2016 Autumn Classic Ladies Short Program | Page 14 | Golden Skate

2016 Autumn Classic Ladies Short Program

yyyskate

Record Breaker
watched, Elizabet, Na Hyun KIM and Rika Hongo. How exciting! this is a great lady's SP competition. All these girls put all of their effort into performance (maybe a bit too excited in Na Hyun's case:biggrin:) Love Rika's performance, she has posture issue and not the most graceful, but this SP, completely hide her weakness and amplified her strength to the most. Great packaging from Team Rika.
also, love Alaine's program.

Last edited:

burntBREAD

Medalist
I like his Writing's on the wall. It's a deeply emotional song with that classical 007 mystery in it.

The only reason that I can think of is his sexual orientation, which is unfair.

If you think figure skating fans of all people will dislike someone due to their sexual orientation...

Not that (as Mrs. P stated earlier)
- He ripped "Stay With Me" off of an old Tom Petty song
- He announced that he was the first openly gay man to win an Oscar (which he was not)
- He has a very whiny singing style (personal opinion)

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
Among the top ladies, Rika's is the most exciting, even though she did not do 100% of the choreography.
I also love Maisy's innovative program, which blended figure skating with Chinese dance, with a lot of Buddhist gestures?

Mirai, that huge score. Does it mean she may finish ahead of Ashley and Gracie this season?

mrrice

Record Breaker
I don't know if we're still talking about the Ladies SP but, I just watched Mirai's. Mirai is in such good shape. Even better than she was in 2010. Her jumps are great, her spins are fast, her costume is beautiful and her choreography is spectacular. WHY does she look like she's studying for a Physics Exam. Seriously, she could miss the podium at Nationals especially if she ends up skating right after Ashley Wagner. I really hope her coaches take her step by step through her program and ask her what mood she's trying to convey with the look she has on her face. I'd hate to see Mirai finish 4th AGAIN! She clearly deserves to be on the podium but she can't leave anything to chance. Mariah Bell is hot on the heels of all the top Ladies and I'd love to see Mirai add a second title to her resume'. It is certainly within her grasp.

Last edited:

Icenetwork

Rinkside
Yay for mirai! That was an amazing performance. I hope she can improve her pcs scores and she will
Be the top contender for gold!!

Heleng

Medalist
Country
United-States
Alright Mirai! So happy for her and really hoping this gives her great confidence and momentum going forward.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
the most hilarious thing is that it's a chopin nocturne... HAHA the music itself is definitely public domain but she chose a silly version with a stupid violin line on top... oh that makes it new? hahaahahahaha the violinist didn't rewrite the music... copyright laws are stupid with things like this... it's just an arrangement and a bad one on top of that...
I really really like 'Lil Bet's SP.....who could ask for anything more? :yahoo:

I've tried to watch Mirai's program but none of the videos I clicked had sound.....it's unbearable without music.

nolangoh

Steps and Spirals enthusiast
Record Breaker
I watched the top ladies' performances. Why do they have to lowball Rika's PCS that much? She mayn't be the most classically beautiful skater but boy, this SP is EPIC! I honestly she should receive low 8s in Performance, Choreo and interpretation.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
I like his Writing's on the wall. It's a deeply emotional song with that classical 007 mystery in it.

The only reason that I can think of is his sexual orientation, which is unfair.

Well I'm a gay man, so believe me, his sexual orientation has nothing to do with my shoulder shrug to that song. And it's not the arrangement or the music--which are indeed in the classical 007 style. Nor is it his voice, which I actually really like (though I still think Boy George in his heyday could outsing him). It's that lyric. I just cringe every time I listen to it. It's like Mr Smith has never met a cliche he didn't want to marry and commit to for the rest of his days.

matcha

Medalist
omg MIRAI :love:

She got me ugly crying at being in first place.

edit: Such a shame for Kim Na Hyun and that fall :(

Last edited:

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
I'm really impressed by Nagasu. I have no problem with her facial expression, it's a very introvert lyrical piece, excessive facial expression would ruin it for me. But she has to give more face in her FS.

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
the ladies scoring is kind of a joke ? :laugh15:

I find the scoring here to be quite crazy. Mirai did a solid clean program but none of her spins were at their best, the footwork sequence was quite weak (really don't see how it got Level 4 credit), and she could have been more expressive. Rika Hongo barely breaking 60 for a good performance that just had the one mistake? Makes no sense. They really hosed her on the PCS. As always...sigh.

sneakers

Match Penalty
I find the scoring here to be quite crazy. Mirai did a solid clean program but none of her spins were at their best, the footwork sequence was quite weak (really don't see how it got Level 4 credit), and she could have been more expressive. Rika Hongo barely breaking 60 for a good performance that just had the one mistake? Makes no sense. They really hosed her on the PCS. As always...sigh.

well its autum skate classic in US after all ? again the same home advantage boost.
I find that perplexing though with score for Rika's low 60s and Mirai's 73 ? she must be the reigning World champ with that score with no underrotations.

largeman

choice beef
Medalist
I'm really impressed by Nagasu. I have no problem with her facial expression, it's a very introvert lyrical piece, excessive facial expression would ruin it for me. But she has to give more face in her FS.

Word.
If she keeps the blank expression throughout the FS again (as she did at Lombardia) I'm gonna be like :bang:

tulosai

Record Breaker
well its autum skate classic in US after all ? again the same home advantage boost.
I find that perplexing though with score for Rika's low 60s and Mirai's 73 ? she must be the reigning World champ with that score with no underrotations.

It's actually in Canada. While your confusion is understandable since Canada is right next to the USA, I can assure you they are two very different countries.

kalle

On the Ice
It's actually in Canada. While your confusion is understandable since Canada is right next to the USA, I can assure you they are two very different countries.

A bit like those who thinks London is the capital of the country Europe... :noshake::p

sneakers

Match Penalty

sorry, I think I mistook this from another CS held in the US.
but yeah, north american skaters getting the boost and japanese skaters getting hosed like always with home advantage.

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker

And in Montreal at that, which is as far away from Kansas as you can get (culturally speaking). ;)

Last edited: