little too many ;)

Congratulations to the winners!! :cheer:

SashaJuliaSpins

Final Flight
And finally - the ladies scores:

Gold: 45 points - CaroLiza_fan, Inside edges, Poice, Somomo
Silver: 35 points - Florencito, gallavich, HanDomi, msteach3, rosacotton, surimi
Bronze: 30 points - well... 35 people (out of 66 participants!). I'm sorry I won't name every single person here, but that would be a little too many ;)

Congratulations to the winners!! :cheer:

:laugh2: I salvaged a bronze!:drama::rofl: Worlds here I come! Thanks everyone, u've all been outstanding [insert bow]