2016-2017 Japanese Nationals Ladies SP | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2016-2017 Japanese Nationals Ladies SP

Lota

Record Breaker
Wow, Rika really was on fire, so great to see!!! :love:

And she really did look composed, or perhaps more focused I should say. She had a task to fulfill and she did that very well :dance:

Mirunna

Record Breaker
I avoided following this event because I kind of expected Mao to have this sort of a performance :(
I don't know that to say other than it's heartbreaking seeing her not being in form and so far off the podium. I am praying for a miracle tomorrow though it might be best for her at this point to call it a season, regroup, heal, and try her Swan song in the Olympic season with rejuvenated powers.
On a more optimistic side, thrilled to see the gorgeous Marin doing so well. Apparently she is finally conquering her SP demons. She is a joy to watch and a breath of fresh air on the junior circuit among all those back-loading program, crazy tanos and rushed movements for the sake of grabbing points. And nice to see Wakaba doing great as well. I like both these ladies a lot. Last, but not least, I am thrilled for Rika! May she remain in second place, it would be a great victory for her after how bad this season went for her so far.

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
Mai :luv17::love: its always great to see the joy on and esp off the ice :yahoo: PCS could have been higher though

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
Absolutely agree! That was a cracking performance that deserved more :scowl:

she got 30+ at both of her GP event so one would think she would get higher here since its "nationals" and everyone is getting "inflated" PCS :slink:

nolangoh

Steps and Spirals enthusiast
Record Breaker
YES Marin!!! The Princess heir!!!

Last edited:

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Gosh, Marin Honda is adorable. Such presence on the ice at this age. She is really special.

Marius

Art on Ice
Final Flight
she got 30+ at both of her GP event so one would think she would get higher here since its "nationals" and everyone is getting "inflated" PCS :slink:

Right! Poor Mai :palmf:

Marin was simply STUNNING! Her skating skills are to die for, transitions beautifully included in the program, her softness is just amazing.. Technically, her Camel Spin was not at her best and the StSq was again considered level 2.. I wonder why they didn't include some difficult steps in that to gain level 3 or 4, it is from the start of the season that she get level 2 :scratch2:
Aniway, she absolutely deserved more PCS. She is one of the most polished and expressive skaters in the world, for me :love:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
Right! Poor Mai :palmf:

Marin was simply STUNNING! Her skating skills are to die for, transitions beautifully included in the program, her softness is just amazing.. Technically, her Camel Spin was not at her best and the StSq was again considered level 2.. I wonder why they didn't include some difficult steps in that to gain level 3 or 4, it is from the start of the season that she get level 2 :scratch2:
Aniway, she absolutely deserved more PCS. She is one of the most polished and expressive skaters in the world, for me :love:

i dont think its related to not including enough steps , missing levels on stsq and spins is often problem for Marin, maybe its concentration issue

nolangoh

Steps and Spirals enthusiast
Record Breaker
Well my stream was lagging so badly during Mao, but thats ok when I see Mao's smile at the end :) I trust you the Queen of Comeback;)

Marius

Art on Ice
Final Flight
Mao, apart from the axel and the 3F-2Lo that looked a little bit tied, was amazing.. very faster than on the Grand Prix Circuit. 3Lo was beautiful and the Step Sequence was breathtaking. Hopefully she will do better with the jumps in the FS :cry:

Leonardo

Final Flight
Wakaba PLEASE replace that triple flip (e) with a triple loop!! So sad to see her losing almost 5 points every time. :drama:
Imho she deserved only a !, she took off on a flat edge, but a triple loop would be much better. Please follow Satoko's example

Last edited:

DiamondDust

Final Flight
So I was ablte to find videos of ladies sp in YT. My thoughts on a few I watched.

Kanako... girl that costume is err... I don't know. Well, I like her smiles at the end of her programs but it annoyed me today. Low score, I wish she didn't have to be so happy about it :palmf: . It doesn't make sense to me unless she didn't come to win.

Rika... she's underscored in her previous competitions so I'm glad she brought her A game here. Obviously, I'll be downloading this performance and save it to my PC. :)

Satoko... sort of bland to me but she's got such an airy quality, she moves light on the ice. Her spins are nice and again, congratulations for getting first. Good luck with the LP.

Wakaba... nicely done. Nice flow and connection to her music. Love that guts pose at the end.

Marin... Besides that stsq (which I thought is kind of simple) , overall a lovely lovely skate. :) Looking forward to her LP.

Mao... okay... her jumps weren't there with her again this time but her skating is just sublime. And the stsq is really wonderful.

Last edited:

andyjo24

Medalist
So I was ablte to find videos of ladies sp in YT. My thoughts on a few I watched.

Kanako... girl that costume is err... I don't know. Well, I like her smiles at the end of her programs but it annoyed me today. Low score, I wish she didn't have to be so happy about it :palmf: . It doesn't make sense to me unless she didn't come to win.

Rika... she's underscored in her previous competitions so I'm glad she brought her A game here. Obviously, I'll be downloading this performance and save it to my PC. :)

Satoko... sort of bland to me but she's got such an airy quality, she moves light on the ice. Her spins are nice and again, congratulations for getting first. Good luck with the LP.

Wakaba... nicely done. Nice flow and connection to her music. Love that guts pose at the end.

Marin... Besides that stsq (which I thought is kind of simple) , overall a lovely lovely skate. :) Looking forward to her LP.

Still waiting for some others to be uploaded. :)

Where are the videos, please?

Sophie-Anna

Medalist
I can't find the official results from this event. Official results site (in English) doesn't show it yet. Does anybody know where to find it, or could someone who knows post the SP results here?