2015 U.S. International Figure Skating Classic SLC General | Page 27 | Golden Skate

2015 U.S. International Figure Skating Classic SLC General

blancanieves

On the Ice
Yeah, this is the only problem. The one real benefit to using a waltz is that you get the nice, on-time... bounce? I don't really know what to call it, sorry. They have it for a few bars but their music just doesn't allow it. Hopefully the judges will embrace it anyway because it's an absolutely lovely program. Even with the fall they were clearly the best today.

I think you mean "rise and fall." They have beautiful knee action throughout, I don't really think their movement is off. The longer they skate the pattern, the better it will be though.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Also, I am very happy to see both her and Mirai using spiral in their programs this year (I really miss Arakawa, Cohen and Kwan's beautiful ones!). I hope Adelina, Mao and Satoko will use them too but I guess that is too much to ask for under the current COP system...

Yesss, all hail the return of the spiral!

Glad Mariah did alright- she is one of my faves!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Oh I'm glad to hear that Mariah fall was on the end of the 3-3...I had missed her performance due to my boss calling me regarding something work-related.

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
wow:love:, didnot notice any spiral though, perhaps everything else is just too impressive, I like her lay-back spin.:love:

you didnt notice? its short but not that short :biggrin: its after layback spin :laugh:

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
This sounds like the same cut as Zujin. Well, almost but not quite. They used a different verse. The rest sounds the same.

Layback11

Record Breaker
I missed it! :cry: what happened to Satoko? I would think she'd get more than a 63 if she skated well. Really happy for Angela! Who would've thought she'd be in 2nd? Great job. With this SP and her good showing at Collegiates under her belt, she's looking a lot better score-wise than she did last year.

Shocked that Kanako isn't on the podium, but 1st and 3rd are who I expected.

Good for Mariah with the 3-3! That's my girl :cheer: