2015 Skate Detroit Jul 21-25 | Page 21 | Golden Skate

2015 Skate Detroit Jul 21-25

mnm464

On the Ice
So shall we conclude that the break out star this weekend for the ladies was Bradie Tennell?

At mnm464: I figured out who you were the other day by looking at the scoresheets and making an educated guess but didn't want to be the one to put your real name on the forum. I'm sorry to say I missed your skating by mere moments the other day but judging by the scores you did quite well. First year junior right? Not bad and only a few points shy of making the final events. Keep working and make that final next time. Thanks for all of the upates and videos :cheer:

Yes, I am first year junior, so I want to gain as much experience I can. Thank you for your words and I will try my best!

Last edited:

breathesgelatin

Final Flight
Finally saw Donlan/Bartholomay's short.

I really think they could move up the US rankings. I know Gretchen struggles with her SBS jumps, but there is a sexiness and vibrancy to that program! They have that something. I liked Zhang/Bartholomay a lot, in part because they both seemed like such sweet, positive people. But Gretchen and Nate seem to be really gelling.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Judging by the amount of posts I'd say this has been a pretty successful event. I was surprised at how many people tuned in to see what was going down up in Detroit. :clap:

mnm464

On the Ice
Finally saw Donlan/Bartholomay's short.

I really think they could move up the US rankings. I know Gretchen struggles with her SBS jumps, but there is a sexiness and vibrancy to that program! They have that something. I liked Zhang/Bartholomay a lot, in part because they both seemed like such sweet, positive people. But Gretchen and Nate seem to be really gelling.

Has anyone seen the Canadian Team(I think their last names are Russian, though) Dylan Moscovitch and Lubov I.? Their jumps were quite good, especially the throw jumps.

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
Yes, I think that lots of people have told me I did well. Personally, I don't think so, but I am also extremely critical of myself, so probably best to not ask me ahaha. I am first year junior and a fairly new competitor(only since '10-'11), so I want to gain as much experience I can. Thank you for your words and I will try my best!

It's good to keep striving so long as you don't sink into perfectionism. 5th in your group is really good! :cheer:

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
Judging by the amount of posts I'd say this has been a pretty successful event. I was surprised at how many people tuned in to see what was going down up in Detroit. :clap:

We're desperate. We're going through withdrawals, and this comp actually had a live stream (unlike Glacier Falls next week :scowl:)

mnm464

On the Ice
Also, if anyone has the chance to, could anyone video Tim Dolensky and upload/send me the video? He's one of my friends, but if they don't have a stream I don't know. It would be super cool! Breathes gelatin-I have video of their long, just need to upload. iPhoto taking crazy long! I will post a link tomorrow of the vids!

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Here is their short: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlRof82X3Ag

Haven't seen the long yet

Video of Lubov/Dylan FS is on TSL Facebook page.

Also, if anyone has the chance to, could anyone video Tim Dolensky and upload/send me the video? He's one of my friends, but if they don't have a stream I don't know. It would be super cool! Breathes gelatin-I have video of their long, just need to upload. iPhoto taking crazy long! I will post a link tomorrow of the vids!

As is Dolensky SP from Skate Detroit ... in case you are not already aware.

If you are asking in advance for Dolensky at Glacier Falls, on-demand video of GF will be available on IN after the fact.
Not live streaming, but on-demand video.

Eris

On the Ice
Bobrova and Soloviev don't skate to R&J this season. Their programs are Masquerade and Anna Karenina OST

mnm464

On the Ice
Oh, ok. I wasn't aware. Sometimes I know that IN covers video for summer competitions, but didn't the GF was one. Thank you for telling me!

ice coverage

Record Breaker

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
So had Luba and Dylan not had that invalid lift, they would have scored 66+ and that's with just a double twist (though I realize club comp scores can be a bit inflated). Still this is a great start for them.

Great to hear the story behind Gretchen and Nate's Chicago program. I agree it was a good move to break away from Gretchen usual m.o. Also I feel like she's gain a bit more power and strength in her skating and Nate seem to have gained some more refinement and polish in his.