Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Those propane tanks on the Zamboni are extremely large :shocked:

Florentina

On the Ice
Why is the guy walking making such a point of not stepping onto the ice that has not been made but walks around on the ice that has just been done?

Anyone who can introduce me to the art of ice resurfacing? ;)

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Paige hasn't really competed outside of domestic competitions, but she's been at the National level for a while. 5th in Intermediate in 2013, 2nd in Novice in 2014, in addition to the 8th in Junior last year. She won the Junior Ladies' bronze in the US Challenge Skate last September.

Thanks for the input. I thought she was really good and maybe deserved an even higher score than she got! Wasn't familiar to her before but she's got a lot of potential IMO, big jumps, good spins, lots of speed and attack. Plus her height gives her a nice presence on the ice. Will she compete as a senior at US Nationals this year? I know she is only 15, but based on what I saw she could really shake things up! Does she have all the triples yet?

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Why is the guy walking making such a point of not stepping onto the ice that has not been made but walks around on the ice that has just been done?

Anyone who can introduce me to the art of ice resurfacing? ;)

First thing, It's less slippery.
Second thing, you'll make tracks in the ice that isn't frozen.
Third thing, the Zamboni driver will yell at you if you step on the unfrozen water.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
I think Anna Pogorilaya did one? :scratch:

Anna and Elena have improvised that combo before after missing a planned 3lz-3t combo, but I don't think either girl has ever planned a 3lo-3t in their program before.

I want to say Haruka Imai was trying 3lo-3t for awhile there. Her jumps are prone to UR, so I haven't seen much of it lately, but I think she's done it in competitions before.

Florentina

On the Ice
First thing, It's less slippery.
Second thing, you'll make tracks in the ice that isn't frozen.
Third thing, the Zamboni driver will yell at you if you step on the unfrozen water.

Well yes that's why I wondered why he seemed to do the exact opposite.. but maybe or freezes so fast. I thought there may be a non intuitive reason...

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well yes that's why I wondered why he seemed to do the exact opposite.. but maybe or freezes so fast. I thought there may be a non intuitive reason...

He was walking on the area that the driver just flooded :shocked: I hope he got yelled at! Zamboni drivers tend to get worked up and we always try to make them yell at us. I've actually driven them though so I understand the struggle is real. :)

Last edited:

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I don't always warm up but when I do it's to Uptown Funk :p

witcher

Match Penalty
I'm not accustomed to the view of Russian girl with clean skate placing 3rd of 12... :hopelessness:

I hope Mikhailova won't implode and make 50.

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
She sort of has the same facial features as Kanako. That's a very good thing IMO.

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I remember Anastasia from last year. She's great. Did about everything she could. Way to go!!

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Aw, that was great. Brings back memories--someone choreographed a student piece for me to this in undergraduate. Good memories...

AprilS

On the Ice
Love how Anastasia is skating to Anastasia :rock:

Edit: wow, surprisingly low score... URs??