2023 Nebelhorn Trophy: General Info | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2023 Nebelhorn Trophy: General Info

lilimum

On the Ice
Country
Germany
I do not have money to shell out $20 per event nor should I have to pay just to watch figure skating. I wonder why these streams can not put on YouTube and monetize them with ads. Also with these low level events you should be able somebody to sponsor them. I mean the one that was Canada the main sponsors were the province of Quebec, a Canadian flower company, and the Chicken famers of Canada. To think that skating events can not find sponsors is wrong.They can. It might not be prestigious ones but they could find one if they really wanted to. I just want to stop the nickeling and dimming of fans to stop because this why skating is in deep trouble and driving more fans is not helping any.
It seems the organizer even did't try to find sponsors. When I watched some yt video from yesterday I saw only one company as rink sponsor (Chique Sport). I also watched a video from Nebelhorntrophy 1996 - there have been names like Lufthansa, Toshiba etc as rink advertising. Of course times are different now, but Kris135 is right, at least advertising from the local tourist industry should be possible, especially in Oberstdorf where tourism is the main economic factor. Instead of run down the global interest in the Nebelhorntrophy - or perhaps this is the intention, I don*t know their strategy for the future of this event

Kris135

On the Ice
It seems the organizer even did't try to find sponsors. When I watched some yt video from yesterday I saw only one company as rink sponsor (Chique Sport). I also watched a video from Nebelhorntrophy 1996 - there have been names like Lufthansa, Toshiba etc as rink advertising. Of course times are different now, but Kris135 is right, at least advertising from the local tourist industry should be possible, especially in Oberstdorf where tourism is the main economic factor. Instead of run down the global interest in the Nebelhorntrophy - or perhaps this is the intention, I don*t know their strategy for the future of this event
Who knows what strategy they are going for? When Grand Prix access is cheaper, with better skater lineups to be honest in most cases, there is something wrong here. I hate Peacock but I almost want them to get access to these Challenger Series events because I pay one monthly fee and I am done. Now if they could give me replays of all the events I would be happy. This constant charging is driving fans away and getting them less revenue then if they just put the event on you tube and monetize with ads.

yesterday

Record Breaker
We'll know in about a year's time whether this had been a successful idea for Nebelhorn or not 🤔

Pandicorn

On the Ice
Country
Germany
Since I have nothing to do here, I watched the last group women practice.
Kimmy was missing, hope she hasn't withdrawn.
Lindsay: Again Pirates, some really good jumps
Isabeau: well-known classical music, run-through without jumps, random fall at choreography sequence, later some good combos
Alexia: Black Swan, some good jumps, problem with the Lutz
Minchae: classical music, sparkly blue costume, some problems with the jumps, didn't do much during run-through.
Next are Icedancers.

Pandicorn

On the Ice
Country
Germany
Icedance practice first group:
T/P: I think he shall be a knight, she in a green dress. I didn't know the music but expected something more epic.
Ritter/B: Je suis malade...
R/Majorov: very Bond like

Pandicorn

On the Ice
Country
Germany
Icedance practice second group:
Haven't paid much attention and only listened to the music until now... heard some boring pop music. C/P sounded interesting.
L/R have riverdance, but I really hope that that is not her costume. His is okay.

icewhite

Record Breaker
We'll know in about a year's time whether this had been a successful idea for Nebelhorn or not 🤔

Well, it's not just Nebelhorn's idea I think since Lombardia wasn't free either when it was last year, and it was exactly the same price - so I'm assuming there's an agreement between the Challengers. Nepela seems to be slightly cheaper for the all-event.

I am not sure how they will evaluate this - the thing in my eyes are the long term consequences for the sport which the organizers are likely not too interested in.
Apart from that of course many of the hardcore fans will have watched per vk... does figure skating really want to drive fans more towards Russian pirate streams? :unsure: