2015 U.S. International Figure Skating Classic SLC General | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2015 U.S. International Figure Skating Classic SLC General

just wondering

On the Ice
Though it seems interesting that the USFSA updated the international assignments today with the skate America tbas determined but did not update the info on the classic. Perhaps they are still making some final decisions on that?

I suspect this is the case. Considering the ISP and where others might be headed anyway makes me think USFS is working through those remaining who have posted decent summer scores. May not be as easy or obvious as it might first seem.

Turbo-Mom

On the Ice
Two different organizations
USFSA and Salt Lake are hosts and USFSA sends it entries to the ISU by the cut off time
ISU posts the entries when they do but usually about 30 days ahead of time
I think they will post both JGP Torun Poland and also Salt Lake when they have someone in the office in Geneva that can write HTML language
I'm probably wrong - but that's my story and I'm sticking to it for a few minutes until someone that knows what they are talking about can give us the real answer
Would love to know who is competing
Thanks

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Though it seems interesting that the USFSA updated the international assignments today with the skate America tbas determined but did not update the info on the classic. Perhaps they are still making some final decisions on that?

Two different organizations
USFSA and Salt Lake are hosts and USFSA sends it entries to the ISU by the cut off time
ISU posts the entries when they do but usually about 30 days ahead of time
I think they will post both JGP Torun Poland and also Salt Lake when they have someone in the office in Geneva that can write HTML language
I'm probably wrong - but that's my story and I'm sticking to it for a few minutes until someone that knows what they are talking about can give us the real answer
Would love to know who is competing
Thanks

I believe aromatic's post had nothing to do with the ISU site.

I think aromatic is saying that the International Assignments page on USFS's own website still does not give the Team USA assignments for SLC, which were announced days ago. But the new Skate America assignments announced today already have been added to the USFS assignments page.

Re Challenge Skate (not the International Classic):
Chase Belmontes is planning to compete, per his blog.
http://figureskatersonline.com/chasebelmontes/another-adventurous-trip-to-california/ (Aug 19)​

Last edited:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
http://www.usfigureskating.org/Story.asp?id=51325&type=media

US Skaters announced.

Ladies: Karen Chen, Angela Wang
Men: Timothy Dolensky, Richard Dornbush, Ross Miner
Pairs: Marissa Castelli & Mervin Tran, Gretchen Donlan & Nathan Bartholomay, Tarah Kayne & Daniel O’Shea
Ice dance: Madison Hubbell & Zachary Donohue, Danielle Thomas & Daniel Eaton ...

Thx, laire.

Note:
Alex Johnson has been added to the Team USA roster, per the ISU link.
And Sean Rabbitt :) is listed as a substitute.​

But no other Team USA additions to other disciplines, except for subs:
Mariah Bell for ladies; Pfund/Santillan and Shaughnessy/Morgan for pairs.​

Links to other disciplines are here:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Team Australia remains Awesome. :)

And yay, Lukas!

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It's idiotic not to add at least a 3rd US Lady at a US Senior B. Four US Men but just 2 ladies. :confused:

Last edited:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'll never understand why Ashley doesn't do events like this. With her inconsistency and technical issues being about her only weakness it would seem logical for her to skate more frequently to work out the bugs.

I noticed that there are four US ladies at Nebelhorn. Mariah Bell still only has SA. #lame

aromaticchicken

On the Ice
It's idiotic not to add at least a 3rd US Lady at a US Senior B. Four US Men but just 2 ladies. :confused:
I agree that it is weird that they wouldn't add someone like Tyler Pierce or Leah Kaiser, who is in the international selection pool and skating senior.

However maybe another thing to keep in mind is that the federation may have offered up spots to skaters who said no thanks to them? Many of the developing skaters are working on their technique and skating, especially because regionals and sectionals are coming up very soon. If they don't receive a bye, they will want to be hard at work working on their skating to keep their spot at nationals.

The first regionals are only a week after salt lake, in fact. And because it's domestically located, I don't believe attending salt lake would give them an automatic bye either.

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker

Especially when it is located right between California and Colorado Springs with so many skaters in each. Lots of skaters who could drive if they needed/wanted to and don't have to deal with more than a 1 hour time change. Who knows what USFSA is thinking.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
No, only two U.S. ladies -- Mirai and Courtney -- are assigned to Nebelhorn.

Ashley Cain and Hannah are listed as substitutes.

I truly am sorry that you always need to fact check me so frequently but I am thankful. I misread a post earlier today in another thread about the four entries and definetly did a googley eye thing. Makes way more sense that only two are going.

Still...that doesn't answer my question about Ashley not doing senior B events though. Obviously it would call for speculation but then again a lot of what we do here involves that to a degree. I truly believe she would benefit as would other skaters in attending such events. Oh well....she probably has her reasons and who am I to question such things.

Last edited:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
I truly am sorry that you always need to fact check me so frequently but I am thankful. I misread a post earlier today in another thread about the four entries and definetly did a googley eye thing. Makes way more sense that only two are going.

Still...that doesn't answer my question about Ashley not doing senior B events though. ....

I am a big believer in trying to nip anyone's inaccuracies (esp. my own ;)) in the bud -- because as your own experience demonstrates, misinformation can quickly take on a life of its own.

(Was and am purposely steering clear of your Wagner question b/c I don't have an opinion either way.)

Last edited: