2015 Nebelhorn Trophy Pairs SP and Free Skate | Page 11 | Golden Skate

2015 Nebelhorn Trophy Pairs SP and Free Skate

moriel

Record Breaker
well, just the beginning of the season still =)

and it was way better than their SP, so clap clap

tulosai

Record Breaker
OMFG I LOOOOVED IT!!!

I am not even being sarcastic, this was the role Trankov was born to play. I look back at his Godfather program and my confusion and despair at the faces he was making, and I understand now that he was practicing and building toward this moment. I honestly do not mean this as insulting at all, this is a masterpiece. I was skeptical at the test skates but I see the potential in this now. It is a great vehicle for them.

This was amazing to me. Just wow. I finally have seen a great Dracula program.

Pika

Final Flight
Catching on Nebelhorn to see V/T. I'm disappointed their programs are choreographically empty...

MaxSwagg

Match Penalty
God, I can breath now. Perfect twist, lift positions, death spiral, loop throw...the best.

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
Solid skate for September. And I actually like their FP much more than SP. Congrats :)

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:points: :points: :points:

After that performance, they should win by a country mile, if not 2 or 3!!!!

As you have probably picked up over the years, I love dramatic music. But, I wasn't fussed on this piece.

But the skating more than made up for it.

If this is anything to go by, they are going to be unbeatable this season!

Fingers crossed that Mari and Ruben can cement their second position.

:cheer: ALL THE BEST MARI AND RUBEN :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
Max seemed kinda reserved during the lifts and twist. So much room for improvement :)

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Mari VARTMANN / Ruben BLOMMAERT (GER)

Music: Somewhere (from West Side Story) by Leonard Bernstein

White costumes, red detail

3Tw - bit hard landing
3STh
3T - she fell
5RLi
3LoTh - hand down
3S+REP - she fell
FCCoSp3p
5ALi
ChSq
FiDS
PCoSp3p
3Li

Bit shaky today, she fell on both jumps. Don't think they'll medal

FS: 53.06+54.34-2.00 = 105.40, 166.50, 4/7

tulosai

Record Breaker
V/B are still very good for a new team for me, though I don't think they'll medal either. Wonderful final lift, I really enjoyed that!:love:

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I feel sorry for Mari and Ruben. After a brilliant Short Programme which put them into second place (but should have been a first place!), they have a disappointing Free Skate that takes them off the podium.

HOWEVER, it is looking really good for them this season.

Although it didn't go too well today, that Free Skate routine looks like it could be a good one. So, if they can get it polished as well as they have Short Programme, they could become regular contenders.

A couple full of promise!

Podium ceremony coming on now.

CaroLiza_fan

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
The question is, what happens with Christophe now?

There's no funding in Britain, and surely Didier won't allow him to go back to France.

Put it like this, if he won't release foreign skaters who have been representing France, then I can't see him welcoming back French skaters that have been representing other countries!

Sorry, couldn't resist an opportunity for a cheap shot.

CaroLiza_fan

It ain't cheap if it's true...

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
The question is, what happens with Christophe now?

There's no funding in Britain, and surely Didier won't allow him to go back to France.

Put it like this, if he won't release foreign skaters who have been representing France, then I can't see him welcoming back French skaters that have been representing other countries!

Sorry, couldn't resist an opportunity for a cheap shot.

CaroLiza_fan

while it is intermission...

How about Caitlin Yankowskas? That partnership just ended, so she likely is still in shape and such. I wonder if that could be an option.

Do they have any other teams that they could possibly send to worlds? Maybe some juniors that need to get to work?

tulosai

Record Breaker
I feel sorry for Mari and Ruben. After a brilliant Short Programme which put them into second place (but should have been a first place!), they have a disappointing Free Skate that takes them off the podium.

CaroLiza_fan

No need to feel sorry for them! This was an EXCELLENT debut considering it was literally their first competition together.