2015 Junior Worlds Free Dance March 7 | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2015 Junior Worlds Free Dance March 7

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Pogrebinsky / Benoit are a very new team. Her extension and flexibility are very, very good. And Igor is coaching them. They have come a long way since this fall. This fall you would not have expected them to win third at US Nationals or make it to Jr Worlds at all.

I will be interested to see how they go on :)
b
I also have liked N&N and the Hungarians and the Poles for quite a while :)

N&N in 2012
http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sh...tia-2012-Ice-Dance-Preview&highlight=Nazarova

Another surprise this year is that Abachkina & Thauron of France have improved a lot.

Last edited:

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Pogrebinsky / Benoit are a very new team. Her extension and flexibility are very, very good. And Igor is coaching them. They have come a long way since this fall. This fall you would not have expected them to win third at US Nationals or make it to Jr Worlds at all.

I will be interested to see how they go on :)

I also have liked N&N and the Hungarians and the Poles for quite a while :)

Another surprise this year is that Abachkina & Thauron of France have improved a lot.

The Hungarians I thought were interesting, but one thing that bothered me is that I don't think his facial expression changed one whit that whole FD! Of course that could be nerves. And well I will say for A/T of France, they skated the second best Indian/Bollywood program I've seen. She in particular is compelling to watch.

I'm usually not a fan of Zhulin's choreography. But he outdid himself for N/N, much like Igor outdid himself with C/B's American in Paris FD.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
BTW, another interesting fact. Igor is definitely back in the world of juniors in a big way. And his juniors are doing fairly well for themselves.

Igor had at least 3 teams at Junior Worlds:
Abachkina & Thauron (with Fabian Bourzat & Greg Zuerlein)
Pogrebinsky & Benoit (by himself)
Moscheni & Lucash (with Barbara Fusar-Poli & Stefano Caruso)

He is also involved with the coaching of the very young and very promising team Carreira & Ponomarenko (with Greg Zuerlein, A. Lenda, F. Bourzat)

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
Clearly those saying M&C :drama: never do anything interesting or challenging either haven't followed these kids for as long as you and I have, Mrs. P, or are confusing them with some other USA team.
I've seen their dances before this season, and I never said they didn't do anything interesting or challenging. But today, in my opinion, they did look pale in comparison with Y/M and N/N, mostly because of the dance. It's not about what you did yesterday, it's about what you're doing now.

Myself, I found Y&M doing an Argentine Tango to be a less that adventuresome or interesting choice, but they should definitely have won.
In fact, I found it a rather Ye Olde Schooll Russian dance. Which is fine.
The choice is basic and not very original. The dance and execution are great.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I've seen their dances before this season, and I never said they didn't do anything interesting or challenging. But today, in my opinion, they did look pale in comparison with Y/M and N/N, mostly because of the dance. It's not about what you did yesterday, it's about what you're doing now.

Of course that's your opinion. :) Though the judges agreed with you to some extent since both of those couples beat M/C in PCS.

I was mainly responding to WA's point that it was a warhouse (and others lamenting of how they were not original because of this one dance).

kresslia

Medalist
Sigh. You can always count on the Canadian teams to blow it.

If these two teams don't step up there's going to be no room for them in seniors.

slider11

Medalist
Porgrebinsky and Benoit are very interesting. She has a very striking appearance, reminds me a little of Sinead Kerr. I wonder her age? Although they are sized well right now, if she becomes taller and fills out more this could be a problem with lifts. Too bad with the twizzles...worse day in the office when you fall twice and get 0 points for the move. I like her positive support with him after the performance.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Porgrebinsky and Benoit are very interesting. She has a very striking appearance, reminds me a little of Sinead Kerr. I wonder her age? Although they are sized well right now, if she becomes taller and fills out more this could be a problem with lifts. Too bad with the twizzles...worse day in the office when you fall twice and get 0 points for the move. I like her positive support with him after the performance.

Elliana POGREBINSKY
birth: April 22,.1998

Alex Benoit
birth: Oct 10, 1995

So they are eligible for juniors next year. She turns 17 in April.

slider11

Medalist
I thought Edwards and Pang from Canada show great promise. Nicely matched with great skating and flow. Their projection to the audience was very captivating. A team to watch.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I thought Edwards and Pang from Canada show great promise. Nicely matched with great skating and flow. Their projection to the audience was very captivating. A team to watch.

Edwards / Pang
June 14, 1996 / March 5, 1995 She's too old

They have to go to senior next year. It will be a challenge for them. And they had probably better leave Wing & Lowe for coaches with better tech teaching. Bad tech grades have dogged them all season.

icedinn

wishing ksenia/kirill happiness 4ever
On the Ice
Finally Lorraine and Quinn medal at these championships! Will they return to juniors or not?
Also Shout out to my man Zhulin for always giving voidy material that works.

LittleLotte29

Record Breaker
Am I right, that Poland has two spots next year? That would be... AWESOME. First time in 15 years if I recall well :dance:

slider11

Medalist
Pogrebinsky and Benoit definitely have an older appearance. Not ready for seniors but lots of promise in juniors.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Looking at the protocol, other than the twizzles for which they got no level, they got L3 and L4 for all the other elements in their program---better than all the other teams in their flight. All the other teams had at least one or two L2s and even an L1 or so. With two falls they only dropped one place. If he hadn't fallen at all, they could have gone up a place or two.

BUT---I have always hated her taste in costumes! She always manages to come up with the most garish colors or the busiest designs. Before the costume she had on today, at one of the JGPs, she had some sort of trailing material that caused him to mess up a lift.

LittleLotte29

Record Breaker
Absolutely!!!

It is the greatest success of Polish ice dancers since 1997 (bronze of Błażowska and Kołubek) and the first time in top 10 since 1999 (8th place of Kauc and Bernadowski). This is AMAZING, congratulations!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Aw, really sweet message from Jason Brown RE: Lorraine McNamara & Quinn Carpenter

https://instagram.com/p/z79g2jzXGN/

jasonbskates
3 hours ago
From cheering in the stands at their first international competition to screaming at the computer this morning as they won their first World Junior Medal a few short years later...Truly AMAZING! Congrats @lorrainekmac & Quinn! So proud of you guys!!! #TeamUSA #WJCTallinn #JGPFrance2012

The photo is from 2012 JGP Courchevel.

LittleLotte29

Record Breaker
Aw, really sweet message from Jason Brown RE: Lorraine McNamara & Quinn Carpenter

https://instagram.com/p/z79g2jzXGN/

jasonbskates
3 hours ago
From cheering in the stands at their first international competition to screaming at the computer this morning as they won their first World Junior Medal a few short years later...Truly AMAZING! Congrats @lorrainekmac & Quinn! So proud of you guys!!! #TeamUSA #WJCTallinn #JGPFrance2012

The photo is from 2012 JGP Courchevel.

Oh, he's cute :) That is so nice of him.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Someone commented on Jason's photo that Quinn looks like Misha Ge. That never crossed my mind, but now that I look at him, I guess I can seem a slight resemblance.