2015 NHK Trophy TV and Livestream | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2015 NHK Trophy TV and Livestream

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
No, I mean why is it a day after the other events.

You're asking why both ID sessions are at lunchtime, with the Free Dance on Sunday alongside the Gala?

Well, that's because nobody cares about Ice Dance in Japan. :sarcasm:

Sabrina

Record Breaker
I don't speak Russian and I can hardly read the letters, but if chas means hour it means Pairs could start in 1 h and 48 min...Hope I'm correct

SaraM

Final Flight
Country
Norway
I don't speak Russian and I can hardly read the letters, but if chas means hour it means Pairs could start in 1 h and 48 min...Hope I'm correct

thats right! im in Oslo, same as Paris time, currently 5:30 am! Starts 620 am :) less than an hour :yahoo:

Last edited:

Ilvskating

Final Flight
Russian lesson time! So far I believe that I have learned three words: minute, second, and NHK Trophy!
OK, not sure about the last one, but definitely November:)

Last edited:

Procrastinator

On the Ice
I'm a college student who just finished finals and finally have the free time to watch events live. Is it worth buying the 50 dollar Ice Network package since GP is almost over? Also what are the commentators for the stream, if any?

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
It seems like this year NHK will provide a streaming service for the first time! Nice :hap10:
NHK is the Japanese national broadcasting channel and every year they are obliged by the government to propose some yearly schemes. This year they have a scheme to improve their internet service including the live streaming of figure skating! Amazing! The commentary will be likely to include the former skaters as Nobunari Oda, Akiko Suzuki, Shizuka Arakawa and Takeshi Honda.

Here is the page:
http://www.nhk.or.jp/figure/livevideo/about.html
(The page shows Terms & Conditions. Click the second last button to agree and go to the streaming service.)

I'm afraid it's only available in Japan. (Well, I don't know any trick ;))
Did that work for anyone?

I tried out of interest during the men's SP... using a virtual machine hosted in datacentre in Japan... but I just kept getting a message saying something like "stream starts at 4:05 try again later", regardless that it was well after 4:05 local time.

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
At the end of the Ladies SP there now, we had a screen up telling us what was on tomorrow, and that Pairs SP broadcast that was causing confusion IS actually the Free Skate.

Also, I found it interesting that Chris said that it was on at 12:00 "on British Eurosport", and then immediately corrected himself and said "in the UK".

So, it looks like they have been instructed not to use the name "British Eurosport" and instead say "in the UK". :disapp:

British Eurosport est mort. Vive British Eurosport!

Although, it would have been nicer if the instruction had been to follow Matt Chilton's example. When giving out times in the Alpine Skiing coverage, he has ALWAYS said "in the UK, Ireland and Portugal". Which I always thought was a nice touch, to include all the countries in our time zone.

In fact, this would have been a better description in the case of the Pairs FS because, although Eurosport 2 International is showing it at 12:00 GMT, it is being shown at a totally different time on British Eurosport 2! It is on BES2 at 16:45 GMT tomorrow.

CaroLiza_fan

MidnightSkater

On the Ice
At the end of the Ladies SP there now, we had a screen up telling us what was on tomorrow, and that Pairs SP broadcast that was causing confusion IS actually the Free Skate.

Also, I found it interesting that Chris said that it was on at 12:00 "on British Eurosport", and then immediately corrected himself and said "in the UK".

So, it looks like they have been instructed not to use the name "British Eurosport" and instead say "in the UK". :disapp:

British Eurosport est mort. Vive British Eurosport!

Although, it would have been nicer if the instruction had been to follow Matt Chilton's example. When giving out times in the Alpine Skiing coverage, he has ALWAYS said "in the UK, Ireland and Portugal". Which I always thought was a nice touch, to include all the countries in our time zone.

In fact, this would have been a better description in the case of the Pairs FS because, although Eurosport 2 International is showing it at 12:00 GMT, it is being shown at a totally different time on British Eurosport 2! It is on BES2 at 16:45 GMT tomorrow.

CaroLiza_fan
Typical Eurosport !.
The SD has now completely gone from British Eurosports listings. Very annoying.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Typical Eurosport !.
The SD has now completely gone from British Eurosports listings. Very annoying.

Flamin' Curling!!! :mad: :bang:

Like, what is the point?! :rolleye:

Just to clarify one thing - it isn't just us that is getting curling instead. The rest of the continent is as well.

Well, at least we have the ISU channel on the Eurosport Player to fall back on. :biggrin:

Oh, wait...

(I know, I shouldn't be sarcastic about it!)

CaroLiza_fan

petitebrie

On the Ice
Looks like CBC is/will be streaming. Haven't tried this myself, though: http://www.cbc.ca/sports/olympics/winter/figureskating/nhk-trophy-live-stream-1.3338689

Btw: Zenmate premium isn't too pricey (€8.99 on a month-to-month basis, cheaper if purchasing a 6- or 12-month subscription plan) and works very smoothly. You can set "Smart locations" so that every time you go to a certain website it switches to the pre-set country of choice, which is really useful.

I'm also really disappointed Eurosport dropped the ISU channel, I'll probably be cancelling my subscription after the GPF tbh.

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The Russian Sport 1 channel link worked for me on my tablet last night (no pop-ups, no spam), so I wound up staying up until 3:30AM or so to see Yuzu slay the competition. I was so tired though that I thought I was hallucinating when the score came up! Wonder what TAT was saying during his skate? So thanks for posting that link!