2016 Canadian Nationals Senior Women FS | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2016 Canadian Nationals Senior Women FS

Taan

On the Ice
WOW will Kaetlyn and Gabi have a skate off at 4CC? to determine world team?? :shocked:

liv

Record Breaker
A loss by .12... such a tiny margin changes your season etc..

Training together obviously worked for these two as well... the cricket club breeds success again.

kresslia

Medalist
Not sure how dance is going to top this drama. Or hell, any of the remaining events.

Wow Taan, you might be right. I forgot about 4CC. .12 is an essential tie, so I wouldn't blame them if they relied on 4CC as the tiebreaker.

SGrand

Final Flight
Ok, obviously some generous scores, but I love the overall podium and think it is correct. But how did Kaetlyn score that for that? Like.......??? And I'm a fan of hers.
Congrats to the ladies for throwing it down. Watching how Alaine and Gabby are together is really cute.

Sabrina

Record Breaker
I love all 3 girls, but I am so happy for Alaine. She was the best in SP too, only the judges didn't agree. I love Kaetlin but, unfortunately I don't think she was ready for such a tough competition. I was a bit stunned by the huge GOE Kaetlin received.

Last edited:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
well if this had been skated internationally, Kaetlyn wouldn't have scored close to Gabby
Not sure how dance is going to top this drama. Or hell, any of the remaining events.

Wow Taan, you might be right. I forgot about 4CC. .12 is an essential tie, so I wouldn't blame them if they relied on 4CC as the tiebreaker.

MIM

Medalist
Alaine's reaction right after the socres eleased is adorable! LOL!
Love this new training mates rivalry thing! Great Great Great!

artsciboy

On the Ice
well if this had been skated internationally, Kaetlyn wouldn't have scored close to Gabby

Agreed. Kaetlyn's PCS scores were ridiculous in both the SP and the LP. The judges were clearly hoping the PCS would put Kaetlyn into one of the 1-2 spots, so I'm pretty disappointed in that.

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
WOW will Kaetlyn and Gabi have a skate off at 4CC? to determine world team?? :shocked:

I can't see that happening. Gabby has been soild all year for the most part (remember her 3rd in the FP placement at Skate Canada?) where as Kaetlyn has not, she's had FP issues all season.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I am confused is it Alaine and Gabby to Boston or is there a skate off. I agree a skate off is in order. What is fair is in the eye of the beholder. Neither appears to have been dominant or super consistent in a good way this year. Most potential is Osmond but injuries or not she is not really back fully yet. Arguably it should go to the top two but what is best for Canada is probably a skate off. Arguably there is more of a reason to let Osmond to go to worlds than Jason brown in the states. she showed up to nats at least (yes, I know brown is injured) but it is so hard I love all th ree ladies but I do fear that Canada is in a bad situation. they are like two steps back of the US. No consistent ladies champion though at least the US tend to be consistent on who they send - Canada not so. the American trio have built a solid reputation - admittedly Osmond being injury plagued seems to be a huge issue. Anyways wow what a nice mess:)

kresslia

Medalist
I am confused is it Alaine and Gabby to Boston or is there a skate off. I agree a skate off is in order. What is fair is in the eye of the beholder. Neither appears to have been dominant or super consistent in a good way this year. Most potential is Osmond but injuries or not she is not really back fully yet. Arguably it should go to the top two but what is best for Canada is probably a skate off. Arguably there is more of a reason to let Osmond to go to worlds than Jason brown in the states. she showed up to nats at least (yes, I know brown is injured) but it is so hard I love all th ree ladies but I do fear that Canada is in a bad situation. they are like two steps back of the US. No consistent ladies champion though at least the US tend to be consistent on who they send - Canada not so. the American trio have built a solid reputation - admittedly Osmond being injury plagued seems to be a huge issue. Anyways wow what a nice mess:)
Why in the world does every post of yours allude to us being inferior to the USA? Ugh.

SashaJuliaSpins

Final Flight
Agreed. Kaetlyn's PCS scores were ridiculous in both the SP and the LP. The judges were clearly hoping the PCS would put Kaetlyn into one of the 1-2 spots, so I'm pretty disappointed in that.

I am not an expert on elements, but Kaetlyn is a very pleasant skater to watch and her jumps are gorgeous! She is smooth and polished while Daleman exudes raw talent (which is also great)! The jumps Kaetlyn landed were top notch and very impressive! So yes, I see it.:hopelessness:

artsciboy

On the Ice

I also disagree about Osmond having the most potential. I think Alaine is nearly on the same level and has shown internationally that the judges are willing to reward her. Her SP at Cup of Russia was everything - she should keep Pina for more than one year, I think its her signature!

MIM

Medalist

I like Gabby's technique and she skated a solid program today. However, the overall presentation needs to be improved. Kaetlyn is not consistent, but her presentation and flow is something special. I think it is right to have a good gap in PCS between Gabby and Kaetlyn. I cannot say how much though..

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Why in the world does every post of yours allude to us being inferior to the USA? Ugh.

Oh sorry I meant the women in the US are stronger but I think these three ladies (Daleman, Chartrand and Osmond are a threat. That being said I don't think the issue is that 2nd and 3rd are so close but rather all three Canadian ladies are really close - on any day right now one of them could win over the other. Osmond seems to have stagnated due to injury; Daleman has grit, Chartrand has the whole package just not quite the it or quality factor yet. What does skate Canada do? You can't say it is all that clear cut for any of them to go to Boston.

Sabrina

Record Breaker
I think that whatever Orser touch was, Alaine improved her jumps a lot. She still had a couple of small issues today, but not those two feet landings that plagued her skating. Gabby also seemed to benefit as she used to overcook some jumps. So, is Orser behind this or just the athletes?

Skye

On the Ice
You can't say it is all that clear cut for any of them to go to Boston.

IMO, it is quite clear who is not ready go to Boston. As much as I agree that Kaetlyn's skating is far superior, she is definitely not in competitive shape at the moment. There is no chance that she would score anywhere close to Gabby or Alaine had she skated like that in front of international judges.

Last edited:

Daniel1998

Final Flight
I think Osmond will have to skate two clean programs at 4CC for her to show the Canadian Fed that she should be going to worlds.
Otherwise, how do you not go with Alaine and Gabby? They were close to perfect today.
If all three skate clean, Osmond would definitely get the highest score, because of her huge jumps, solid spins, and effortless skating. That's what's so tantalizing about her. She is my favourite Canadian skater, but I believe she should not be going to worlds unless she blows everyone away at 4CC.

liv

Record Breaker
I think the overall environment at Orser's rink is a big part, the motivation seeing your competitor every day is another, and both clearly love skating and have talent. I would guess the overall combination of all of these things and more has brought about this result.