2023 Finlandia Trophy: General Info | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2023 Finlandia Trophy: General Info

icewhite

Record Breaker
25 pounds? Are they for real? Is Gracie going to be there? Hanyu?

Lol, it's getting better and better... sure, the prices are higher in Finland... but this is just :palmf::bang::bang:
Next time they are going to ask for 50 Euros/Dollar, cause, why not...
A Challenger where the biggest names are the likes of Yelim Kim and Kao Miura...
They may be betting on friends and family of the skaters... it's starting to look like those pay-to-be-published publishers... :poop:

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
They really should have invited him to drop in and just wave to the viewing audience.... he likes Finland. And people would then probably pay up :laugh:
I guess people are paying up anyway. Why is beyond me. Maybe they'd throw him some Poohs. I mean I attend competitions that don't cost this much.

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Tickets are now cheaper to be on place than last year, I think. And women's SP will live free only in Finland, I think they have denied to use VPN either, but you can check Yle Areena "taitoluistelu" do you get it. They will be also highlights on Saturday and Sunday evenings at local TV, YLE, and all these are also available at YLE's internet channel YLE Areena. I must just leave to office (must do som work in advance to get Friday free and going to be 7 am there) but if you get to see YLE Areena by VPN, then I can try to put links. Women SP is live, others only highlights. Just try if you can see this: https://areena.yle.fi/tv if yes, I try to the FS events when it is current.

Edit. I checked by my own VPN, live broadcasts are not available through VPN :(, only some TV programs are.

Last edited:

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I guess people are paying up anyway. Why is beyond me. Maybe they'd throw him some Poohs. I mean I attend competitions that don't cost this much.
Seriously? They probably can't afford him at the minute, even if the Finnish Embassy in Tokyo did throw out an enthusiastic invitation for a general visit. But even if I am biased I do have to agree with

Other skaters have fans too, you know.
And some of them will be willing to pay what it takes, totally fairly enough (if I've got the conversions right, it's about the same amount as we paid for Yuzu's solo GIFT on the day... and he is known to have kept the price down.)

Happy viewing!

Last edited:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Seriously? They probably can't afford him at the minute, even if the Finnish Embassy in Tokyo did throw out an enthusiastic invitation for a general visit. But even if I am biased I do have to agree with

And some of them will be willing to pay what it takes, totally fairly enough (if I've got the conversions right, it's about the same amount as we paid for Yuzu's solo GIFT on the day... and he is known to have kept the price down.)

Happy viewing!
It's not a gift if you had to pay for it ;)

But seriously, I am not sure why people complain about 25 pounds for a competition (i mean are we talking about tickets for one day??? or just one discipline?)

ACI : dance and men longs, 45 dollars, and that the cheapest competition i have attended.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
For what we got.... oh yes it was, mate 💕💗💕💗💕💗💕💗💕

I'm sure the people streaming Finlandia will feel just as gifted if the skating is great!
well...maybe @Mathman can look up the origins of the word Gift and tell us if truly, it was a gift or not :)

Okay.. i am seeing myself out of this silly banter... I thought I would cause a bit of fun trouble before going to bed .... :) cheerio

icewhite

Record Breaker
It's not a gift if you had to pay for it ;)

But seriously, I am not sure why people complain about 25 pounds for a competition (i mean are we talking about tickets for one day??? or just one discipline?)

ACI : dance and men longs, 45 dollars, and that the cheapest competition i have attended.

We are not talking about tickets here! It's 25 Euro for the streaming! (incuding replays) of the whole event.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
We are not talking about tickets here! It's 25 Euro for the streaming! (incuding replays) of the whole event.
for 3 days or so? it's about 8 euros a day... which is what it was for other events... except for anything in Canada of course ;)

icewhite

Record Breaker
for 3 days or so? it's about 8 euros a day... which is what it was for other events... except for anything in Canada of course ;)

Well, the others were 20 and 15 (Nepela). Now it's 5 Euro more again.
It's really not my business how other people spend their money and there is no human right to watch figure skating competitions, I am mostly enraged because I feel organizers, feds, ISU, everyone, are going the completely wrong way.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Well, the others were 20 and 15 (Nepela). Now it's 5 Euro more again.
It's really not my business how other people spend their money and there is no human right to watch figure skating competitions, I am mostly enraged because I feel organizers, feds, ISU, everyone, are going the completely wrong way.
except Canada :) we may be growing maple cactus but everything has to be livestreamed for free : one of the reasons : transparency, so people all over the country can see their competitors and how they are judged.

I agree with you though : they should make the streaming free for everything. Again, Canada has free streaming for all GPs and Worlds through CBC. This is not made possible by Skate Canada (unlike the other events). It's made possible with tax money.

So I am not sure what to say... For once, Canada is doing things right when it comes to sport (well streaming of said sport)... So I wonder why other countries can not look what's done here and copy it. :)

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I personally if impractically think that a better idea would be one blanket fee for streams to all the Challengers, paid to the central body (ISU, sad to say) and then divvied up. But they are not going to listen to me....

In which case I told a fib above, I converted 25 pounds. Finlandia cost more than GIFT.

And every fan has to decide what is worth their money, I guess 🤔

icewhite

Record Breaker
I personally if impractically think that a better idea would be one blanket fee for streams to all the Challengers, paid to the central body (ISU, sad to say) and then divvied up. But they are not going to listen to me....

In which case I told a fib above, I converted 25 pounds. Finlandia cost more than GIFT.

And every fan has to decide what is worth their money, I guess 🤔

Of course every fan decides on their own. Of course I am not critisizing those who want to see the skaters and pay that price.
I am critisizing the people who do not make an effort to grow this sport but milk the existing hardcore fans. I think I will start a new thread in the edge for this, though.

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Ruutu+, the local channel without ads cost 12,99 € per month and with ads 8,99. I can watch Finlandia trophy, nationals and lot of other sport and other programs via it. VPN is prevented. I think maybe fed started this co-operation because they did not get enough viewers by Skating finland channel. The cheapest tickets for adults was 20 €, so I think the Solid sport stream us really expensive.

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Of course every fan decides on their own. Of course I am not critisizing those who want to see the skaters and pay that price.
I am critisizing the people who do not make an effort to grow this sport but milk the existing hardcore fans. I think I will start a new thread in the edge for this, though.
Oh I'm sorry, I didn't mean to imply that you were cricitising the payers! We all sometimes pay outrageous prices for our fannish passions, which doesn't for one minute mean that those prices aren't outrageous.

So I agree with you. And @moonvine. And @CrazyKittenLady. And @4everchan. I seem to be in a very agreeable mood tonight :laugh: