2015 Nebelhorn Trophy Ladies SP and Free Skate | Page 18 | Golden Skate

2015 Nebelhorn Trophy Ladies SP and Free Skate

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Alena LEONOVA (RUS)

Music: Summertime performed by Carmen McRae; Jailhouse Rock by Elvis Presley; In Other Words by April Stevens; Sing Sing Sing performed by the Andrew Sisters

Grey/white tartan dress, white gloves

3T+3T
3Lz - !
2A - forward, turnout
CCoSp3p
FCSp
3F - fall
3F+REP - fall, maybe <
3S+2T+2Lo
2A+2T
FCCoSp3p
StSq

Fall on both triple flips. Enough to medal?

FS: 52.61+58.59-2.00 = 109.20, 165.61, 2/16

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
I like Anna's program better than I did at the test skates, but I'm still not won over. The cuts...:hopelessness: And the step sequence seems too slow to be set to Sing, Sing, Sing

tulosai

Record Breaker
every body every body every bodyevery bodye very body...zip.... flying to the moon??? Was that music edit intentional?? !!!

Wondered that too...

Overall I quite like this program actually, and her costume is cute. It was just really fun. Too bad about the falls.

Dr. Jenn

Medalist
That was the most random assemblage of music I have ever seen (Voronov's program from last year has been beaten in this regard! :p)! Alena is tremendously charming, and I thought her costume was cute. The mistakes were unfortunate.

tulosai

Record Breaker
That was the most random assemblage of music I have ever seen (Voronov's program from last year has been beaten in this regard! :p)! Alena is tremendously charming, and I thought her costume was cute. The mistakes were unfortunate.

Yes, charming is a good word :)

gnom

On the Ice
Like Leonova's program and costume very much. Ok, fly me to the moon is a bit weird. However, very entertaining.

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
OK, throw shade at me for the rest of the season, but this was one entertaining hot mess and I liked it. It kept me hooked. The transition from 'Jailhouse Rock' to 'Fly Me to the Moon' was a WTH moment, though.

Endearing skater. She even worked in some Finnstep during the step sequence.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Wondered that too...

Overall I quite like this program actually, and her costume is cute. It was just really fun. Too bad about the falls.

I agree, i think the program suited Alena's 'spirit', but seems her performance deteriorated with the 'glitch' sounding half. It started off well and then kind of fizzledd.

Dr. Jenn

Medalist
Congratulations to Kaetlyn and Mirai - That was a most impressive comeback (for both of them actually, in different senses of the word)!! :)

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
OMG Mirai's TES vs PCS is interesting and kind of hilarious... PCS looks kind of low!! I want to see the FS video!!

I can't believe she beat everyone on TES!!!!!! AMAZING!!!! :dance:

tulosai

Record Breaker
I would have put Mirai into 3rd place overall, the PCS for Mirai was to low.

I agree actually, but really in hindsight just going for a 2A in the SP probably would have done it too... she was very close to a medal here.

Overall, I do think this is a step in the right direction for her if she can build on this going forward.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
I thought her PCS were fair, she really sold that skate.

Alena has always be great at selling her program, but she was not perfect. The question is how much higher she would have been if she went perfect.

Consider Akiko received 59.24 for her great O at the inflated WC2012, and Mirai received 60.56 for her Pirate at the Caribbean skated at the Olympics where everyone did receive an Olympic inflation. It does make you wonder about inflation generally these past seasons and how things have change. Poor Mirai... PCS dented and still cooking!! Gooo Mirai! What a lovely start to boost your season campaign!!