2015 JGP Riga Cup Ladies FS Aug 28 | Page 16 | Golden Skate

2015 JGP Riga Cup Ladies FS Aug 28

NaVi

Medalist
Fedichkina's Cats program is perfectly fine, but just like I question changing Mikhaylova's SP for her first international season I think Fedichkina would have been better off keeping last years program.

Sophie-Anna

Medalist
And I would give it to Yuna, cause I can´t see children cry.:drama:

I think everybody from 1st to 7th place fully deserve a medal for their programs. Amber, Alisa and Xiangning Li skated pretty well. For Yuna- she started well with a very difficult combo and she fought with it till the end. I hope she will be better at her next competition because she is really talented.

RABID

Final Flight
Kaori SAKAMOTO My favorite program of the day. Can't complain about the podium and in fact I like it but if Kaori skated clean I would have hoped she would have been awarded gold. Such a thing of beauty.

adelia

Record Breaker
Fedichkina's Cats program is perfectly fine, but just like I question changing Mikhaylova's SP for her first international season I think Fedichkina would have been better off keeping last years program.
Yes, you're right.

samm22

On the Ice
Such a shame for Yuna! I don't think that program deserved to be 10th in the freeskate to be honest. I thought she should have been 6th overall but... Good for amber for getting those combos out and trying the arm variation on the lutz. I really liked both their programs! Maria and Kaori were great! I liked Kaori's lp much better than her short. And it was great to see Da Bin podium!!!! Both of Alisa's programs made no sense to me but...that's just me though.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Amber reminds me a little bit of Gracie Gold. Well actually, more than a little. She's a very talented and athletic skater with great jumping ability, but somehow, it usually just doesn't all come together in competition for whatever reason. I mean, Gracie was consistent as a junior and somehow made a reputation for herself that will keep her afloat when she underperforms these days so she's always in the mix, I just usually feel a little disappointed when watching both girls in competition.

Amber is capable of being REALLY good. Not just 106 FS and 5th place at a JGP good. It's not just the jumps either, her layback spin has gotten incredibly good now too https://instagram.com/p/3NK3-7SvLP/?taken-by=amberglenniceskater and most of the other aspects of her skating are also solid. Hopefully she figures it out one of these days.

To be honest though Gracie was only a Junior internationally for one season and had exactly one JGP event and Jr Worlds so no one knew if she was really a good competitor until she got more experience and skated in more events and sadly she's turned out to be a nervous skater at times.

samm22

On the Ice
I think everybody from 1st to 7th place fully deserve a medal for their programs. Amber, Alisa and Xiangning Li skated pretty well. For Yuna- she started well with a very difficult combo and she fought with it till the end. I hope she will be better at her next competition because she is really talented.

I agree about everyone from 1st to 7th deserving a medal! :) I honestly thought that Yuna should have beaten Alisa in components and Li overall, but don't think everyone would agree with me there...:slink:

Last edited:

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Masha speaks English well! Kostner is her inspiration. She also said 'everybody' tells her she needs to work on her spins. ;)

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
I agree about everyone for 1st to 7th deserving a medal! :) I honestly thought that Yuna should have beaten Alisa in components and li overall, but don't think everyone would agree with me there...:slink:

Oh I agree with you! I wasn't sold of Alisa's LP at all.

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
very sad for my Alisa from Wonderland:cry: liked her more than Masha
Hopefully next time she will have a nice FS!

This girl just flies across the ice.
she's a bird:love:

good podium! Congrats all

(Great interviews with Diana & Maria. Sweet to hear a Latvian speaking russian & a russian speking english)

Last edited: