2016-17 Japanese National Ladies FS | Page 14 | Golden Skate

2016-17 Japanese National Ladies FS

sarama

Medalist
I love the girls going to junior worlds, but it's really unfair for Kihira, after all she did quite well (if not extremely well) at every competition except for junior nationals. Anyway she still young!

Khoai

Match Penalty
I love the girls going to junior worlds, but it's really unfair for Kihira, after all she did quite well (if not extremely well) at every competition except for junior nationals. Anyway she still young!
If she was injured then better rest this season, she won't be old enough for 2018 anyway. Better to focus on healing and doing well in the junior circle next season.

christinaskater

Medalist
Satoko was beautiful! She is really trying to jump with more power and height this year! Congrats for your 3rd Japanese national title.

Wakaba skated so beautifully! Her program is very complicated and has so many intricacies to it.
Her musicality has also improved immensely.
She was very gutsy to throw that 2nd triple lutZ- triple toe combination which paid of in the end.
Once this girl stops making the odd single mistake , she will be one of the ones to watch for the Olympics.

Congrats Mai Mihara- she skated like a dream. Her jumps are so beautiful! I hope they change her costume
And give her hair and make up to up the PCS marks. She has everything and just needs that make over to get those higher PCS points.

Marin Honda is just effortless! She along with Satoko and Polina T are my favourites currently . She is so beautiful!
She is also a victim of that odd mistake.
But her musicality , beauty, charm and excellence makes her one to watch out for.
It's good she's training with Satoko, and I hope in the future she becomes as mentally strong as Satoko.
Marin has all the qualities to be the best in the world.
I just feel that this year, because of the World Junior Title on her shoulders, she has been feeling the pressure which has affected her skating.

Mao is just the most exquisite artiste in the world right now. I hope she can comebackπŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»

I'm sad for Rika, but that's the sport. Figure skating is still a sport and a mistake is a mistake- but she was really gutsy to put that last Triple triple at the very end!

I'm so happy that Kanako got her moment of redemption.

Yuna S was phenomenal technically πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»

sallycinnamon

Medalist
Mao is just the most exquisite artiste in the world right now. I hope she can comebackπŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»

I don't think I have ever seen Mao skating as mature and artistic as before. She is just stunning. I won't make any comment on the technical part now, but interpretation-wise, and performance-wise, both of her programs at the Japanese Nationals mesmerized me completely. She really has a new level of maturity since her comeback last season.:luv17:

DiamondDust

Final Flight
I was going by Jackie Wong updates (so if she is not third, sorry! :p), but according to his feed: 1) Satoko (70 and something), 2) Mao (65), 3) Kanako (64)

Wow only a point different from Mao. I can't see how this is possible. But oh well... :laugh:

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So sad that Mao's season may be over. I love her free skate. If this is the end for this year, I think she should keep both programs for next season. Mao's artistry is better than ever. I hope she can get her jumps back.

zanadude

Medalist
Country
Japan
Rika blew her chance at Worlds the moment she decided to go back to her Riverdance program.

It's still one of my favorite free programs ever, but this sport rewards people that look forward, not backward.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
To be honest i think Hongo is going to have a hard time making the World team in the future. The new younger girls like Marin, Yuna and Wakaba along with Mai are going to do nothing but get better in the future. As for Mao it just might be that age has caught up with her and she can't keep up technically with these girls.

malo42

On the Ice
Honestly I am gutted for Rika because this very well could have been her last chance at getting to worlds with all the upcoming girls. Who knows though, she could have a comeback!

zanadude

Medalist
Country
Japan
I don't think I have ever seen Mao skating as mature and artistic as before. She is just stunning. I won't make any comment on the technical part now, but interpretation-wise, and performance-wise, both of her programs at the Japanese Nationals mesmerized me completely. She really has a new level of maturity since her comeback last season.:luv17:

If it hasn't been done already, somebody should splice her best short and free performances from this season into a single video.

Last edited:

ioanna

Record Breaker
Sorry, but I have no clue of the names. At least in Russians national protocols I struggled with the letters but it was OK. I can't say Japanese writing is easy to learn.

1. Satoko Miyahara
2. Mai Mihara
3. Yuna Shiraiwa
4. Wakaba Higuchi
5. Marin Honda
6. Rika Hongo
7. Kanako Murakami
8. Rin Nitaya
9. Kaori Sakamoto
10. Saya Suzuki
11. Yura Matsuda
12. Mao Asada
13. Miyabi Oba
14. Riko Takino
15. Ayaka Hosoda
16. Mariko Kihara
17. Hinano Isobe
18. Haruka Imai
19. Nana Matsushima
20. Honoka Hirotani
21. Miyu Nakashio
22. Rino Kasakake
23. Kirari Kobayashi
24. Yuka Nagai

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
I watched just Satoko so far. She has polished this program almost to perfection. Although in general I am not her biggest fan I agree that this Star Wars program is very good.

But her Urs. She received 2 of them. And the flip was clearly Urd as well. Tech guys gave her a break this time and although judges were not impressed giving her in general 0 GOE for this flip she could have lost much more: 1.7 in BV and about 0.5 in GOE.

In general if she is set to compete for worlds silver it would be essential to overcome the issue rather than to hope to get away with 3 carrots.

Heleng

Medalist
Country
United-States
Honestly I am gutted for Rika because this very well could have been her last chance at getting to worlds with all the upcoming girls. Who knows though, she could have a comeback!

I feel the same about Rika :(. Especially since her placement at Worlds helped Japan qualify three skaters for this season. While she doesn't have a refined style, she has such personality and enthusiasm, and her speed and athleticism make her exciting to watch when she skates well. I hope for her sake that she has a stellar season next year.

skatespin

On the Ice
Crushed for Rika and Mao. I really don't like the direction this sport is moving in, where now it's all about the jumps and everything else matters so much less. Skaters in Russia and Japan will keep being thrown away for the next young prodigy

The best moment of the competition for me was the end of Kanako's FS when she got a huge standing ovation and she was crying. She's had a terrible season and messy long programs for quite a while, so I wasn't expecting anything when watching her FS. But Kanako came out with a new costume that fit the program well and I really enjoyed the performance. Skated clean for the first time in who knows how long. Tech content was much easier than her competitors, but it allowed her to really perform and it was really a great moment when you remember it's not always about the jumps.

zanadude

Medalist
Country
Japan
The best moment of the competition for me was the end of Kanako's FS when she got a huge standing ovation and she was crying. She's had a terrible season and messy long programs for quite a while, so I wasn't expecting anything when watching her FS. But Kanako came out with a new costume that fit the program well and I really enjoyed the performance. Skated clean for the first time in who knows how long. Tech content was much easier than her competitors, but it allowed her to really perform and it was really a great moment when you remember it's not always about the jumps.

It's not about the jumps if you don't care about winning. It was a great moment that got her seventh place.

Miyahara better start practice sticking her hand in the air on those tiny jumps of hers.

skatespin

On the Ice
It's not about the jumps if you don't care about winning. It was a great moment that got her seventh place.

Miyahara better start practice sticking her hand in the air on those tiny jumps of hers.

I don't think Kanako went there to win this time around. If it's only about winning then I guess most everyone should just quit skating now. Personally, I don't understand how Satoko gets the scores she gets, but yup she better start backloading everything and sticking the arm over the head because the UR problem is catching up with her.