2023 Finlandia Trophy: General Info | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2023 Finlandia Trophy: General Info

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Other skaters have fans too, you know. I will absolutely pay this for the fine assortment of European men they've collected for Finlandia.
Yes, other skaters have fans, of course, I am sorry to imply they didn't. Just that that is a LOT of money for ANY Challenger. I love Ellie and Danny, and would pay something reasonable to watch them skate. The amount they are charging is not reasonable TO ME. It's a bad thing that's happening. We used to get Challengers free. Now they are charging more and more How much more will it go up next year? Not a good way to grow the sport

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Of course every fan decides on their own. Of course I am not critisizing those who want to see the skaters and pay that price.
I am critisizing the people who do not make an effort to grow this sport but milk the existing hardcore fans. I think I will start a new thread in the edge for this, though.
Yes, this is what I was trying to say.

Country
Norway
Linnea Kilsand (NOR) and Sophia Schaller/Livio Mayr (AUT) were removed today.
Sad about Linnea, but not surprised after the skate she had in JGP. I think it was the right call, this would be her third weekend in a row with competition and she seemed mentally exhausted after the disaster skate in JGP. Linnea stepped in for Pernille With in JGP, who currently is injured. So she wasn´t supposed to do three weekends in a row.

I was looking forward to having two Norwegian girls competing at Finlandia, but of course health comes first.

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
I wonder if Finland sends a somebody from Finland's substitute list. Local Fed has done it sometimes when there have been many WDs but I have not found any sign so far that they had done it this time.

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yes, other skaters have fans, of course, I am sorry to imply they didn't.

Sorry, but what you implied was that your favorite is the only currently competitive skater worth that much money.

sk8coachus

X Comp. Skater
On the Ice
I’m reading here that there aren’t any free streams…is there any place we can see replays of individual programs?

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Sorry, but what you implied was that your favorite is the only currently competitive skater worth that much money.
Sorry, but I think you're searching for something to be offended about here. Are you seriously suggesting @moonvine or anyone else seriously thinks that the two skaters mentioned have similar draw power - and @moonvine is not to my knowledge a Yuzu fan - or that anyone including Gracie (who she would pay it for, I wouldn't even as another fan) is going to pull large enough numbers at that price for it to be really worth the loss of audience?

It's ridiculous because they are not thinking of how to attract more viewers, just how to price gouge those they might have. But as I said, we pay ridiculous prices when fannish hearts are involved (no one ask me to tot up what I have spent over the years.)

I think it was pretty jokingly, though...
That's how I assumed everyone would take it.

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I’m reading here that there aren’t any free streams…is there any place we can see replays of individual programs?
For any replays or individual videos they will be found in the event's REWATCH section.

Seven Sisters

Medalist
For any replays or individual videos they will be found in the event's REWATCH section.
Let me just say here that I appreciate the service @labgoat has been so tirelessly providing for us. I often check @labgoat’s posts when I just want to watch a single performance or competition segment, even when I’ve bought the complete official stream. Thank you!

TT_Fin

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
I have pneumonia... I can go to places (not contagious) IF I managed to get there.... I am super exhausted.
I am one of those persons who get sick very rarely. But then when I got flu it is not easy. Just this time last year I left the decision to last week - and I got corona - and it was not easy. But I had bought no tickets. My body just decides Finlandia Trophy is not for me to go on place. Sometimes I can go quite healthy for five years. Well, there is still GP Espoo to go.

Last edited:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I am one of those persons who get sick very rarely. But then when I got flu it is not easy. Just this time last year I left the decision to last week - and I got corona - and it was not easy. But I had bought no tickets. My body just decides Finlandia Trophy is not for me to go on place. Sometimes I can go quite healthy for five years. Well, there is still GP Espoo to go.
same here.... first time I am sick in 4 years... but super sick... (have managed to stay away from covid 🤞)

TT_Fin

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
same here.... first time I am sick in 4 years... but super sick... (have managed to stay away from covid 🤞)
I have been working to same empoyeer for 12 years and I have been out of office because of illness a couple of days+that covid weeks+now. I called the boss and he told me to stay home also tomorrow.

Well, the thin consolation is that the my monthly paid channel shows Finlandia Trophy and bigger consolation is I can chat and watch with forum friends who have paid or have other access to stream. And I can watch juniors also, if I can stay awake.

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I have pneumonia... I can go to places (not contagious) IF I managed to get there.... I am super exhausted.
Pneumonia can really wear you out. I’ve had it 25 times- occupational hazard when I used to see patients. I finally got vaccinated after the last bout and have done well so far. Be patient and take care to rest and hydrate a lot. It feels like you will never be well agin, but you will.

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Hope you keep staying away! I did have a mild bout late last year (very grateful for the booster shots before) but I would not want to get it again.

Also sending karmic lemon and honey and get well wishes.