3A, low knee landing, Oda-Esque
3Lz
Flying Camel
3T ??- 3T huge
Sit Spin
Step sequence to perky music
Combo Spin
40.83 TES box

Great skate for him!! Probably his best so far. I wish he would have sold the steps a bit more. May it be enough to hang into last group?

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Kim's choreography seems at odds with his music, but he did do big quality elements.

It means nothing. Adian has quad in FS, Petrov no. If Adian skates FS clean, he wlii be ahead Petrov.
I don't trust Adian to land that quad...

xabia

On the Ice
OK so he did an easy combo, but what a skate! I enjoyed his performance more than Shoma's (that Lutz!!!!!)

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Boyang's spins were pretty awfull for me ? I am alone in this feeling ? :biggrin:

He's actually improved vastly in all areas this year in the SP. This may be the best he's done his SP so far.

--But it still makes me laugh. It just doesn't fit him very well.

Sophie-Anna

Medalist
It means nothing. Adian has quad in FS, Petrov no. If Adian skates FS clean, he wlii be ahead Petrov.

Yes I know, I just like Sasha better today. But you're right about the quad. I think that the level is much higher than last year. I expect Boyang will try 3 quads in FS, Shoma 2(but he has got better SS and overall PCS than Boyang), Adian will try 1 and maybe 2 quads. Then there is Samohin who can also land quad but he is at 11th and has not high chance to medal. So overall skaters on the 1st, 2nd and 4th place have quad(or more quads)planned and I think that who will skate clean with quad will be ahead clean skaters without quad.

EDIT:skaters on 1st,2nd and 4th place have a quad planned. I wrote this before the score for Jin Seo Kim showed up.

Last edited:

Caustica

Final Flight
I'm guessing Shoma's really excellent spins and step sequence all got Level 4 and lots of +GOE, and his PCS is deserved (imo). But wow, that gap.

Krunchii

Record Breaker
Boyang's spins were pretty awfull for me ? I am alone in this feeling ? :biggrin:

No you are not alone, he's a bit gangly and the tango program does him no favours, I always thought the music was a weird choice for him

and I'm happy for Jin-seo earning a PB for himself for the SP, he did well, the first 3T in his combo was huge, can't believe he only started skating when he was 11

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
He's actually improved vastly in all areas this year in the SP. This may be the best he's done his SP so far.

--But it still makes me laugh. It just doesn't fit him very well.

LOL, well he doesn't strike one as the passionate Latin lover type, so a tango is a bit of a headscratcher. But sometimes doing a program that is so far out of one's natural comfort zone can really stretch your abilities as a performer, and he certainly performed it. :)

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I JUST saw the list for who is competing for senior worlds. Aidan is only listed as an alternate to Voronov or Kovtun, so probably a good call to do junior worlds then.

And I have this feeling that Uno could break the junior record again tomorrow. Who's thinking the same?

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
To breakdown how Shoma was so far ahead of Adian:

Shoma had a 7.93 TSS lead over Adian.

From TES he had a 3.90 lead overall (0.37 in BV + 3.53 in +GOE)

In PCS he had a 4.03 lead over him (pretty evenly dispersed over all 5 criteria).

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
GOEs for Shoma's jumps are kinda ludicrous (except 3Lz, which rightfully got 0). Can't believe they didn't give him straight +3s for the last spin though.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
I disagree with Shoma's GOEs.
I'd give him about +1 for his 3A and -1 or -.5 for his Lutz. coming to about 3 points to many on GOE's
He'd still be well in the lead, but there's no need to go over board with the scores the way the judges have.

Oh, I see Sota had an UR call for his 3A which explains his low TES. Oh well.
As I said earlier, he's very young, and has time to get on the podium next year.

thoakun

Final Flight
No you are not alone, he's a bit gangly and the tango program does him no favours, I always thought the music was a weird choice for him

and I'm happy for Jin-seo earning a PB for himself for the SP, he did well, the first 3T in his combo was huge, can't believe he only started skating when he was 11

Didn't know about that. More admiration for him. He has pretty good jump techniques and SS. When was the last time a top skater started skating at a double-digit age?

Last edited: