2015 U.S. International Figure Skating Classic - Ladies SP and FS | Page 17 | Golden Skate

2015 U.S. International Figure Skating Classic - Ladies SP and FS

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I know this is just my opinion... but I wish Elizabet would skate to something a bit younger. These two programs are very heavy topics for someone so young. I would imagine they would hard to connect to.

ETA: Isn't she and her mom living in a separate country from her dad? If they've all got a great relationship, that must be really hard, in which case this would be a really (bitter)sweet program for her.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Elizabet Tursybaeva (KAZ)

Very nice pale purple dress with white trim. Lace-up back. Sprinkled with crystals. Gorgeous.

"Papa Can You Hear Me"

Um, I didn't know we were allowing 10 year olds as Seniors now? :eek:

3Lze-2T-2Lo rippon arms
3Lz
3F
FCSp
CCoSp
3S-3T<
3Lo
2A-3T<< 2ft
StSq
ChSq
2A
FCCoSp

Jumps for the most part were reasonably nice, the spins were not as good in places. Be interesting to see how she goes as she grows.

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
Elizabet is up.

Another lavender dress. I wonder if this will be her signature color. Simple, tank dress with criss cross straps on the back and white dip dye hem.

Papa can you hear me. Just once, I'd like to see a lady skate to this in men's clothing.

Beautiful arms/extension/position, but she rushes through her motions which damages the emotional connection to the music. Instead, she relies on moments of over the top mimery much like Yulia did in her break out season. Typical of her age, and Yulia impressed me this and last year, so it's not a big knock on her.

She slayed, of course

Layback11

Record Breaker
Elizabet Tursynbaeva KAZ

Scores: 118.25, 177.91
Place: 1st-by miles and miles

Music: Papa Can You Hear Me?

Lavender sparkly dress with strappy back and white ombre hem
Low bun with matching scrunchie

3Lz-2t-2Lo
3F
Camel combo spin
3S-3T
3Lo
2A-3t (2 footed)
StSq
2A
Sit combo into layback

Sweet program. I like it, and the character she's playing seems to be a very natural fit for her.

slider11

Medalist
Lovely young girl and music a nice choice but absolutely no connection on her part to the music. Not sure how you teach that but because someone has fabulous jumps and good choreography does not automatically give them good performance marks.

Krunchii

Record Breaker
Tell me about Elizabet- never heard of her. She's promising! How old is she? Is she considered a real up-and-comer?

She's 15 years old from Kazakhstan! She's considered an up and comer yes, she's entering seniors this year and her coach is Brian Orser, big Yuna Kim fan

jg2000

On the Ice
Tell me about Elizabet- never heard of her. She's promising! How old is she? Is she considered a real up-and-comer?

She was 4th at jr worlds, and will be at skate America and skate Canada. I think this is a new pb for her, internationally. She's coached by orser, and her jumps aren't super but they've improved from before.

charmblade

Final Flight
I love Kanako's program, so much better than last year!! And she looks gorgeous. Hopefully she can get the jumps under control....

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Kanako Murakami (JPN)

Oh, I love this. Dark blue with light blue ombre, wide sleeves. Light blue trim on a deep vee back.

Japanese music

3Lz!-3T
2Lz pop
1Lo bigger pop
FCSp
StSq
CCoSp
3F-2T
2F pop
3S-2Lo-2Lo
ChSq
2A fall
LSp

Some of her toe jumps looked frighteningly donkey-kicked. Nice program, lovely dress.

Layback11

Record Breaker
Kanako Murakami JPN

Scores: 92.02, 147.60
Place: 5th

Navy-to-aqua ombre dress with deep v wrapped neckline and bell sleeves-possibly kimono-inspired?
Matching hairpiece

Can't find music because I don't have my phone, but it sounded Chinese

3F-3T
3Lz
1Lo
Camel spin
StSq
3t-2t
2F
3?-2t-2l
2A fall
Good layback

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
Hanfu inspired dress with a chinese inspired program for Kanako. It reminds me a little of Shizuka Arakawa's Turin FS dress, but more drapey.

Let me tell you, she's showing the other girls how it's done in PCS. That step sequence :love: Even her falls are musical!

She finished a little ahead of the music, I think that last fall threw off her timing.

Doesn't look overjoyed. Actually looks really dissapointed. Rolls her eyes :rolleye::laugh2:

yyyskate

Record Breaker
Get to watch the video to see Elizabet's musicality, lack of ? I think she has decent musicality, but this year's programs, based on previous outings, Elizabet seems disconnect with music at times...

Lissy

Medalist
I don't think this is a good program for Karen. The music cuts are weird and she really just skates through it with no connection. Hopefully she will grow into it more and I know she's had a rough summer of training so perhaps that plays a major role.

Layback11

Record Breaker
Wanted to give Karen my complete and undivided attention. No recap on her...sorry. :cry:

Except for the fall and pop, looked good. LOVE the program!!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Karen Chen (USA)

Very dark red, sparkled with crystals, plunging "diamond necklace" type neck. Asymmetrical skirt, drink!

Les Mis. Can we not with making very young-looking skaters skate to ridiculously heavy, older music? Let them be kids!

1Lze big pop
3F<
CCoSp
StSq
2A-2T
FCCoSp
ChSq
3S
2Lo
1A
3Lze < fall
LSp very very nice!

Some nice moments, glad she came back strong, but that music was way too big for her.

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
Oh goody- Les Mis. Karen Chen

Very campy program- and that's not an insult. Her motions are all very exaggerated acting out of the character (On My Own), but it's not bad. Posture/extension/arms are good and it makes for a cohesive program rather than "generic skate #46 with a thematic flare thrown in here and there when the skater remembers"

Ooh, that fall WAS bad.