2015 Tallinn Trophy Men SP and FS | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2015 Tallinn Trophy Men SP and FS

Poice

Final Flight
Not Deniss's day- he really just couldn't get his feet under him at all. Also I really don't get this costume or program but maybe that's just me?

This costume is horrible...even worse in person....I saw him live and this program is just weird....and this awkward dialogue....

tulosai

Record Breaker
This costume is horrible...even worse in person....I saw him live and this program is just weird....and this awkward dialogue....

Yes I think the dialogue is what truly kills it for me... it was sort of okay ish before but after that I really just can't get back into it.

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
that was tough from Deniss, i hope he didnt injure himself, btw i love it when skaters hold onto their coaches when putting their blade guards? instead of holding onto the boards :luv17:

tulosai

Record Breaker
It's Tron...what else should he wear?

I haven't seen him lose all his jumps like today...:drama: Love the new section at the end, though!

Yeah like I said I think he just couldn't get his feet under him. Quite obviously he is usually a QUITE strong jumper whatever his other flaws.

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
It's Tron...what else should he wear?

I haven't seen him lose all his jumps like today...:drama: Love the new section at the end, though!

i dont know, i get that its tron but dont like the fit of it i guess, comparing it to his SP, it looks great on him

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Yeah like I said I think he just couldn't get his feet under him. Quite obviously he is usually a QUITE strong jumper whatever his other flaws.

Well, actually his jumps have historically been his only real flaw, but they're improving with Urmanov. Just not his day today.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
When it comes to Max's use of his arms, the word 'perfunctory' comes to mind. But pretty strong jumps, good for him. :agree:

Last edited:

Layback11

Record Breaker
That person with the noisemaker needs to quit it. It sounds like a hive of wasps.

Vuvuzela, perhaps?

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I thought Max lost both steam and artistry in the slow parts of his program, in the middle. He didn't seem to use the emotional high points in the music. Did that happen at SA? I'll have to go back and look. Any thoughts?

tulosai

Record Breaker
Well, actually his jumps have historically been his only real flaw, but they're improving with Urmanov. Just not his day today.

LOL I only really started following him this season so I don't have much historical reference... my knowledge of the men is spotty in many places. But this year I've felt him to be a very good jumper :biggrin:

More important, well done Max! :cheer: Not his very best but a solid skate, should definitely be more than enough to hold onto the lead!

TMC

Record Breaker
Now I'm really :scratch2: and :scratch: and :mad: that they ditched the WTT choreo. It was GLORIOUS!

That one really showed that he's really really improved in PCS. This one does not show it enough, even though it's still obvious.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
well fought my swan gladiator

man he just did not look stable today i was freaking

tulosai

Record Breaker
Now I'm really :scratch2: and :scratch: and :mad: that they ditched the WTT choreo. It was GLORIOUS!

That one really showed that he's really really improved in PCS. This one does not show it enough, even though it's still obvious.

Yes I do miss parts of the old choreo a lot, but I think this gets the job done as long as he can deliver most of the jumps.

TMC

Record Breaker
I thought Max lost both steam and artistry in the slow parts of his program, in the middle. He didn't seem to use the emotional high points in the music. Did that happen at SA? I'll have to go back and look. Any thoughts?

I recommend watching his WTT long and the SA long and this one.

There was much more of everything in the WTT version.

I hope they go back to that one, and I hope that Max performs it flawlessy at Nats and wins.
(And I say this as a JB stan)

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
It is so good to see Phillip Mills in a while!

On the other hand, Deniss, Deniss, Deniss...sigh