2015 IceChallenge Men SP and FS | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2015 IceChallenge Men SP and FS

NaVi

Medalist
Do these scores seem high to those who might know more than me? The freeskate scores seem high.

They do starting with Jorik...

Brown just 2 footed his quad(and probably not fully rotated) and his 1st 3A... and I think his 2nd 3A was UR and he fell.

If the organizers want to get the best skate out of the best skater who shows up then deriving the skate order for the FS by reversing the SP ranking is not a good idea... that last skater has to wait a long time between warmup and their performance and the guy who goes 2nd(and 3rd) to last has a bit of a psychological advantage knowing that they're adding pressure.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Congrats to the medalists and Artur for two great skates! A great statement in the horse race for the Russian men. Bonus to Koylada for killing it too!

Sorry Jason, better luck next time.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
If the organizers want to get the best skate out of the best skater who shows up then deriving the skate order for the FS by reversing the SP ranking is not a good idea... that last skater has to wait a long time between warmup and their performance and the guy who goes 2nd(and 3rd) to last has a bit of a psychological advantage knowing that they're adding pressure.

So someone else should be forced to go last so the favorite can get preferential treatment?

Tavi...

Record Breaker
One bright spot for Jason is that the 4T was only < and not <<. His 3As, well... He definitely has work to do!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Jason looked rattled today. I think he was surprised he stood up on the quad and that totally played into his psyche. He didn't really settle in until after that second 3A. Lessons for next time, I suppose.

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
Jason looked rattled today. I think he was surprised he stood up on the quad and that totally played into his psyche. He didn't really settle in until after that second 3A. Lessons for next time, I suppose.

That honestly was about what it looked like to me as well. He did seem a bit rattled and off. Then again, it was still pretty good for back to back competitions. It is not just learning how to skate after a botched quad, but after a good one too that he needs to master. This competition likely did serve for some good endurance training for him. NHK might feel easy now compared to this competition.

He is making progress on the quad. From >> early on to > with a fall last week to > with no fall this week. Steady improvement makes me happy.

futurepupdoc

Rinkside
Thank you for the reply. I was wondering because even though there were some nice quality jumps in this competition there were only a few programs to speak of. I appreciate all parts of skating but some of the programs I watched today had very few if any transitions and the spins were:shocked:

I have competed and waiting a long time between warm-up and performance is problematic but happens from the time you are a baby so you are used to it by the time you get to be a Senior.

Many of the men today may find a sharp drop in their PCS if they have another International Event (IMHO)

Jason looked more tired then anything and he probably is since he competed last weekend as well.

Congratulations to all of the medalists.

Tavi...

Record Breaker
Yes even the announcer commented that he looked rattled! But yeah. Slow and steady. I would have loved it if he'd gotten it ratified, but I'm more glad it didn't regress to <<. And he had a fantastic 3A in the SP.

Tavi...

Record Breaker
I haven't seen the photo but have no idea what you're implying with your comment.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I haven't seen the photo but have no idea what you're implying with your comment.

Jason Brown is smiling vs the others who look quite serious hence one of these things is not like the others. At least that's my interpretation :biggrin:

Tavi...

Record Breaker
Jason Brown is smiling vs the others who look quite serious hence one of these things is not like the others. At least that's my interpretation :biggrin:

Thanks for your response. @silverfoxes, it's also true that 2 of the 3 skaters are Russian and one is American. Given that your custom title refers to Russia, I was unclear if that was your reference, and if so, what you were trying to say.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Was this podium photo posted? One of these things is not like the others. :rofl:

https://scontent.fphx1-1.fna.fbcdn....=cdbbfbaaf8c045732a497e3dd856a95d&oe=56B7ADD9

They are smiling on the inside. :)

Thx, Specs. :ghug:

Not to pile on, but the ROFL smiley tends to make me uncomfortable in general.
Whether intended or not, the vibe that often comes across to me is having a laugh at someone's expense. Laughing at someone, instead of laughing with someone.

Anyway, congratulations to all three men. :)

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thx, Specs. :ghug:

Not to pile on, but the ROFL smiley tends to make me uncomfortable in general.
Whether intended or not, the vibe that often comes across to me is having a laugh at someone's expense. Laughing at someone, instead of laughing with someone.

Anyway, congratulations to all three men. :)

Good point, Golden. I do not consider myself stupider than average (stupider than the average GSer, maybe:biggrin:), but I really couldn't figure out the comment and icon. Not good or bad, I just didn't get it.

So here is my comment:
Congrats to Artur and Mikhail (does he go by Misha?) with great skates and great placements:hap10:
Congrats to Jason for trying, and for being cheerful even in the course of (for him) a disappointing FS and placement.:cheer: I only wish I could show such equanimity when I am disappointed!

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
I quite enjoyed Arthur's skate, he definitely has improve but could still do a bit of work on the PCS side, the programme felt a bit empty at times.

Jorik is quite a decent skater but that has to be absolutely the worse use of vocals ever in a programme (and that's saying a lot), he should have got a deduction for it.