2015 NHK Mens Short Program | Page 35 | Golden Skate

2015 NHK Mens Short Program

Layback11

Record Breaker
Me exactly. Minus *faint.*

I don't remembered if I wondered if my eyes were messing with me though.
I didn't. It's Yuzuru skating at home-if he skated his absolute best, I don't hesitate to believe they'd give him that score. He's gotten a 101 for a best-ever SP before and that wasn't at home, and was with only one quad. Must've been one heck of an SP! Seems it was a great event!

Also, happy to see Feather Man do so well after I may or may not have distracted him at SA by dropping a lip gloss lid down the stairs. :eek::

wasabi

On the Ice
Just watched Hanyu for the first this season- WOW, phenomenal,mesmerizing!!! The transitions were amazing, he never stops, from one element to the other without setup. Really brilliant.

Last edited:

HanDomi

Record Breaker
Just watched Hanyu for the first this season- WOW, phenomanal,mesmerizing!!! The transitions were amazing, he never stops, from one element to the other without setup. Really brilliant.

Ye the transition marks should be trough the roof in PCS. I don't get why only 9.18 :biggrin:

Bumdid

Record Breaker
Just check the result. I guess PChiddy has lifted his curse from Yuzuru. Also proud of myself for finally picking a favorite (Jin) who is not a headcase. Looking at you Denis Ten and Josh Farris.

Final wish, can the final three podium stay like this please? I'll even support Mura's feather duster costume if that's what it takes.

HanDomi

Record Breaker
btw did anyone spotted how music was fitted with him rotating in the air 4T and then 3T ? :biggrin: so cool

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Just check the result. I guess PChiddy has lifted his curse from Yuzuru. Also proud of myself for finally picking a favorite (Jin) who is not a headcase. Looking at you Denis Ten and Josh Farris.

Final wish, can the final three podium stay like this please? I'll even support Mura's feather duster costume if that's what it takes.

FWIW, one of those headcases is a two-time wold medalist and an Olympic Bronze medalist. If he's a headcase, then everyone else (outside of Yuzuru, Patrick and Javi, I guess) is utterly hopeless.

I think Boyang did a fantastic job yesterday, but I'd be careful to declare that he is consistent. He's been consistent thus far this season -- yay-- but even he had his up-and-down moments in the past and we have to see whether those jumps will remain consistent as he grows. I hope so and I think he has decent technique, but one can never know for sure.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
106... WELP time for everyone else to pack it all up and go home.

Not so! Yuzu has been known to break WR one day and do poorly the next. It ain't over till its over.

Though, if we are keepn' it real, Yuzu's 'poorly' can be quite high in tech. Usually including at least 2 3a combos etc.

Last edited:

Krunchii

Record Breaker
Woke up to a heart attack this morning, omg Yuzuru I had no idea he planned 2 quads, what a huge risk and it paid off, the 4T-3T was freaking effortless, the scores feels massive but I have no idea what to pick apart jeez

Also I still feel that Boyang's PCS is too high, just not feeling his skating at all

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Lol btw anyone wondering what Patrick Chan is thinking right now?

Chan will most likely go about with his normal content. There's no point trying to add a 4S in there when it's not consistent (a clean program with solo 3Z will score better than a solo 4S fall). As we've seen, Hanyu can score 73 one competition and 106 the next, so it doesn't make sense to switch things up, unless Hanyu can deliver like this every time.

What I'm wondering is what Javier is thinking right now. Clearly he's capable of two different quads, but only opts to do one in the short program. How does he have that convo with Orser -- so.... can I start trying two quads now that you're letting Hanyu do two? :laugh:

Watermelondrea

Final Flight
Woke up to a heart attack this morning, omg Yuzuru I had no idea he planned 2 quads, what a huge risk and it paid off, the 4T-3T was freaking effortless, the scores feels massive but I have no idea what to pick apart jeez

Also I still feel that Boyang's PCS is too high, just not feeling his skating at all

I agree with what you said about Jin, he's like Tuktamysheva in the fact that they both have incredible jumps and are really charismatic but spin positions are meh and that's really there is to their skating.

Watermelondrea

Final Flight
I wish Hanyu would go back to his Worlds Costume for his SP!! Not that this seasons is bad but really it's a little much with the gold wrists and the belt... The simple elegance was nice last year, this year is a little too much bling for me.

HanDomi

Record Breaker
Now I had time after work to watch it again. The spins were absolutely gorgeous. I am not that over the top spins fan but really they were exqusite

And he still can add like 2-3 more points for this program, holy

xibsuarz

Record Breaker
Chan will most likely go about with his normal content. There's no point trying to add a 4S in there when it's not consistent (a clean program with solo 3Z will score better than a solo 4S fall). As we've seen, Hanyu can score 73 one competition and 106 the next, so it doesn't make sense to switch things up, unless Hanyu can deliver like this every time.

What I'm wondering is what Javier is thinking right now. Clearly he's capable of two different quads, but only opts to do one in the short program. How does he have that convo with Orser -- so.... can I start trying two quads now that you're letting Hanyu do two? :laugh:

ITA. Patrick will obviously keep his SP content the way it is, he may not even push his 3A a bit further to get an extra 10% since it may not match the music.
But Javier well, even if his 4S has not been top notch as it used to, his 4T has been very, very consistent. And he won't need to rearrange the whole program like Yuzuru did, since his current layout works just as well with a 4T-3T or a 3Lz+3T. Or it could be a 4S+3T like his FS and a solo 4T. But I'm not sure how comfortable he would be with making such a drastic change in the middle of the season. :scratch2:
But if he wants to be able to compete with what a clean Yuzuru can do, I guess he should go for it.