2015 Skate Canada Autumn Classic International, Oct 12 - 15 | Page 51 | Golden Skate

2015 Skate Canada Autumn Classic International, Oct 12 - 15

AprilS

On the Ice
Am I the only one who likes Hanyu's new costume quite a bit better than the one he wore in the summer shows? :slink: It looks much more like a Kariginu (I thought the summer one looked like Buzz Lightyear), and the new patters would probably show up much better on white ice (I think that was one complaint with the old version? That it didn't stand out on the ice) :p

tsuyoboogie

"Dedicate your heart" & Slay like an Ackerman
Record Breaker
Am I the only one who likes Hanyu's new costume quite a bit better than the one he wore in the summer shows? :slink: It looks much more like a Kariginu (I thought the summer one looked like Buzz Lightyear), and the new patters would probably show up much better on white ice (I think that was one complaint with the old version? That it didn't stand out on the ice) :p

I agree! Wasn't a fan of the first version. Thought it was too structured. I like this version so much more. :yes:

Last edited:

alia jackson

Record Breaker

HanDomi

Record Breaker
Hanyu should move quad combo to the first quad toe, because he is loosing points unnecessarily if he will go down on third quad and then he can't do 3T in 3A combo

tulosai

Record Breaker
Like everyone else I am wildly happy for Sean!! :cheer: I also really really hope this will lead to his having more international assignments- my mind is actually a little bit blown that this was his first one ever, I feel like I've seen him so much, but I guess that really was just nationals...

paircheck

Final Flight
Just watched D/R FP
pitty about the throws...

BUT

am i right that especially eric is a great artist on ice ... you can see how he feels the music!

maybe the best male pair skater in this olympic period

what do u think???

Mista Ekko

Record Breaker
Just watched D/R FP
pitty about the throws...

BUT

am i right that especially eric is a great artist on ice ... you can see how he feels the music!

maybe the best male pair skater in this olympic period

what do u think???

I think this FS might be their transformation moment a la Shen\Zhao,
They'll need to nail the tech though, Which i'm sure will happen eventually

Last edited:

Dr. Jenn

Medalist
I just got caught up with a few of the videos, and I too really like D/R's FS. I think the music is great for them, and they are really nicely costumed. I also think there is more of a connection between them than we have seen in some programs in past.

I am most impressed with Orford and Hill, especially after only having been paired up for such a short time! They were both middle of the pack skaters (second- or third-tier) with their other partners, but I feel that this partnership really elevates their skating to a new level. They are really well matched. I particularly like their FD - I prefer their version to H/B's version.

tulosai

Record Breaker
I am most impressed with Orford and Hill, especially after only having been paired up for such a short time! They were both middle of the pack skaters (second- or third-tier) with their other partners, but I feel that this partnership really elevates their skating to a new level. They are really well matched. I particularly like their FD - I prefer their version to H/B's version.

I agree 100%. I was really really enchanted with their FD in particular!

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
I'm sorry but Duhamel/Radford FP was just un-watchable for me.

paircheck

Final Flight
I just got caught up with a few of the videos, and I too really like D/R's FS. I think the music is great for them, and they are really nicely costumed. I also think there is more of a connection between them than we have seen in some programs in past.

I also think that they have a stronger connection on the ice than before and the music suits them very well...!

I hope that they gonna present it better an better in this season:popcorn:

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Congratulations to all the medal winner, but especially to Sean. He has steadily improved and put in a lot of work and I'm so happy for him. I also hope he receives a Challenger series Senior B.